TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky, the rash is getting better and not so itchy anymore. Dave's neck is doing well. He still wakes up with a headache, but after switching pillows per PT request, that seems a bit better too. How about you, did your shots make your pain more tolerable, or make it go away I hope? Boy, we only have to the end of the year now to have any problems, then we start over at day one again of our $10,000 deductible. Although Dave turns 65 in June, so he can get on Medicare and has to get a supplement, so not sure if it will go down then.
 
I'm glad your rash is getting better. I keep thinking about getting all the medical problems out of the way before the end of the year too. It's been sweet lately not to have any medical bills coming at me. We got a bill from our GP and Norm automatically gave it to me and I said it can't be, so I opened it and gave it right back to him and said, I met my deductibles and co-pays this is yours to pay! Since I got so many this year he assumed it was mine!:scratch: I don't look forward to starting all over with medical payouts.

My neck is still a pain in the neck! I'm still going to PT for it and at times it feels like it's getting better and other time, not! I just have to keep doing the neck exercises and hopefully one day it will get better. I bought a new pillow too in hopes that it helps.
 
That rash looked suspiciously like a yeast infection, you know... with the satellite lesions? Like diaper rash! Maybe you need anti-fungal on it. No harm in calling doc for prescription strength or you can just try Lotrimin OTC , but it's weaker and takes longer to work. Debbie, because I have come to know and love you, I just really want you to know that in the US Army they call your rash CROTCH ROT.:angel:

Jacky that's too bad! Nothing more miserable (figure of speech) than not being able to move you head due to neck pain. Hope you can keep it warm and loose. Sure feeling awful about your situation in Newtown. I am so sad for the littlest victims and of course the staff and the families. My heart goes out to them all. I can't imagine the pain those parents are going through.
 
Marianne, you have me doubled over with laughter over here!:rotfl: I can just imagine what Deb is going to think when she reads the part of your post about "CROTCH ROT"!:yikes: Oh my goodness! Debbie what have you been doing?:whistle:
 
Me too, CROTCH ROT! Debbie will probably love it! So picturesque and ghastly at the same time.

Seriously, glad the rash is getting better Debbie. Sorry your neck is still giving you issues Jacky.
 
So Marianne and Jacky, who's crotch am I rubbing my wrist in, mine, or Dave's. If you think it is a yeast infection, must be rubbing it in mine...LOL Although believe it or not, I have never had a yeast infection there. I am positive it is an allergic reaction to that brace. Or can you get a yeast infection from a brace? Whatever it is, it is getting better with the prescription I got from my doc.

Jacky, I just asked Dave if the new pillow I bought has helped with his headache in the morning and he said it has. I got one of those memory foam pillows. Chantel told him to have me look at him when he lays on his side with his head on the pillow and it should line up and be a straight spine. So have Norm take a look at you and see if it lines up.
 
So glad you saw that Debbie. Maybe you have a combo? The area under our watches get like that because we trap moisture there. Yours looks like that to me. Okay...so maybe you've got Nickel-Rot Wrist. :rotfl:
 
I just got done with the second baby quilt, I posted pictures in the social room. Now I just have to finish the one I started that I didn't think was granddaughter worthy.
 
Debbie I am so jealous the quilts are beautiful. I would love to be able to make something like that. Ive done a little cross stitch for births and stuff but nothing like that. You must be very proud.
 
Debbie, I love your quilts and the colors are so pretty. Really cute patterns! Amazing that you finished three in such a short time. I have hardly done much quilting since I went back to work. Keep waiting for the energy to return.
 
Lisa, I only finished two, but the third one, the top is done, just have to sandwich it yet and sew it together and bind it.
 
Debbie, It is still a heck of a lot more than I have done lately! They are really special and I know they will be loved. I made a baby quilt for a friend of mine who had a "late in life" baby 3 years ago as she was 45 and already had 2 daughters in their 20s. We recently got together and her daughter, Eleanor, still has tea parties on the animal quilt that I made for her with all the little animals that are in it. I thought that was so cute and it made me feel great! So I know yours will be loved.
 
Lisa, I have been told by people I have made quilts for the the kids drag them everywhere. One couple got a divorce and that quilt had to go back and forth with the child. It must not bother me to sew as I even forgot to take my tylenol and tramadol this afternoon. Feeling pretty good, wonder if I need to cut back. But then the other arthritis kicks in, like my wrists are hurting tonight. But not bad.
 
You know I just remembered that yesterday (16th) was my 4 month anniversary. I know I am blessed to have a pretty good recovery here. Sure a little blip with the ROM, but it is coming. After reading how so many of you are having problems, but dealing with them, I do feel good about my stamina and my ability to do things. Seems to me that a lot of the knee replacement people that do well, eventually just leave, or don't check in as often. I know I have been very busy lately with being gone for my BIL funeral and trying to get those baby quilts done. I haven't been as good of a poster as I should be. Even if I get to a more "normal" way of life here, meaning everything doesn't revolve around my knee, I plan on sticking around. Have gotten to know some of you ladies and I like the group. So, hope to hang around if you don't mind.
 
Happy anniversary! I, like you, was blessed with a good recovery, and still have a little problem with the extension issues. I know what you mean about spending less time on the forum. With being back at work and continuing exercise and holiday prep, etc. I don't have near the time to follow people as I would like. I know I will continue to hang around the weight loss and exercise thread as I really need the support. And I too, have gotten to know some of the people on the forum, and really like them and like to follow their posts. So I will keep trying!
 
Happy 4th month anniversary my friend! :friends: Can you believe it's been four months since you embarked on this life changing journey!
You are doing great and enjoying life again! Yay you! :thumb:
 
Yep, a lot has changed in the last year, a new hip a new knee and 70 pounds lighter (if I don't screw it up) it is time to enjoy myself now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom