Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
You go girl! Kick butt, and have the time of your life! :egypdance:And trust me you won't screw it up! You are one focused woman and quite a inspiration my friend!
 
Happy four month anniversary and you almost forgot it. I'd say that forgetting it is a great milestone all by itself!
 
Debbie, thanks for posting about your progress...I am at six weeks and it really helps to read about where folks are who are a few months ahead of me...makes me much more relaxed about the ups and downs I am experiencing now. This site is such a blessing!
 
Boy I am sore today...Now before you get after me for doing too much walking or whatever, it isn't my knee that is sore, it is my back. I had to shovel today. It was only about two inches, but it was that really wet heavy snow. I only shovel one small sidewalk out front and then in front of the two car garage. So that was about a half hour workout, besides, my 45 minute workout in the basement this morning then right to the pool and did an hour there, then to PT for an hour. New best measurement for me today, hit 118 this morning. Two more sessions left, sure hope I hit that magical 120. Then came home and finished the third baby quilt. Then I could clean up the basement and put all my sewing things away. Finished off by cleaning out Dave's closet. So sitting and relaxing tonight. Oh, we are expecting 6 to 14 inches of snow tomorrow night into Thursday. Dave will have to get the snow blower out for that one. But a lot of times when we get big snows, I go out ever couple hours and push it off with the shovel as I don't like running the snow blower and not sure if Dave should be doing it yet.
 
Debbie do me a favor and become friends with your snow blower, it is a back saver! Until we moved last year I had the duty of shoveling the back upper deck and that was the size of a small yard, yuk! When Norm was at work and I got home first I would start that baby up and get that snow of the driveway and walks and it was a lot easier than that dang shovel! Save your back my dear! Those machines look big and intimidating, but they purr like a kitten!

Yay, on the numbers!
 
Debbie you wear me out just reading your posts. You sure do fill a lot in your day. I really do hope Im doing as much as you when Im four months post op. We have no snow here yet. Just a lot of fog and misreable rain. I love snow at christmas but not so sure this year with having to go try walking in it with a cane. Could be interesting. Have a lovely relaxed day tomorrow. :gbhse: :giftsa:
 
OK, who is going to come and help me shovel the predicted foot or more of snow starting tonight and all day tomorrow? Dave does have the snow blower ready and if I can start it I will use it. I hate if it is windy and it all comes back on you though. I took my mom grocery shopping today instead of Friday. The stores were so busy too, everyone stocking up before the storms. All the schools and a lot of the businesses are closed already. Watch, maybe it will only be rain.

I have the Thanksgiving turkey carcass (I had it in the freezer) in a big pot simmering tonight. I figured tomorrow will be a good homemade soup day. So I like to make the broth the day before so I can cool it down and take the fat off. I just put it out in my screen porch, nice and cold out there. I am even making homemade noodles. So if you all come help me shovel tomorrow, you will get a nice big bowl of homemade turkey noodle soup. Any takers...LOL
 
Sounds wonderful Debbie! Wish I could come over. Actually, I like to shovel snow although I don't know how good I will be at it this year. But homemade noodle soups sounds perfect. Make a nice fire and do some sewing!
 
I don't envy you Deb, however what you are getting seems to be coming our way! I feel lucky that someone else will be clearing it out this year and our future years! Stay safe kiddo! :thumb:
 
Got a couple workouts in this morning already. 45 minutes of my workout in the basement, then decided to tackle the snow outside. Dave still has a weight limit of only lifting 20 pounds, so thought I would try starting the snow blower. I got it started. Really heavy snow and I had to wrestle the snow blower as it wanted to ride over the top of the snow. My arms will be sore. The snow is not finished yet either. Feel sorry for the birds, all the feeders but one are covered with snow. But look at the one that I have on my window. Can't believe the bird was out in this snow.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
    Snow Dec 2012.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 131
  • [Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
    Snow 2012-3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 123
  • [Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
    Snow 2012-4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 119
  • [Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
    Snow 2012-6.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 116
Deb, good for you you got the blower started! Try and keep it in the lowest gear and it won't get that momentum of speed to go over the snow. I know when I was doing it the darn thing scared me the first couple of times because it would go so fast then I learned that if I put it in 1st gear it was much slower and more managable. I really was affraid I land on my butt and never get up, and yes it takes a lot of arm muscle in the higher speed.

The snow look beautiful, however can you keep it your way for a whiler longer, please! I'll bet you can't wait to go to AZ.
 
From the extreme drought of NM your back yard looks heavenly! I wish you could send some of that precip my way. It wouldn't even melt today since it is only about 20 out!
 
All I can say is OMG. Do you REALLY need to take care of the snow!!!! With your personality I would have thought you could either sweet talk or dirty talk that snow into submission!!!!
Debbie you continue to amaze me! You really make our day!
 
Hahahahaha, Look what I did. I was lonely and needed someone to talk to, except I didn't give him/her a mouth. I got the deck shoveled off, but got tired of shoveling so decided to make this. I am still a kid at heart I guess.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Holy, moly now she's making snowpeople, without a mouth yet! LOL... You are too funny!!! Yes my dear you are a kid at heart! Don't ever loose that kid, she'll come in handy some day! You'll be a hoot in the nursing home and I want to be in the same home you're going too, but don't rush it because we've got a lot of life to live yet!:rotfl:
 
Two of my girls are in Iowa. I just spoke with one of them and she said it was snowing alot and the wind was really blowing. She was supposed to drive 2 hours down to her Dad's today, but they are waiting till Saturday now. And her sister who lives in Alaska is stuck right now in Minneapolis. Not sure if they will just try to rent a car and drive the 4-5 hours to her Dad's or try to get a flight in.

The storm you are getting hit us really hard too. I live in sunny Southern California, but the day that storm hit us, we had record rain and tons of flooding. I chose to stay home that day, and I am glad I did. Hugs!
 
Well over a foot of snow so far. I did the first round with the snow blower, but have since shoveled 5 times. I try to do it before it snows two inches. The snow is so wet and heavy so that is why I am shoveling often. Got my workouts in today. Guess I wouldn't have had to do my Leslie DVD this morning or ride my bike. But I did. I will shovel once more after dinner tonight.

Gail, I hope your daughters are safe, not sure where they are traveling, but I think MN and Iowa are bad too. So much wind and it blowing the snow around.
 
Lucky for us, that's going North as it moves into Michigan. I think we're only suppose to get an inch. I'm noy quite ready for the big snow. On the other hand, it would be prettier than this rain.
 
Lucky for us, that's going North as it moves into Michigan. I think we're only suppose to get an inch. I'm noy quite ready for the big snow. On the other hand, it would be prettier than this rain.
I agree with you! I have mixed feelings over the snow. Sure a white Christmas would be pretty but I have traveling to do that day so I would rather it be dry!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom