Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tell Dave that if he gets exhausted keeping up with you that he can take a quiet vacation here with me. I have been practicing at being a nun for along time now! LOL!
 
Oh, it is more like me keeping up with him Lisa. Dave likes to be on the go. He is not one to sit around the house and relax. That is why it was so hard on him after his surgery. He goes over to the farm and works, or pretends to work. Then when we are in AZ, he likes to go on the 4 wheeler. Me, I can sit here and enjoy FB and this forum and put my feet up.
 
I would be too tame for him then. I am like you, put my feet up and get on the forum. I realized the other day that I have been spending so much time on this forum that I have not posted on FB in a few months. I get so much more support and feedback here that I like it so much better!
 
Lisa and Debbie...just finished reading your posts and was so tickled..you girls are a hoot !!!...or is that "whoot"..ol well, ya'll know what I mean...lol
 
Debbie,


Katie mentioned something about tying me down until my knee healed, but then I said, "well, I guess I will just have to move in with you so you can keep tabs on me!" She decided maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all! :happydance:
 
Ok...here I go...I was 4 months out the 23rd of Dec. I still have some knee pain and this cold weather doesn't help much.
Do you think I still need to be taking my oxycodon/acetaminophen? I am down to 1 every 12 hrs and if I try to go without one of those, I feel awful! I hurt all over, especially my hips and my knee. I still walk most of the time with a limp too. Ortho says to try cutting down to 1 a day and take motrin extended relief when I need it..Tried that and it didn't help.
Got any opinions on that? Hugs to all of you !! And a very Happy New Year !!!!
Marina blue Gilda, I was four months out shortly after you and I have not used the Oxycodone for over two months. I switched to Tramadol in October and pretty much stopped that in early November. I now take an Aleve and maybe Tylenol if I hurt. The limping can definitely be contributing to your aches and imbalances. I know this will sound wierd but work hard on making yourself not limp. The limping can become a habit and so you need to force yourself not to do it. One aid is to high step march in place , do it in the kitchen in front of the sink where you can grab for balance. Another is walk in pool to get your gait to correct. My PTs drilled the not limping into me and I am glad they did as it is easy to especially when the knee does not feel quite right or hurts. I still limp a little first fe steps from getting up as I can still be stiff but once I gat going I work hard on being even. The more correctly I walk the less I ache.
 
I would be too tame for him then. I am like you, put my feet up and get on the forum. I realized the other day that I have been spending so much time on this forum that I have not posted on FB in a few months. I get so much more support and feedback here that I like it so much better!

I don't know Lisa, now that you joined the "Hooker Club" with your fishnet stockings and all, Dave might have a hard time keeping up with you, after all you have been living the "nun's life" for quite some time now, ya never know what you'll unleash! :heehee:
 
Jacky, I am rolling on the floor laughing!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You know, I just figured out what ROTFL meant. Boy am I dense! WOW! I get the really stupid award today. But yes, Dave might have trouble keeping up with me now that I joined the "Hooker Club". You know the image I have in my mind? Does anyone read Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series? You know her friend who used to be a hooker and is now her "helper"? That is what comes to mind!
 
You know the image I have in my mind? Does anyone read Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series? You know her friend who used to be a hooker and is now her "helper"? That is what comes to mind!

I've wet my pants a number of times reading those Stephanie Plumb novels!
 
Never read a Stephanie Plumb novel, so is it a LOL wet your pants, or a raunchy horny wet your pants? :whistle: The "bad girl" in me wants to know.
 
LOL wet your pants. Though, she does have an unhealthy sexual attraction to another character in the books
 
Definitely not horny wet your pants. They are funny, the earlier ones more so. They parody New Jersey and New Jerseyites and she takes her characters to a real extreme. They are the supreme beach read, as you can read a book in less than a day. She does what I call cookie-cutter writing, books pretty much the same, just a different plot each time.
 
Grandma Mazur is hilarious and should have been played by Betty White in the movie
 
Jacky, glad I am not the only one! I suspect if one texts and Uses things like Twitter you know all of these terms but I do not tweet and rarely text.
 
Yup Lisa, I don't do either, except for very little texting with my daughter!

Oh, just to let you girls know I didn't miss the conversation about the "wet your pants, LOL or :whistle: ) :heehee:
 
Ah NOOOOOOOO! Only in commercials! Not goin' there, no way, no how!!! There are operations for that too, unless of course medical issues not connected to the easy fix! :shocked:
 
Now come on Debbie!!!! That is for people in their 90s. Maybe 80s, later 80s. Not me, no way, no how, no when!!!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom