Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, guys, I am here, but it seems like my thread gets buried so quickly that I don't even bother looking in here, but I am in the social room kicking up my heels in the exercise thread. I feel like I can't keep up with all the threads in here anymore and I was hoping that most of my buddies in here would be feeling good to exercise and report in there. You guys mean so much to me and helped me get through my knee replacement.

Jacky48, your trip is coming up soon right? Hope you are Norm are doing well and ready for it. Happy 11 month anniversary yesterday too. Big Hugs to you all.
 
I'm glad it's not just me then - I don't mean I'm glad you suffered too, you know what I mean :heehee:

Not long to go until your LTKR, Marianne. We'll be here routing for you :thumb:

Yes, the elusive Debbie has been caught :heehee:
 
Thought I would check in here even though I would bet that most of you don't know me. Today is my one year anniversary of my knee replacement. All the people posting back then helped me through a little rough time, but I am here to tell you that it does work. Be patient and do the work and it should all work out. I love that my knee is straight now and I can run up and down the steps. I don't have hardly any stiffness. It maybe doesn't bend quite as much as my other knee, but it doesn't stop me from doing anything. When we wintered in AZ this year I was walking up to ten miles a day. My husband was worried I would wear out my new knee and hip. All is well in the world. Good luck to all of you that are in recovery process.
 
Hi Debbie,
I'm at the six month mark. Do you remember when the stiffness started to fade?

Congrats on your 1 year knee birthday! :flwrysmile:

Vickie
 
Good to hear from you Debbie. Hope you and all your lovely family are well. Good to hear a positive one year report but then you were always positive through your recovery and I think that helps a lot. Heres to another good twelve months.
 
Great report! Thanks for letting us know how you're doing
 
Hey, yay! Great report. Patience plus time plus exercise plus a great attitude equal success.
 
Thought I would check in here even though I would bet that most of you don't know me. Today is my one year anniversary of my knee replacement. All the people posting back then helped me through a little rough time, but I am here to tell you that it does work. Be patient and do the work and it should all work out. I love that my knee is straight now and I can run up and down the steps. I don't have hardly any stiffness. It maybe doesn't bend quite as much as my other knee, but it doesn't stop me from doing anything. When we wintered in AZ this year I was walking up to ten miles a day. My husband was worried I would wear out my new knee and hip. All is well in the world. Good luck to all of you that are in recovery process.
That is great to hear! Thank you for coming back and posting---it is so vitally important for other going through issues to read of what awaits them! I certainly appreciate you coming back and giving those folks with issues or who are struggling some light!

Again---thank you very much and congratulations on your successes!
 
I'm at the six month mark. Do you remember when the stiffness started to fade?
I had stiffness through the fifth and some into the sixth month---ant 6 months, I was at about 80%---it was not until about 8 months that I would say that I was around 905---and for some, it can take upwards to a year to return to normal---patience and time is the key!
 
What a great report and so inspiring for everyone. I am delighted you have had such a successful recovery. I am at 9 1/2 and 8 months, respectively. I'm not running on the stairs yet (tho moving much more quickly!), but have better rom than pre-replacement! Every recovery is individual, but yours is awesome!
 
Hey happy anniversary Debbie! Glad to hear you are doing well. And Poof, I am two weeks from my one year anniversary and I still have lots of stiffness. I think I am one of those who may have it longer. Its the one thing that always reminds me I had a tkr. But it doesn't hurt at all, just stiff. Hugs!
 
Happy one year anniversary Deb! So glad to hear that you are doing well! It's great to have your life back isn't it! Running up and down the stairs! :yikes: I haven't done that since I was in my 30's I don't suppose it'll happen anytime soon for me kiddo!
Well I know you're putting that new hip and knee to good use my friend so enjoy! :thumb:
 
Thanks Debbie for taking the time to come back and giving us who are either waiting for a tkr. Or those who are in middle of recovery, a report so gives up hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I hope someday I can come back and give a similar report.
Take care, and continue to improve.....Sheryl....:)
 
Hi Debbie,
I'm at the six month mark. Do you remember when the stiffness started to fade?

Congrats on your 1 year knee birthday! :flwrysmile:

Vickie


Vickie, hard to say exactly when the stiffness stopped for me. Everyone is different, but for me maybe around the 6 month mark. But for people with arthritis, when one joint feels better another one seems to want sympathy. Always something. Good luck to you and stay positive.
 
Hi Debbie,

Now who can forget you! You made us all blush and kept us laughing! Congrats on your one year and so happy you are doing well! You don't have to be a stranger, many are still here lurking around, helping he crowd!

Be well,

Dawn
 
CONGRATS DEBBIE... I just celebrated a year July 25 th... Yeah we did it..it eas kinda , no it WAS rough for months but we did make it. This meeting place of all these wonderful people helped me more than any doctor could. I took their advice, cried alot maye even said some words I shoulnt have, prayed a lot but thats part of it. Had year check up last week and I am done with the doc unless I need him..
So proud of you and for all the folks just coming over to this side, HANG IN THERE.... YOU WILL MAKE IT TOO... Love love, not having that pre op pain..... Love my new knee... Oh BTW... My doc took me off therapy early on and my leg is straight and can bend it almost as far as the other one....you dont have to suffer to heal... Just take your meds move that knee but do not push past the pain as they tell you... It dont have to hurt to heal......
Love all of you and happy for you Debbie....sorry about going on and on........
 
Congrats Debbie on your one year anniversary! So glad you are doing so welll.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom