Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debby's new knee

We did attach a flat bottom basket to my dad's walker when he had his THR. He could put a small plate and cover drink in it, as well as newspapers. At two weeks I was using a cane and would make 2 trips to my nest when carrying meals/drink.
 
@KarriB That is what I am doing, carrying one thing at a time. I'm trying to think of it as good therapy :) I think that getting as much set up before your husband leaves for work is the best solution, DebbyS. If you have a small cooler with drinks and maybe your lunch next to you and a cross-body bag to put anything you need to carry, it would help.
 
We have a couple soft sided coolers. The only possible problem is we have a very curious ( and always hungry!) dog. It's a good idea - as I am writing this I realize I can pack ahead and pull it out and place in the basket I plan to get for my walker. Extra exercise.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I would keep those coolers closed. You don't want to wake from a nap to find that your dog has been "snacking".
 
I think that I may prep lunches and keep them in the refrigerator. The kitchen is only a few steps from my nesting area.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I usually heated up a slice of pizza, put soup in the microwave or made a half sandwich from dinner the night before. I had a harder time getting my ice machine to my chair than a meal, but a sandwich would be easy to make a ahead. Be sure you have water, meds and a snack to eat with meds handy.
 
Hi Sandi! Thank You for asking. Hubby is actually going back to work next week. Reality check. I have been making my own coffee for the last few mornings and carrying it to my nesting area. One of few times I am happy to have a small kitchen! Lunches can be easy sandwichs, wraps, leftovers when I am able to reach the microwave. We will see how I am the end the end of the week.
My husband can set up my ice machine before leaving for work and then I can use ice packs.My biggest challenge as I see it will be stacking pillows on my recliner to elevate correctly. Hopefully I can rectify this toward the end of the week.




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Some people have put them together with safety pins to keep them from sliding apart. Maybe this will help you, too.
 
@ sistersinhim, Great idea


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're welcome, Deb. I struggled with pillows sliding around (particularly in bed) with my RTKR. I may purchase the wedge when I have my left done.
 
I bought two wedges. One for my recliner and one for my bed. I knew I wouldn't be able to switch them out when I was moving from place to place and I already had one where I needed it. I used them for at least 3 months. They felt so good and have just the right bend in it!
 
Not too bad. Very minimal pain. Have decided to cut back ( gradually) on meds. Will be a long process.
Hubby is still at home but has to help my in laws out. He will be gone @ 4 hrs- a good "test" for when he goes back to work.
Thanks for asking


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's all sounds really positive!! I went down a dose in my slow release tablets that I have twice a day but I still need the endone 6-8hrly.

Yes it will be a great test.

I'll have to say I've struggled without hubby here, but I think that's because I'm not well. I'm eating lots of fruit as it's easy to grab/carry and with not much of an appetite is the right amount.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad to hear you are doing better Debby. I have cut down on my meds as well, it's encouraging to know that the pain is lessening, isn't it? My son in law is going back to work on Monday, so I will be alone all day for the first time. I have been trying to do more for myself each day so I am more prepared.
 
I think I have the basics covered but I am sure I will find some things I did not think of. When I was in the hospital, one of the meds suppressed my appetite but fresh fruit appealed to me. They offered fresh


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom