Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote="RestAssured, post: 395963, member: 2671"

By the way, I think you and Jacky have corrupted me! I was so Shy before the two of you joined! :blush: :happydance:

Sonja, you LIE like a rug:heehee:
Once we have had our joints ripped open, sawed, glued...etc modesty goes right out the window!
Debbie, enjoy the desert. I lived in Mesa AZ for 3 years. Love it. :heehee:
Best,
Sandy[/quote]
Awww Sandy!

Well, even though they ripped up that right knee three times, I still had a little modesty left! When I was in outpatient rehab, I had taken a shower and they told me to call BEFORE I got up from the shower chair! I thought what the heck, I will just get up dry off, and put my clothes on. All of a sudden, this young OT rips open the door after a quick knock, and asks me what I was doing! :heehee: I did not have a stich of clothes on yet, and I said, what does it look like? She asked where my walker was and I said in here with me. Well, then she turns around and brings in the walker! I said "it must have escaped!" Thank you for arresting it! Her eyes narrowed, and Shelly said, you are supposed to be SITTING when you put on your clothes! I looked at her very innocently, and said then why did you rescue my walker instead of my wheelchair! :rotfl: She got the wheelchair and wouldn't leave until I was fully dressed!

Margaret, my partner in crime had been caught by Shelly earlier as she was up without her back brace or any clothing! She got the same lecture. Then in the afternoon Shelly had the privilege of working with both of us! We just grinned when she came over!

The funny thing is everyone at the rehab center remembers me! I can't understand why with my extreme shyness! :egypdance: :blush:
 
Debbie, it never occurred to me that farmers would have insurance on their crops, but of course they would! I always feel bad for the farmers during droughts and floods, and didn't know how they could financially manage it. It's a challenge regardless, I'm sure, but I'm so happy to know this!
 
Janet, not all farmers have insurance on their crops, we usually carry a minimal amount and it paid off big time, but we also had to buy corn to feed our cows now too. Huge expense.
 
OMG, can't believe this one. Dave is on an Ag forum and there are different subject headings. One of the headings is Market Talk. He went on there and complained about the company ADM and that we should have gotten our insurance money from the lost corn back in Oct. Well, I get a call from the vice president of the company yesterday wanting to talk to Dave. So I gave him Dave's cell phone number. He called him and said he will do everything to get our money to us ASAP. Then calls me back and apologized for the delay and asked for our coat sizes so he could send us some coats. Dave never knew that complaining on a forum would get results. The guy even enrolled in that forum so he could answer Dave's post yesterday. Guess they don't like to see bad things about their company. Funny, in Dave's original post, he said that when you owe ADM money they come after you like loan sharks... :heehee: Bet the guy liked that. I am afraid some guy (locally) will be in trouble for taking so long to get this money to us. But it makes me mad as I can't pay certain bills as I don't have this money and I keep getting billed interest on them. A person has to complain. Ahhh, the power of the internet and forums. I wonder if any of the hospitals check on this forum.
 
We should be getting ready to leave in two weeks, but we are having to wait for the dang insurance company to verify our losses on our corn crop from the drought this past summer. Besides our dairy farm, we have another business harvesting hay for other people. Dave has a partnership with another guy. This guy is tired of running around all summer and the long hours so Dave is buying him out and then the guy is just going to work for us. So this has to get done before we can leave. Boy, if we didn't pay our insurance on time they would scream to the hills, but when they owe us money, well, they drag their feet. I hope it won't take too long.

Debbie, in TX, all of the farmers have crop insurance. They try to grow cotton and wheat here, and the ones who can afford to irrigate do very well, but the ones who rely on Mother Nature lose out quite a bit. We have been in drought conditions for so long it is hard on the farmers. They also do hay for cattle, and again it is usually the ones who irrigate who have the most success!
 
Oh yes, thank God for our one big field that we have under irrigation. I remember the year we put it in, we had so much rain that we didn't need to run it and laughed that we spent all that money and wouldn't have had to, but now so thankful we put it in as it gave us some of the crops we need so desperately.
 
Debbie_joints, I have had a similar thing happen on Facebook. I posted to the Tony's Pizza Facebook page about the crappy pizza I got and they sent me a coupon for a new one for free. It was nice that they actually listened. I hope you get your money right away now!
 
Shelly was the new pizza crappy too? I always wonder.... the food is bad and they want to bring you MORE of it!
Debbie it is sure interesting hearing about the farm business. Most of us don't think about how our food got to the grocery stores! Thanks to you we always get what we want!
 
Boy, I think I need a wonder woman costume. I have never, I repeat never taken down all my Christmas decorations including the tree and boxed it all back up and lugged everything to the basement myself, never ever. But I did it today. Very heavy boxes and hard to manage tree. I thought I was going to have to wait for Dave to get the new tree apart, but I got on a step stool and just used my arm power and got it apart. Shoved that sucker back in the box and used my new knee and new hip to force that box closed so I could tape it and got it down the steps. My hands are killing me, but glad it is done. I told Dave we need to get to AZ soon to see if the warm weather helps my hands. The house looks bare now. I was just going to say I usually forget something after everything is put away and just noticed the little Christmas quilt on the back of the chair. Opps, almost all put away.
 
Ok, well TX is warming back up, so we need to meet on your way to Arizona! Tell me when you are going through and maybe Pat and I or if he is FINALLY back at work I can meet you! I go to Lubbock a lot which is two hours from Midland and then if I wen to Amarillo I would be looking at a 4 hour drive. But, to meet one of my buddies, no problem! :happydance:
 
Sonja, I would LOVE that, but unless the timing is right and it is time to pull over for the day, Dave doesn't stop much except to eat and potty and then on his way. I don't want you to drive that far just to get a hi and goodbye. We don't get off our route too much because our RV with trailer is 60 ft long. Are you still planning on the EAA in July? Now that would be fun as we could spend a lot more time together there.
 
Debbie you deserve a Wonder Woman costume because you ARE Wonder Woman in anyone's book! Especially since you fly around dusting the beams in your home on a rope and a towel! I laughed out loud at "shoved that sucker back in the box". Oh my gosh!
I want to meet all of you! Where does the EAA take place in July? It's a flying conference right? I was hoping it was an arthritis (AA part?) because I could take that off on my taxes. But still would love to meet you kids! My son lives in Amarillo but it's not exactly close to ANYTHING (anything civilized anyway). I wish he lived in Dallas or San Antonio but he loves his work in Amarillo!
I need to shove my tree into my trash can! It's a little shorty, but did the trick. I hung shiny gold pinecones on it. It tipped over but luckily the wall held it up. This was such a lame Christmas, once that cortisone wore off, it was all down hill. I am still giving presents to my family because I didn't get them all wrapped and given out!
Debbie I at least hope you are wearing your Wonder Woman Underoos while UNdecorating! Remember those Underoos? My kids lived in those. Or how about a nice red cape and a blue star on your forehead? You really are an inspiration to me (US)! Same for you Sonja...you guys are a riot and keep the rest of us entertained. Okay Shelly, you bring your free pizza to New Years, I make a mean zucchini lasagna. Debbie is probably doing our decorations. I have to get over to the Social Room to find out the plans! Can we SKYPE it with our UK friends? My son skyped with Spain.
 
When I hit my goal and went above by one the other day, Chantel put two gold stars on my shirt. She is a character and makes pt fun. Even Dave said that. Marianne, how far from Canyon Country are you? I will be there for about a month when I am there to help my son and his wife with the new baby in April.
 
I live in Long Beach. I believe Canyon Country is in Santa Clarita right? That is way above Los Angeles from me. I would think it is about an hours drive from here. That is doable for me on a weekend. You will be too busy to be driving down here unless you are doing some site seeing.I am 9 miles from Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm is close by as well. The ocean is probably 5 miles from my place. I think it could work out to see each other!
 
Sonja, I would LOVE that, but unless the timing is right and it is time to pull over for the day, Dave doesn't stop much except to eat and potty and then on his way. I don't want you to drive that far just to get a hi and goodbye. We don't get off our route too much because our RV with trailer is 60 ft long. Are you still planning on the EAA in July? Now that would be fun as we could spend a lot more time together there.
Possibly! We are going to find out what is wrong with hubby on Monday. His eyes have not been great lately, so he has not flown in several months! What part of Arizona do you stay in? I have been all over Arizona, the latest trip was to Scottsdale and the Mayo clinic.
 
Debbie, I have been trying to catch up on your thread. That is great that you made your ROM goal. Sounds like your is finished then since you are your way south soon? I love the snow but I am sure I will be wishing I was in Arizona by the time February rolls around. Will you have Internet access to keep in touch while you are away?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom