TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great info, Lisa. I had never heard of this product before. My mother always swore by saline solutions for lots of things---apparently really knew what she was talking about. I have post nasal drip 24/365--this may be just the answer I need to control some of that. Tried steroid nasal sprays---too expensive and only did a so-so job. And constant steroid use worried me, so I just stopped and have put up with this without drugs. Thanks for this post!
bottomshollow Judy. I get a lot of post nasal drip to and it helps alot with that. It does take a few tries to get used to it, and you have to make sure you use enough salt so that it does not burn. If it is not salty enough, then it does not match the PH of your body, and it will hurt inside the sinus cavity, but once you use it a few times I hope you will like it. Some days the water runs right through both nostrils, some days one is more clogged than another, some days both are a little clogged. I particularly like using it now when the house tends to be drier. I used those steroid nasal sprays a couple of times, but, like you, did not want to do the long term steroid use and I seem to remember reading that there was some side effect that I did not like, but can no longer remember what it was!
 
Well, I did the Vicks on the bottom of my feet, make sure you rub it in good. Tried to get Dave to rub it in and he wouldn't, and then put socks on. Also I put a dab of it in each nostril and I slept all night. No coughing, or blowing my nose. I slept all night. Oh, mine wasn't Vicks either, Dave got some at the Family Dollar store, an off brand, he said they didn't have Vicks. Feeling better this morning. Still having to blow my nose this morning, but don't have fever that I can tell. Didn't bring a thermometer along.
 
I'm glad to hear that you had a good nights sleep! I had heard about Vicks on the feet for a cold, but I've never tried it! I'm glad it seemed to help, I'll have to keep it in mind! Norm wouldn't have rub it on my feet either! :scratch:
 
Hi Jacky, doing better, a little snotty yet, both nose and attitude :heehee:. I just came back from my granny grinders and I did 4 miles this morning. No outside walking today because it is actually raining here today. Thanks for asking. How is Norm feeling? When is his MRI?
 
You gave me quite a chuckle there Ms. snotty!:loll: Wow 4 mile with the granny grinders, even when you're not feeling up to par! Whew...

Oh man, Norm is not a happy camper at the moment!:sad: The pain continue to radiate from his lower back and down both legs, I feel so bad for him! He does sleep a lot with those muscle relaxers, but it certainly doesn't cut the pain for the poor guy! His MRI is on Wed. at 9 am. I hope they can help him quickly, because he says, this is getting old! Plus he's really missing his:whistle: ! Thanks for asking!

Rainy days equals a good book and staying warm!
 
Guess my knee is a little angry with me. Not sure if the cold set it off or what, but it is hurting. I had taken a few days off from walking when I was sick and maybe I jumped back in too quickly yesterday by walking 5 plus miles. So will go a little slower today. Still stuffy and glands in my neck hurt, so maybe the knee is just hurting so I don't overdo too much.
 
Sorry to hear that, Debbie. I honestly believe that when we are suffering in some form, our knees suffer too. Guess it doesn't want to feel left out and likes to remind us :heehee:

Seriously though, hope you and knee feel loads better soon :flwrysmile:
 
Sorry to hear that your knee decided that it needed attention! 5+ miles:what: , 4 wasn't enough for a day that you were not feeling well? Geesh Louise, take it easy energizer bunny girl! Give your body time to mend kiddo! Okay, did I sound enough like a mother now?!
 
Yes mother Jacky. I know, but hard to stay in when it got nice out after the rain yesterday morning. Today sun is shining, but there is a cold wind, so only went out to stretch my legs a little so far. Need to start reading another book I guess. Thanks for chewing me out, I probably need it sometimes.
 
Happy Valentines Day my Bonesmart friends. Started out with some "Hot Tongue and Cold Shoulder" for dear old Dave though. Really ticked me off. He had a meeting last night and got home late and he has trouble falling asleep after being out. So he normally takes Lorazapam, one mg before bed, but last night he took two mg. Well, it sure made him sleep well, but his snoring woke me up at least 20 times. No matter what I did to him he would stop for a second or two and then right back to snoring. Yes I can forgive him, but man, this isn't the first time he has done that and I have told him to never do that again. Next time he has a night meeting, all his Lorazapam is being hidden. Jacky. I know you will be disappointed in me for being upset with him, but a tired Debbie is a crabby Debbie:tantrum:
 
Wow, "Hot Tongue and Cold Shoulder" I love it!:rotfl: Okay, I know, Not Funny! He was a baaaaad boy and you suffered, he deserves a very big spanking!!!!:heehee: Now, why my dear friend, do you think I would be disappointed in you for being upset with him, he crossed the line, even though you have told him before not to do that! It's not like he didn't ask for it! I'd say that Dave is pretty lucky he only got the "Hot Tongue and Cold Shoulder" for making Debbie tired and crabby! When Norm puts me in that mood, he'd better run for the hill, because I have an iron skillet in my hand, and somebody is a gonna getta hurt real bad!

Bad timing, however, Happy Valentines Day to you kiddo! Try and enjoy the rest of your day!
 
Hi Debbie!

I am just catching up on your thread! Whew! :bow: You have been one busy little beaver! :rotfl:

Happy Valentines Day, and make up with Hubby. No use in being crabby. :happydance:
 
Debbie, I am just catching up on your thread. Glad to hear you are over your cold, although I think you gave at least some of it to me. Sounds like you have hit the ground running again with your exercise, so I hope your knee soreness is temporary. I hope you and Dave make up soon! :friends:
 
Thanks Lisa, not completely over the cold yet as I am producing copious amounts of snot yet. Not sure, but dave might be getting it not too. will see, it is kind of slow to start. Off to work out with the granny grinders. have a good day.
 
Debbie, well take it easy with the granny grinders (what an awful name, sounds like a sandwich with grannies on it!). Keep up with your Vicks and hot tea and lemon. Have a good weekend.
 
Debbie,

I hope you get to feeling better! You know I was just giving you a hard time about being crabby! Heaven knows, I'm the Queen of crabbiness! :whistle:

Oh, and by the way, I had an intense exercise session with Fiesty Felice yesterday! She is pushing me a little more everyday! We are making great strides! When I told her I was going to wrap up the Pug t-shirt in lingerie, she said, well you will be energized for tonight. By the time we got to bed, I was still energized, the problem was, my hubby wasn't. I told him ok, it is a never ending offer though! :blush:

:happydance:

I am so glad that you and Jacky48, have gotten me out of some of my shyness! :blush:
 
Sonja, wow, coming out of your shell huh...:egypdance: I would like to know who says that husbands are "always" in the mood... well, maybe Jacky can vouch for that with Norm, but I don't think that is "normal" especially as our husbands age. From personal experience (now that is funny when I say that) seems like men decrease their "readiness" one time a week for each decade together. They like to talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.:heehee:
 
Whoa, wait, what did I just step into here!:skep: Norm's always in the mood when he's in the mood, however not always in the mood when I'm in the mood, how's that for confusion! We don't leave things to chance anymore, if one or the other thinks they are in the mood, we ask "Do you think you'll be in the mood later?", this way there are no surprises or disappointments! That being said, I don't think there will be a "mood" in my house for a while!
Se la vie!:shrug: If " men decrease their "readiness" one time a week for each decade together.", is true then that would mean that we, being together 40+ years and there are 7 days in a week, that would leave us 3 times a week at this stage in our marriage, dang that's good!:heehee:
 
Well, as I listened to the two of you talk with my "Virgin" ears, it helped me think of thing like wrapping his present in lingerie! I NEVER would have thought of that on my own! :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom