TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Marianne, I forgot to say, my knee isn't swelling at all anymore, not even dancing did anything that I noticed. I am lucky there.
 
Debbie, now I am jealous. You are only 2 weeks ahead of me and you have no swelling??? I was sitting on the toilet yesterday and looked down at both knees and the tkr knee was swollen again:-(
 
Sorry Gail, not sure what I do that is different, just the way it is I guess. I just measured my knee. I had been out shopping and running errands and just got home and the knee replacement knee is a half inch bigger then the other.
 
Hello everyone! Haven't been here in awhile...getting over holidays..whew!..now ready to grab hold of the new year!
I've been trying to catch up with some of you. Gail, I'm so sorry about all that you've been going through. It's hard I know.

Debbie..sounds as if you're doing great! I am so glad!

Ok...here I go...I was 4 months out the 23rd of Dec. I still have some knee pain and this cold weather doesn't help much.
Do you think I still need to be taking my oxycodon/acetaminophen? I am down to 1 every 12 hrs and if I try to go without one of those, I feel awful! I hurt all over, especially my hips and my knee. I still walk most of the time with a limp too. Ortho says to try cutting down to 1 a day and take motrin extended relief when I need it..Tried that and it didn't help.
Got any opinions on that? Hugs to all of you !! And a very Happy New Year !!!!
 
Hi Gilda, even though my knee feels pretty good and I am doing all sorts of things again, I still need to take tylenol and tramadol. I was on it for years before the surgery, so just because I had surgery, doesn't mean my arthritis in other parts of my body goes away. So I will be on it for a long time I am afraid.
 
Debbie, was wondering if you went to a rhumatologist to discover your arthritis...I don't know if that's what's making me ache all over, or the way I'm carrying myself due to the knee. I'm going to have a bone density test this Friday. Then maybe go to a rhumatologist just to be sure about things. I'll swear, I'm not growing old gracefully like I thought I was going to...LOL
 
Gilda, I had a bone density a few years ago and that was really good. I first went to a rheumatologist about 7 or 8 years ago. Back then he said I would eventually need a knee replacement. I had complained to him about my hip but he only gave me a cortisone injection in that hip and it didn't do anything. I quit going to him and then I went to my regular doc, or actually a PA and she tried to set me up with my new rheumatologist. Took several months and I just love her. She has taken such an interest in me especially seeing I have the condrocalcinosis. If you have arthritis you should get a specialist for sure.
 
Hello, I always say if your body is telling you to take something then do it! I don't hurt anymore. I twisted my knee yesterday, even though Katie has me using crutches and a brace when I am out running around. It hurt for a couple of minutes, and then I was off and flying again! :happydance:

After that I went to PT for 2 hours,and then did Personal Training for 1 and 1/2 hours! I sweat so much,but I feel so great afterwards! I don't think the people at the grocery store appreciated me because I stopped on my way home to pick up my hubby's new prescriptions, and shop for groceries. I smelled a little ripe I'm sure! :heehee: :rotfl:
 
Debbie, was wondering if you went to a rhumatologist to discover your arthritis...I don't know if that's what's making me ache all over, or the way I'm carrying myself due to the knee. I'm going to have a bone density test this Friday. Then maybe go to a rhumatologist just to be sure about things. I'll swear, I'm not growing old gracefully like I thought I was going to...LOL

I know that carrying yourself differently can cause a lot of pain! Katie was watching me do squats yesterday, "when she exclaimed, i can tell you why you complain about your left knee in therapy!" She said you are squatting by putting all your weight on that leg! I shifted and oh my goodness could I tell a difference. Katie said it was a mind thing that I had to break through. She knows I can do it, and she is there to help me! :happydance:
 
I also find there are lots of old habits to break. For several years now, I stand with both knees slightly bent. It would hurt less and take the pressure off the knee. I am still doing that. I catch myself alot and straighten both legs as soon as I catch myself but it is a very hard habit to break. Since my non-TKR knee is not so great, she would prefer to be slightly bent as she is more comfortable that way, but standing with one leg straight and the other leg slightly bent does not work well either and sets up other issues. It is rather a conumdrum!
 
Well Lisa, if you are standing with one leg straight, and one slightly bent, you might as well put one hand on your hip and the other one with your elbow bent with your hand up in the air with a cigarette between your fingers and go stand on a street corner... :rotfl: Only kidding there, just a picture that came to mind.

Sonja, what are we going to do with you girl, twisting your knee again. You be careful now, or is that just wasted breath telling you that.
 
First a biker chick and now a hooker! I know I said I wanted to develop an adventurous spirit this year but you guys got me going way over the top! Now I need some fish net stockings, a push up bra, a leather mini skirt, big hair, lots of make up, and a really tight top. Oh well, I can use one of the tops from when I was thinner! Debbie, you give me the best laughs. Thanks a million, girl! :kittykiss: :kittykiss:
 
I think you know when you are really almost healed as the threads no longer dwell on the knee, but get into other fun areas of life!
 
oh Lisa, Dave was asking about you the other night when I commented about his oozing face spots again...:loll: But I guess I can't ignore him any more, they seem to be drying up now. (snicker)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom