Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever have difficulty finding a place to park when you're on the road? How do you find a place to park when you show up someplace new?
 
Janet, the power of the internet. We pick out a town and then I just google it and ask for RV parks. If we are driving on the interstate, we have a book called The Next Exit, and it tells you what is all available at every exit, food, gas, lodging and shopping centers. Really handy to have.
 
I guess there are more around than I ever noticed! The internet on the road is so helpful! I don't keep 3G on my iPad, but when we're traveling, I'll buy 30 days worth, even though hubby has his iPhone always connected.
 
with a rig that size i suppose you need a big park,in summer we go to meets with caravan and they are just farmers fields cold water tap and elsan point thats all we need solar panel for power and gas for cooking,can you not just stop anywhere in us there seems plenty of empty space and open roads.
 
Debbie, sounds like your trip has gone well so far. You even got in some exercise! How long do you guys actually drive each day? Must be tiring driving a big rig like that.
 
Lisa, today is a longer day to help make up for having to stop early because of the wind. But we like to leave between 7 and 8 and drive until around 5. We usually stop a couple times in the day for potty breaks and get something to eat that I have had prepared and vacuumed sealed and frozen. Really helps save money when we don't eat out so much. We will go out to eat once we are at our RV park with our friends, but on the road we don't. Dave can easily drive over 500 miles in a day. He use to drive 700, but doesn't do that, makes for way too long of a day. We will be stopping for the day shortly so we can watch the Packers play tonight. Nice to have the internet working so I can check the places out ahead of time.
 
You guys are so prepared! But that is great as it is expensive to eat out. So nice that we have the technology to investigate places to stay on the fly and you can catch the game! Have a fun evening. I am going to go to bed early and read.
 
We have to make up for the expense of having to buy diesel fuel for the motor home. We only get about 7 mile per gallon. To fill up the rig is an easy $250.:yikes:
 
Wow! I had forgotten about that. I know when I was towing a horse trailer you could almost watch the gas gauge go down.
 
you want to try buying fuel in uk to fill my car in dollars is about 150 dollars and that is about half your amount of diesel but on bright side smaller country and i get about 50 miles to gallon with 2 liter car
 
Wow Deb, you guys are on the move! When do you expect to get to you destination? It doesn't sound like you ran into any snow on you trip, which is great! For a trip like that, how often did you have to fill up your rig?
 
Jacky, we could easily get to our park tomorrow, but we are stopping by one of Dave's relatives tomorrow first and staying overnight there first. He built a really nice house last year and it has it's own guest house, then he made this huge area that people with motor homes can park and hook up to water, electric and sewer. Price is right too, we just take him some of our WI cheese. Then we will leave Monday morning for out park that is about two hours away.

We usually have to fill up once a day. It sounds like it is alot of money to fill up, but if you drove it would still cost you money for gas, then for motel and food too. So yes it is more expensive, but it is ours and I don't have to sleep in some hotel that might have bed bugs....
 
Eweeeee! I hate the word bedbugs! Seriously, that's really not that expensive considering the amount of days! If you were to fly, it would be way more expensive, and if you were to drive for sure you would eat up that cost in hotels and restaurants, plus you have the comfort of your own place! All a win, win kiddo! It's nice that you're meeting up with Dave's family, makes the whole trip fun! I'm glad that you're so close to your destination! Oh and you can't beat WI cheese! :thumb:

Stay safe my friend! :friends:
 
Just catching up Debbie - Santa Rosa - are you heading towards LA? Coffee!? We'll geet Marianne up here too! But a lovely adventure all in all.
 
Debbie & Dave..... Welcome to my world of the road!! I average about 400 to 500 miles a day (law says I can ONLY drive 11 out of a 14 hours work dayand then must stop for 10)... and get about the same fuel mileage! with 200 gallon fuel tanks, I too have to fill up every couple of days. I have a book available at truck stops called "The Trucker's Friend" I have also seen versions called "The RVer's Friend" only cost about $15.00 but well worth it if you are on the road all the time. I generally stop at PILOTs or T/As. Tell you what...... I'll give you my frequent fueler number, you get the fuel, and I'll get the points and free showers :ok: Drive safe, and enjoy your trip.
 
gman, we usually stop at Pilots or Loves and we have rewards cards for them too. Dave laughs about getting enough points for a hot dog or something. Dave did pretty good driving this trip so far, he didn't get beeped at or flipped off. So that makes for a good trip.

Lynn, our RV park is in AZ, but we will be driving our car to CA to our son's place in Canyon Country. We will be busy though as we are having a baby shower for my DIL. Can't wait to see them and this is their first baby.
 
happy your not getting flipped happens over here when towing,just googled fuel average us price diesel $3.98 uk price in dollars $10.38 a gallon think i will emigrate.
 
First full day at the park, the sun is shinning, but it is so cold here yet. Glad I brought my winter coat along. Got up this morning and did a mile walk with my Leslie DVD. Then went our for a little walk outside with Dave but it was too windy. The park has a rec room with a bunch of ladies meet every day except Sunday to do the Leslie walking DVD's. So I went to that and did 3 more miles. So we will see how my knee reacts to that. The knee tolerated the trip really well. I am almost at 5 months. So all of you that are just starting your recovery, it will get better, I promise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom