TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debbie, I know exactly what you mean about the ooze and drip. Mine get red, itchy and gunky junk will collect around the hole in my ear. And then it will take several days for it all to subside. I am glad you like my quilt! I bought the little Batik animal squares at one of our quilt shows and made some hangings with them. This picture was taken at one of our quilt retreats that my quilt group goes on. Yikes, three quilts at once and at the holidays! You are wonder woman in addition to being a bionic woman! LOL! :yes!:
 
Jacky, normally it takes a day or two to be able to tell if the shot worked, but so far so good. Hard to tell though too as I have a big spot where I had the allergic reaction to the brace and that is bugging me.
 
The spot that's driving you buggy, it's not infected or anything that can get into your bloodstream and affect you new knee, is it? :scratch:
 
Jacky, I don't think it looks infected, just itches a lot. Maybe will ask Josephine to see what she thinks. I do have a prescription ointment. Do I put it on and then cover the spot, or leave it open to the air?

[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Would help if you told me what the 'prescription ointment' actually is! But follow the instructions - I would imagine they just say 'apply' so therefore leave it open to God's good air! Is it itchy?
 
Josephine the ointment is Fluocinonide 0.05% I guess it is a pretty strong ointment, not to be used more then 10 days in a row. Back in 2006 when I got the first tube of it, it was for this sore on my leg that just would not go away. Dave called it leprosy. We had tried other, more mild ointments but nothing would take it away. This worked. Yes it is very itchy. Also wondering if I should avoid the pool now too. What do you think about that? I would hate to stop going as my therapist really thinks it is helping, but if there is a chance it could cause an infection it isn't worth it.
 
Fluocinonide topical is a cortisone preparation used to treat the inflammation and itching caused by things like allergic reactions such as you have. I doubt there's any need to stay out of the pool though you might want to reapply the ointment as soon as you can afterwards!
​
 
I agree it looks like it should be open to air. Bet the pool could even help. I wouldn't cover it unless you are going to do something dirty. :heehee:
 
Shelly, it isn't oozing today (that is just a gross word), but itches like crazy. I went to OT today and she gave me something to protect the skin if I wear a brace. I got two new braces for the thumbs today and some compression gloves. She said people with arthritis seem to like to wear those to bed. But I don't want to wear them until those sores go away.
 
I sure hope it does the trick for you! You have been through enough. You don't need anymore yuck in your life. Time to get healthy! :SUNsmile:
 
Well, finished up my Christmas shopping today and was thinking as I went to OT about the thumb first then 6 different stores. Before LTKR I would have struggled big time doing that much shopping and in and out of the car and today, was nothing to it. Guess I can say I am happy I did it now, getting close that that magical 4 month mark.

Got a couple new thumb braces today. She assured me there is no nickle in them. Don't have to wear them all the time, but if I know my hands will be stressed I will try and remember to use them. The rash is really itchy yet. I put the ointment on and would like to leave it to the air, but the ointment doesn't soak in, so think I have to cover it.
 
All I want for Christmas is to get my ROM to 120. So close, got to 116 today. I have increased by one at every PT session lately. Only 3 sessions left before the end of the year and I will be done as my deductible will start up again.
 
"... in and out of the car and today, was nothing to it. Guess I can say I am happy I did it now ... "

And how Fantastic is that??? You made it to the Bright side! (Thumbed up and all, too!) It's really encouraging to imagine that feeling. I can't wait.
 
Allergic reaction is not oozing (there is that word again) any more, so I suppose that is good. Chantel told me I better not go in the pool though. Here is a better spot. I know it is red, but I don't think it is infected.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
She probably advised not to go into the pool, not because she thought it infected but to protect you from any bacteria that may be lurking in the pool to prevent an infection. Glad there's no oozing - oozing just isn't a good word. :eeeuw: Hope its not itching as much either.
 
Deb, that last picture looks like the rash spread from your first picture. I hope the itching is gone and the rash is going away.

Wow, you got all your shopping done, yay you! :yay: It's great that you did all that shopping and your new knee didn't give you any trouble, fantastic!

How's Dave's neck coming along?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom