Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonja, we are two hours west of Phoenix near the CA boarder. Not too much around there, a little town of Quartszite that has thousands of people during the winter, but hardly any there in the summer. We are about 15 miles from there in a little tiny town of Brenda, right off interstate 10. I hope Pat is ok, will keep him in my prayers.

Lisa, yes, I met my goal and then some. I was pretty happy with it. All finished with PT now, so will have to exercise on my own all the time now. Yes I will have internet access as long as I have a Verizon signal. Dave likes when I am on the computer as we go down the road, or I tend to get too scared while he is driving. He drives the big rig well, but still makes me nervous.
 
Hi Debbie
Just looked up Brenda, just 4 hours from me. My brother used to spend alot of time in Quartzsite! His chemistry high school class started going back in the 60's and he continued his love of the area until he moved out of state. Do you and Dave do any hiking in the the New Water Mountains? They looked awfully rocky to me from the photo. How did you come to choose that area for your warm winters? There were probably closer areas to you so I am curious!
 
Marianne, Dave's aunt and uncle found this place in Brenda years ago. There are a bunch of friends that stay there so we decided to check it out and really like it. It is not a fancy place by any means, but I like it as it has a pool and hot tub and exercise area and group things to do like my granny grinders (my name for them) that get together to walk with Leslie 6 days a week. Plus we can take off right from the park with our 4 wheelers. Never heard of New Water Mountains, but then I don't know the names of the things out there.
 
Granny Grinders! Oh lordy! You are surely the leader of the pack in Brenda for the winter! You got them doing Leslie in the Rec Room? I googled Brenda and it showed a photo of rocky red mountains. 4 wheelers sound like fun. I guess you have enough bend if you can get your knees into one of those!
 
Marianne, I get there too late in the season to come barging in to be leader of the pack. The granny grinders were going before I got there, I just named them that...LOL We have a Polaris Razor side by side to ride in the desert. Love it, so much fun and I could get in just fine after hip replacement. I know last year I had Dave go slow at first until I could tell the hip wasn't going to hurt.
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR Debbie and family. I was thinking about your sister tonight. I really hope shes ok and she is coping with her family. x x
 
Thanks Patricia (do your friends call you Pat, or Patty?) She did really well this weekend at my mom's house and we went out Sat. and then went to mom's on Sun. She did cry when she was leaving because she knows she won't be seeing me until I come home from CA in April. She is really into all kinds of Football, so she will be watching that I am sure to keep busy.
 
Glad shes ok. Hard time of year for her and soon after. Well usually im only called Patricia when Im in trouble. Normally just Pat. x x
 
That is my sister's name too, when she was young we called her Patty, then she changed it to Patti, but I call her Trisha.
 
Its certainly a versatile name isnt it. Ive changed it to my Pat now in my signature. I quite like Trisha too but nobody has ever called me that. x
 
Deb, I hope you are having a good start to the new year! Soon you'll be in AZ and enjoying the warmth and the sunshine!

I want to thank you for all the laughs you have bestowed on me throughout my recovery this year, you really got me through some rough spots!

Thanks my friend, and I wish you the best in health and happiness for this new year! :friends:
 
Happy New Year Everyone. Tired this morning, Dave and I actually danced in the new year. Who would have thought. We haven't been dancing in a long time and if we did go to a dance, I would only be able to dance one or two dances. Last night we danced off and on for 3 hours. Not too bad. Dave had so much fun, I could see he was so happy, ok the 6 small glasses of wine helped that (I drove). Not that we can dance very well, but it was fun.
 
Happy New Year to you too! That is so great that you went dancing and were able to do so much more than you have before. Feels really good when you can do that! I am so glad you and Dave had a good time.
 
Isn't life grand after a new hip and a new knee! You guys brought in the new year in style!:yay: I can just see you dancing now. way to go kiddo! :friends:
 
Couldn't really dance cheek to cheek though, from his oozie spots from his derm appointment...didn't want to get "too" close... :loll:
 
Debbie,that is great that you were able to dance! I would have loved to dance, but my husband is not able to do so. Yesterday the doctor asked him him if he would consider gastric bypass! Pat is so tired all the time and has no energy. Now that I have started exercising and losing weight I have boundless energy! :happydance:
 
I almost asked if the oozing spots were gone, but I thought "I will let sleeping dogs lie". But that is what make-up is for! LOL!
 
Sonja, did Pat find anything out that you want to share from his doctor's appointment. Not being nosey, just if you need to talk we are here for you. With Pat seeing how you are losing, does it motivate him, or make him not want to try? It has to come from within or it just doesn't work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom