Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debby's new knee

It is definitely the little things in this journey that mean so much! All those little baby steps lead to adult steps! Before long, your knee is almost perfect! And if not perfect, tons better than what it was! And then you'll be saying how much worth it this surgery was!
 
I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. One of my favorite things is bending and picking up something - talk about little things! Let us know what your OS says, okay?
 
I saw my OS this afternoon for my 6 wk checkup. I was concerned going in as my knee was a little stiff and sore. Visit went great. ROM is 110 up 15 pre op , extension is -5. He has given me the ok to drive and has released me from PT. Yay!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great news, Debby. :happydance::yay::flwrysmile:
Your ROM is excellent for only 6 weeks.
 
Yay! You're free to drive! That's such a big step to take in this recovery and you don't feel so much like you're 'sick'! Your ROM is another thing to celebrate! You are doing so well!
 
Thanks all! I am so excited. I feel like I can start getting my life back together ( slowly).
I want to visit my Mom and my sister. They live in Virginia, a 7 hr drive from here. We hope to plan a trip the end of the month.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Be sure to leave time in your drive to get out and walk. You'll just be 2 months so don't be afraid to ride in the back seat I feel you need to prop your leg up.
 
Great idea! I think I will need to supervise the packing lol.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
:driver:BEEP BEEP! Congratulations on being able to drive! Continue to take it a bit easy for a while and don't forget to ice and elevate. You're doing great!
 
How's the driving been going?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Zakie, Driving has been going well so far. I have only been out twice. No problem with braking , stopping short etc. Fortunately we live in an area where most of what I need is a short drive away.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Short drives at less than two months is perfect! There's nothing like having that freedom again!
 
@sandi4213, So far my week is going very well. I have have been off pain meds for about a week and a half. So far, so good.
I was finally able to drive to get my hair cut and colored. It was beyond overdue. My hairdresser met me when I checked and had a footstool and pillow for me to elevate my knee. Bless her.
We are going to visit my mother and sister Memorial Day weekend. They live in Williamsburg, Va. It usually takes us @ 7 hrs to get there by car. I have mentioned to my husband that we may be stoping 1-2 extra times. We are taking a cooler so I can freeze and pack some ice packs. They will last a little while. We are really looking forward to getting away.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's fantastic that you got to get your hair done, a little pampering goes a long way! If you prepare ahead of time and take your time on the trip, you will hopefully be okay and enjoy yourself. I haven't gone that far yet, but I am planning a driving trip with my family that will be a total of between 2500 and 3000 miles in the car. I have warned them that we will be stopping a lot.
 
@ sandi4213, that is a long car trip.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom