TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie_joints

post-grad
Country
United States United States
Well, guess it is my turn to start this thread. Hospital called and I am very first one on the list for tomorrow (8/16/12). I don't know if that is good or not, not just because I am first on the list, but because I know my OS will be back from his vacation and I am wondering how he will be. You know, when you go back to work after vacation, you still have vacation brain. Hope he will have his head in the game. I know I will be able to joke with him about it. I am getting a Signature Personalized replacement by Biomet. MRI was taken and sent to Belgium and I guess they send back a template for where to cut or something like that. I am sure I missed something when it was explained to me. All I know it is suppose to be a better custom fit.

I still haven't packed yet. They have group therapy at our hospital where a half dozen people that have just had replacements get together and work out so need to not look too much like a slob. I think I am ready, I have done the pre surgery exercises and plus I have been doing my walking DVD since Jan and worked up to 5 miles a day and that took me 1 hour and 10 minutes a day 5 days a week. I know many are probably wondering how I can exercise if I need a knee replacement. Well, I put a big elastic sleeve with something that cups the kneecap. It seemed to keep everything in place. So I better get off the computer and get the rest of my office work done. I work from home. We have a dairy farm about 3 miles from our home in the country and I take care of all the books. I did everything I could up ahead of time. Banking online works great as I could get all the bills paid but with a date when I am in the hospital. Hoping the milk check will clear by then. So I won't be able to take weeks and weeks off, but I can work at my own pace too. See you all on the other side.

Hey!!! Congratulations on getting your ticket punched to the "other side!" I think that it is great that you are primo #1 on the list tomorrow---"GET-R-DONE!""---you do not have to wait and wait and wait---just get to the hospital and then get the surgery done and begin the reclamation of your life!

I am sure that your OS will have his head in the game---he will be looking forward to strutting his stuff and helping you to get on with your life!

Please post back from the "other side" when you are able and tell us how you are doing and how things went!

Debbie,
Good luck for tomorrow, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Please let us hear from you when you are up to it. Take care.

luck.jpeg
Know everything will be fine---looking forward to your first post from the "other side".

Best of luck tomorrow, you will be a superstar and by tomorrow night be ready to get up on that new hardware. Don't push yourself too hard though, let your body make the decisions and LISTEN to it.

Hi Debbie,

Good luck and all best wishes for your big day tomorrow. I was the first one in on Tuesday and I was very happy for that! Everyone will be fresh and on top of their game, including your OS.

I look forward to your updates!

Dawn

Hi Debbie,
Best of luck. I'll be thinking of you. You'll do great!

Well, storms rolling through woke me up at 3:30AM so decided to get up before 4 and get my shower taken just in case the power goes out. We are in the country and if the power goes out I lose my water too. So I am ready to head out in less then a half hour. I am happy with the rain as that is one less thing to worry about while I am in the hospital, I won't have to have someone water my vegetable garden. Most of the stuff is picked or done for so that is good, but there is still tomatoes, pumpkins, lettuce, potatoes and a few cucumbers out there. Guess I won't be going out there for a couple weeks at least, well, maybe to peak at it. Bionic woman part two here I come.

Sending hugs and prayers! Can't wait to red your first post on the other side. BEST!

Doing well, sitting up, doc said it was bad. Feels good now, but I know it will get worse.

Great Debbie!:friends: Nice to see you on the other side! Recovery here you come!:thumb: It'll be challenging at first and you will ride the roller coaster of recovery, however it too shall pass!
Stay well and stay positive! I look forward to reading your recovery story!:friends:

Congratulations on your new knee and on my 43rd anniversary to boot. Take it easy.

Sherry
Ltkr6/27/12

ccat -cheer with mouse.gif
Yeah! surgery over--now you're on the "other side". Feeling good with drugs. Take it easy and try to rest---hard to do in a hospital. Keep us posted when you feel up to it---we're nosey and we care.
ccat-heart kisses.gif

CONGRATULATIONS, Debbie! Look at you! Sitting up, posting right after surgery. I'm so proud of you. If there is one thing that I can promise you, is that it gets better. I feel like a new person today. On tough days, give me a shout. I'll let you know that it gets better. Now you take care, my friend. We are all so happy for you!

Debbie,
Glad it's over and you are feeling well enough to let us know already. Get some rest while you can and keep us posted how things are coming along.

Congratulations. I was first surgery of the day too and all the staff told me that was good.

I did the group therapy thing. I think it really helps. But they told us to bring old t-shirts to wear, made it sound like we were all going to be drooling into our lunch trays ;-).

Day one is awesome if you had the nerve block but don't be afraid of day two. I slept more but the pain was very manageable. It's been two weeks and two days for me. Staples came out yesterday and I am astonished at the progress I see almost every day. If you were doing those pre-op exercises, that will help you.

Yay for automated bill pay and sprinklers on timers! Two less things I had to worry about.

Look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Congrats Debbie!! Glad you were able to post, even if it was a short one!

Slow and easy, just know there will be ups and downs. I feel so much better today than I did yesterday, it's amazing. Hoping I can go home tomorrow!

Be Well,

Dawn

Congrats and welcome to the Recovery side!:cheers2:

Got through my first in hospital physical therapy. I can tell they will be working hard, but I asked him about pushing down on the knee and he said he doesn't do that. Just lots of stretching so far. Boy, I am falling asleep in my recliner here at the hospital and I am spelling too many words wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jojojo1
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom