TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys know how nice you all are????? Well, you are and I appreciate all the kind words this past week. We got home a little while ago and I unpacked and put stuff away and am sitting and relaxing now. Got a good workout today. From the church we had to walk about 10 minutes or so to the cemetery, but it was straight up hill. Several people stopped on the way and my new little knee just kept on going. No problems at all with the knee on the walk. Now I have bad feet and they complained a bit, but I survived. Little bit of trouble getting in and out of my son's big SUV in the back seat. Comfy once I got in, but my car is much easier getting in and out of. I heard my brother complaining a bit about his knees, he had the bilateral done in May. I heard him bragging about being able to walk two miles and I just kept my mouth shut. He did have both done so he one upped me there...LOL. Glad to be home. My sister lives in a little town of only two hundred some people and there were way over that at the funeral and lunch today. Good showing of how much he was loved and how my sister is loved too. thanks again you guys.
 
Deb, I'm so glad you are home safe and sound! Your new knee is the best! :thumb: Get a good nights rest my friend! :friends:
 
Debbie, I have not read posts lately. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your brother in law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
 
Deb, how are you today? I hope your knee is still treating you well! I read your post on another thread that your hubbies snoring has gotten better since he was off some of his meds and you didn't have to wear your soft band with the music. That is great! I hope that is still working for you.

Stay well my friend!:friends:
 
Debbie, Glad to hear you made it through the funeral and it sounds like your knee did very well. I hope you take it easy for awhile, I am sure it has been very stressful lately.
 
Debbie hope you have a quiet few weeks now on the run up to Christmas. Give your knee a little rest now. I bet your lovely house looks great at Christmas. :)
 
Jacky, doing well, it was my triple workout day today. My in house workout, then swimming and top it off with PT. Got the highest bend today of 115. I noticed the steps are getting easier and easier going foot over foot. Chantel said she sees so much improvement when I come to PT right after being at the pool. So if anyone out there has a chance to get in a pool I highly recommend it. Also Jacky, yes, no headband and music needed. His pain pills were causing the snoring. I am happy. The other night I did have to resort to it again, but he had had a couple drinks and that will do it too. It was funny, he had an appointment with Chantel 30 minutes after I started so we were in there together. She would give me something to do and he would try it and say he could do it better. We like to tease each other. How is your neck doing Jacky? Did the shot help?

Thanks Lisa and Patricia, I wish I could rest now that the funeral is over, but I have tons to do before I host Christmas for my family. Not as many this year as my sister and her kids and grandkids decided to just have their family together this time. So instead of 40 some people, it will be around 30. I need to get two baby quilts done too. Yikes
 
Congrats on the 115 bend! :yay: Good for you keeping up the workouts! Quite a role model you are my friend! :thumb:

I have to agree, a couple of drinks does create the snore factor for both Norm and I as well, it must relax us way too much! :zzz:

I am still going to PT for that dang tight muscle on the right side of my neck! The PT guy says the muscle has released now we need to work on building muscle strength. It still hurts, but is getting better. I hope he doesn't think I'm his "cash cow" cause I'm not going after the first of the year! I'll continue with my exercises on my own. This is seeming too much like going to work every other day.

I'm sure you'll miss your sister and her family at Christmas, however they must need to have a quiet year this year, I know I would.
Your holiday plate is full though with 30 guests. Two baby quilts sounds like fun to make, yikes is right, time is closing in! :yikes: Hey just think next year at this time you'll be a grandma! :yay:
 
Of course Deb, I don't know who I was thinking of! :scratch: I remember now your little Eli didn't like his picture taken and was very squirmy! :happydance: Spoiling him is the best part of being a grandparent! :heehee:
 
Glad all went as well as can be expected at the sending off for your BIL, Debbie.

Wow, you have 30 to host for Christmas - you must be a saint :yikes: 12 is my top wack for Christmas and that is quite enough.
 
Let's see. It will be four for Christmas and Pat and my Mom love to cook! I do the dishes, and BIL Ronnie, plays with the dogs! :whistle:
 
I am getting in a double workout today, well triple if you count brain strain from school! Debbie, I am so happy to hear about your ROM! My PT said my ROM of 130 is great, and do I asked, why are we still doing heel slides then! :whistle: She replied that we didn't want to lose ground. I hope my brace comes soon! I NEED to get out and walk! :happydance:
 
Sonya, that is so great you got to 130! I hope your brace comes soon too. My ROM is at 120 and we are leaving it at that. My PT said when you have large calves (and large thighs) it is sometimes difficult to get beyond 120. Even when I was thin I had large calves, as I was never able to buy off the shelf riding boots, I always had to have customs with a gusset in it.
 
Sonja, do you get to 130 because your knee is so loose? My tendons are so tight yet that when Chantel is working with me, or when I do the stairs I can feel the tendons rolling, or clicking.
 
Saw my rheumatologist today and got another injection in my thumb. When I had it done the last time in both thumbs, one worked and the other didn't. She told me it is such a narrow area that she has a hard time getting it in the right spot. Hope it worked this time, but I didn't feel the pressure this time either so that tells me it might not work. When I went to OT several weeks ago they gave me a thumb/wrist guard to help protect my thumb when I am doing things that require a lot of hand movement. Well, I noticed some irritation and I wore it the other day when I was quilting and now my wrist and base of my thumb are all sore and pimply. It felt like when I am allergic to nickle. So my rheumatologist looked at the brace and googled it and found out it has some metal in the fabric or something. Guess I am really allergic.
 
Debbie, Sorry about your injections. Is this cortisone that you get? Must hurt! I react to all sorts of metal too, with rashes and redness. With earrings I can only ever wear gold posts. Hope it goes away!
 
Lisa, love your new avatar. The quilt is so pretty. I am working on three of them right now. I am making two for my expected granddaughter and I didn't like how one of them was turning out, so I bought more material yesterday and will start another one today. I react to earrings really bad too. I don't have to have the solid gold ones, but they do have to be nickle free. If I wear ones that aren't, my ears will actually ooze and drip. Now doesn't that sound nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom