Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Jacky is the oldest, so we will blame her on corrupting both of us.... The naughty little girl in all of us just wants to come out.
 
Awe Deb, I can almost read your mind! After all I have been around for a while, and have enjoyed every moment! :whistle: And Sonja, me thinks shyness stops at the bedroom door and all of us get nervous when it comes to causing harm to our partner when life changes us all! We all want happiness and enjoyment throughout our lives, after joint replacements or any life changing health issue! :loll:
 
Yes Deb, it is and I love it! Can you just imagine what 2013 will bring us all! :thumb: :whistle: Good luck in the desert!
:)
 
One never knows do we Jacky. When 2012 started, I had just had a hip replacement and I didn't think I would have to have my knee replaced too. So weather there are good changes, or bad, we will deal with them and we all have good friends here to help us through.
 
Yes Deb, we never know! Yesterday I spoke to a woman, my grandson's wife's aunt who has throat cancer, and there is no cure and her tongue was distorted, she had to have speech therapy in order to be able to speak, and she was not able to enjoy the Christmas dinner with us, because she can't swallow! I learned so much yesterday! We just don't know what life is going to throw at us so we must enjoy what we can today! This woman was probably my age and she was struggling to speak, but I believe that my talking to her made her feel better, in a small way! I now realize that this can happen to any of us, so we should all enjoy the things that can be fixed, like our joints!
Again my dear friend, enjoy your trips in the desert with your hubby! I'm sure you will with your new hip and new knee! :thumb:
 
We should be getting ready to leave in two weeks, but we are having to wait for the dang insurance company to verify our losses on our corn crop from the drought this past summer. Besides our dairy farm, we have another business harvesting hay for other people. Dave has a partnership with another guy. This guy is tired of running around all summer and the long hours so Dave is buying him out and then the guy is just going to work for us. So this has to get done before we can leave. Boy, if we didn't pay our insurance on time they would scream to the hills, but when they owe us money, well, they drag their feet. I hope it won't take too long.
 
OMG! I am so hoping that you get it all straighten out soon, so you can move on and enjoy yourselves! Both of you have been through one heck of a year! Time for fun! :egypdance:
 
I know! Jacky does bring that out as our big sister! I wasn't going to say anything, but since you mentioned it..... :whistle:
 
:rofsign:Sonja, when did I get to be the expert on sex???? Was it that I was bold enough to ask about it, or talk about it is maybe what I meant. At first I thought I would be scolded about it, but after replacements, hip or knee which I had both, you do need some advice once in awhile. I would have another question since Dave's surgery, but seeing his spinal surgery isn't a joint, guess it doesn't belong in here. Now won't that make you all wonder... :rotfl:

I had spinal surgery so I can be a consult for you! :wink:
 
[quote="RestAssured, post: 395963, member: 2671"

By the way, I think you and Jacky have corrupted me! I was so Shy before the two of you joined! :blush: :happydance:[/quote]

Sonja, you LIE like a rug:heehee:
Once we have had our joints ripped open, sawed, glued...etc modesty goes right out the window!
Debbie, enjoy the desert. I lived in Mesa AZ for 3 years. Love it.
Best,
Sandy
 
I DID IT !!!!!!! I reached 121 ROM today, on my last day of physical therapy.
I can't believe I did it. I knew today was it, so I gave it my all and Chantel really pushed me too (but kept asking if I was ok) She dug her knuckles into the muscle right above my knee and then the thing that has really seemed to help me get the numbers lately is she has me sit on the table and she sits on the floor. She has me kick into her and she holds my leg back and she just has me push hard into her. Then she takes my leg and pushes it backwards. She always asks, or watches my body language if it was too much. Today she said she could tell I was doing better. So after the therapy was finished time to measure. First attempt got to 119 but I said I hit the bottom and needed to move my foot lower so I could get more of a bend. So again I put everything into it, my eyes were closed and I took a deep breath and pushed it as far as I could and opened my eyes to see her smiling and telling me I did it, that I got to 121. I swear this lady is amazing. There is such a difference in therapists, if you don't like the one you have, find another one. It makes all the difference in the world. Now I can tell I worked hard this morning, my legs feel like jello this afternoon, but in a good way, not painful. Happy day for me for sure.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
always knew you could do it and would do it!!!!!
 
:yay: YAY Debbie, you-da-woman!!!! Good for you kiddo, hard work does pay off, and of course the right PT!:thumb:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:friends:
 
Congratulations Debbie I know you have been working hard to get that result. Fantastic you did it on your last therapy day. :cheers: :martini: :cheers:
 
Way to go! That is such a great ending to your PT! Make sure you keep up the good work and get to your ideal 100%.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom