Guest viewing is limited

THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dede, energy drain is not as bad today, it is 8:15 EST time and I am still up, have to be honest though, my bed is ready and waiting :sleep:. Hope your day is going well
 
Beth, today went really well, thanks. Ditto on the energy drain today. My experiment with the cane during the day worked! My hip didn't/hasn't complained at all today. I'll do the same next week and definitely for my road trip on the 8th. It'll be just over 1 hr drive each way. With all the planning I did, I'm hoping to be able to sit amongst the crowd to make it work for the majority of the consult. I'll definitely need to get up and move around some because of the added travel.

Ah, 4 days off for me and a busier week next week. I got through the mountain of emails from my hiatus. :yay:

Have a nice restful weekend road warrior!

[Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed
 
That is great that you were able to use the cane and the energy drain was not as bad, jealous of your 4 day work. I did not have to do a backlog of email as I kept up with them while I was out. Going to see Les Miserables today, so hope I don't get stuck in the chair!:yikes:
 
So I drove to the store this morning (first solo drive - yes! Hubby has lifted the driving restriction!!) to pick the last couple things for the chocolate cheesecake. It's now in the resting phase in the oven and the raspberry sauce is ready. Not sure it it will make an overnighter in the fridge. Hubby and I might need to sample some tonight. I'll take pictures! Mmmmmm. Sorry, no smell-o-phone available...
 
The drive was good. It's only a little more than 1/2 mle away. Just enough to get out onto city streets and the stop lights. Just a quick in and out. Glad the normal drive to work is relatively short (12 min in morning and 20 min at night).

Careful if your hubby really likes chocolate like mine does. The cc is so good. Since it's just the two of us we've taken to cutting and wrapping slices and putting it in the freezer. That way we don't feel obligated to eating it all 'before it goes bad'. Easy to pull a piece out and let it thaw 30-40 min.
 
Well I was right... hubby couldn't wait overnight to dig into the cheesecake and being the good wife I am I couldn't bear to let him eat alone! :rotfl:

Today, I've been watching the cooking channel while DH is watching lots of football. I decided to use my recovery gift cards and I ordered 3 new cookbooks.I've got to make sure I don't collect too many more cookbooks; my parents had 3 or 4 huge bookcases of them over the years. Ah, I'll just try not to let it get out of hand and try and limit it to 2!
[Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed
 
Dede, thank you for your support and as I am at work, I am thinking of you home and eating cheesecake,:headbang: without me, Well I lovwe you anyway. Happy New Year
 
OMG Dede, that cheesecake looks fabulous! Congrats on a successful return to work. In another week or so it will feel like you never left. Glad to see that you brought your cane to work and it helped you out.

Please feel free to share any fantabulous recipes you find in your new books. We won't mind a bit!

Happy New Year!
Tammy
 
Good gosh, dede62 just looking at the picture of that cheesecake probably put 5 lbs on me---good thing I have some chocolate HD in the freezer:SUNsmile:
 
Not to worry girls, I'll bring some cheesecake to the party tonight! Oh, you guys can have some too! Don't want to leave anyone out!!

I want to thank all of my warrior friends for keeping me somewhat sane and in stitches throughout my early recovery. I could have internalized everything, but there's NO WAY I would have recovered as well had it not been for all of you and the BoneSmarties and Angels. I truly feel that I've made a bucketload of friends that I'd love nothing more to keep in touch with til I'm Really old with my forever bionic hip!

:thankyou:
 
Well thought I'd post an update. I just finished my 2nd partial week at work. Wednesday during the day was good and I made a quick stop for a few things on the way home. I got kinda achy as the night wore on. Thursday was a good day but then when I woke up Friday my lower back on the operated side was giving me fits. All day it was bothersome and like a dumb-dumb I forgot I had an icepack in the freezer at work and didn't use it. Even though physically fatigued at least I didn't get the brain drain (except for the lapse in remembering the icepack).

Yesterday was our anniversary (27 official yrs). Hubby sent me flowers at work and we had already decided to order in dinner from a favorite Italian restaurant. I had the lo-carb chicken eggplant parmesan and hubby had fetuccini fromaggio (the boat of cheese). We also had some choc cheesecake for dessert.

So things are feeling better today but I started taking the tylenol/robaxin combo twice a day again starting last night. I'm still using the cane at work and not using it at home. It really is helping so I'll play it by ear as to how long I keep up with that and the cane. Walking feels so much better in my hip. I'm really happy with how it has turned out. I am a bit bummed out about my lower back on that side acting up again. Hopefully I won't have to get another injection in my iliolumbar ligament. Both my OS and Pain doc both said that it was a possibility I could continue to have issues with that spot and that at least we can treat it with the injections when it gets too troublesome.

I hit 8 weeks on Monday! I have a client consult I have to travel a little over an hour to get to on Tuesday. I'll take my ice with me and I'll have one waiting for me when I get back to work in the afternoon.

So it's been a much better start to the year than the last few have been and hope the trend keeps going in the right direction! :thumb:
 
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I went to get my icepack at work and realized it wasn't there! I had forgotten that I had brought it home to have an extra over vacation. ::sigh:: Congratulations on your anniversary! Sounds like a nice way to celebrate.

Good luck on the excursion to the consult next week. I hope you won't get stuck in traffic!

Here's to a great 2013!
 
Thanks Nerdgrrl. Luckily the consult is up north in Bellingham. Usually not much traffic going that way and I'll be coming back early enough in the afternoon to miss most of the pm mess!
 
Happy anniversary! That's great....it sounds like you married a winner (as did he). I love to order in...less work, less mess.

Don't worry about using the cane at work....what is his name? You are still making progress. I am using the cane with every step.

Will you be required to stand a lot during your consult on Tuesday? I hope you can ask them to provide you with a place to sit once in a while.
 
What do you call your cane? ("darn thing" doesn't count.)

My sympathies with the back pain. I went for a short hike yesterday; hip felt just normal, back was achy and so was knee. I haven't used a cane for a couple of months, but I think Bartram, my trekking pole, may be a permanent fixture on my woods walks. I may order a much lighter weight pair like Poppet uses for her NW.

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and your chocolate cheesecake. I had to go to Publix and buy a piece of chocolate cheesecake the other day, just because of you. It was good, too, but not as good as your homemade, I'm sure.
 
Thanks sissy46 and Damn!. Yeah he's a keeper - definitely secured his place during my recovery!

Not sure what to call the cane... I'm thinking Crixus. He won't take any ****, kick all butt in sight, and protect me and let me lean on him if I need to, but only when hubby isn't around to take care of things for me. Any other Sparticus fans out there? January 25th...

My back's feeling better this morning. Hopefully just a little blip in the scheme of things. For the consult Tuesday, I'm hoping to be able to sit near everyone as we do what we need to do. I'll have a couple district people there to help (one who came from one of our other districts and knows that piece of the software pretty well). I'm heading up there again towards the end of the month for a larger training and am working out the details of shipping the materials up ahead of time rather than take them up with me.

Sissy, sorry I Made You go out and get cheesecake....but what are friends for? Apparently you needed some comfort food. :snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom