Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older couple, is that the older gent that got the flu and then got pneumonia in one lung? If so, how is he doing?
 
Jacky, yes that is Frank, and this was his first time back out in the desert since he was sick. I worried so much about him as he has a pacemaker and his ticker isn't the best. But so many of us helped nurse both Frank and his wife Delores with our chicken soup and other things. It was good to see them back out there riding today. Dave and I agree that we look up to them and hope we will still be riding in our 80's too.
 
Awesome Deb! It seems you have a very caring community there and everyone is ready to chip in when someone is not feeling well! When Norm and I see older couples that have withstood the test of time, we also want to be that couple! Something to strive for!
 
Ugh, thought I would avoid the crud out here in AZ, but last night the nose started running and the throat had lots of stuff going down. Have a headache, no fever though, so I think it is just a cold and not the flu that everyone had out here. No fever, just really stuffed up. I was suppose to go on a long trail ride today, but will be staying back, don't want to feel miserable on the trail when it would take a long time to get home. Weird, woke up this morning and my hip and knee feel fine, but my thumb joints that I have arthritis in are all swollen and shiny. Hurt too.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
Take it easy today and medicate for a cold. Sure hope you're feeling better soon.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Oh, oh Deb, not a good sign! :sigh: sorry to hear you caught the AZ crud! :console2: I hope it leaves you as quickly as it came!
I'm glad to hear your hip and knee feels good, but not so good news for your thumb! :sad: That's the thumb you just got shots in isn't it? Did you remember to bring your brace?

Feel better soon my friend! :console2: Get lots of rest! :sleep:
 
Jacky, I hope it leaves too and it just a cold. As long as I don't get the fever I think I will be ok. I have Zicam and saline nasal spray so hoping that will help. I did bring my thumb braces along and yes it is the thumb I had the last injection in, but both hurt, just that one is swollen and shiny. But anyone with hand arthritis that is pretty common. Just hated to not be able to go along on the big ride today. I might go out for a slow walk around the park just to get out at least.
 
I do have that dang arthritis in both my hands as well, as a matter of fact just before I got back online I was writting our valentine cards to send out to the grandkids and my thumb was hurting so badly that I had to hold my pen between my index and middle fingers in order to write!:gaah: Sometimes ya just want to cut the darn things off! I do feel your pain my dear!
I think a nice slow walk would pick up your mood a bit too!:console2:
 
I would willingly cut mine off but i cannot find a bike that has foot braking.I love biking so have plenty of padding on bars and grin and bear it ,I have arthritis and carpul tunnel some days colder it is thumbs do nothing.
 
Anyone ever been talked to about thumb joint replacement? It has been mentioned to me, but I haven't heard of anyone that has had it, or did someone in here have it? Can't remember.
 
Got a volunteer here or better still can i transfer to warmer climate it is freezing here in uk good job pc next to radiator.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954 I believe, Debbie, that Josephine has addressed it with someone--don't remember who. And if I remember correctly she indicated that it may take care of the pain but one is left with reduced functionality. Doesn't sound all that great, does it?
 
I already have reduced functionality so will leave alone.Or sell up and move warmer climes with prices round here might be able to buy a tent down south.
 
I haven't addressed the thumb joint replacement, but I have discussed with my last OS and the owner of the PT place I went to, about the replacement of my first joints in my index and middle fingers in both hands cause they're quite deformed, and the OS said, you won't be able to bend them and the PT guy said, he's had a few client that had the fingers done and that it didn't work well!:shrug: Keep asking around, you're bound to find someone that ahs had it done. Good luck!
 
That is just it, mine aren't sore 24/7, just go through phases where they hurt more. Injections seem to help for awhile, but lately, the relief is getting shorter and shorter, so wonder if it is worth it at all. Oh, and Richard, I am wintering in a warm climate and yes it seems to help my knees and hips, it isn't doing much for my hands and shoulder.
 
Very lucky you about warmer climate our plans for holiday have had to be put on hold for a while.Yes injection do not last as long not having anymore wearing thermal gloves helps so would have thought being warm all time would help and i love sun when we get it ,are you willing to try a swap have a nice new roof on house and will leave heating on.
 
My mom lived in Florida and the arthritis that she shared with me still bothered the heck out of her! Her back, her hips, her hands and her neck, etc.. So I guess no matter where you live this dang arthritis is hitch'n a ride I'm afraid!:groan: My thumbs don't hurt 24/7 either, it's just when it hursts it feels like forever!
 
We have been to florida twice and i felt better perhaps we get used to our climate let us all swap.I baggy texas .
 
:rofsign:Richard, so you get TX huh, you can go live with Sonja, she lives in TX. I am in the deserts of Arizona, not as warm as TX, but today is warm and sunny and 75 degrees. I did lay out by the pool for an hour and a half to try and bake out the cold I picked up. I did go and dig out my thumb braces I brought along and I do have some compression gloves I can wear too. But these dang things you seem to be taking them off to wash you hands ever other minute.
 
Stop making me jelous i am going to baths tommorow but can gaurante will not be outside -3 at moment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom