Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will someone please remind me that I just had a knee replacement less then 16 weeks ago. Go, go,go today. Some of it was sitting down at least, but did my 2 miles of the walking DVD, 3.5 miles on the recumbent bike. Went to town and helped my mom decorate cut out Christmas cookies (a couple fell in my mouth) then went swimming for an hour. Came home and had to do some office work then head up to the next town (20 minutes away) and take stuff to the accountant. Ran into one store to buy Dave and Jon some shoes for tomorrow. Hope they fit. Then went to WalMart and bought a few things including, for Christmas 30 pair of socks and underwear. My son told me he wanted socks and underwear for Christmas. That was always the big joke when they were little, that was all they were going to get. He said his must be from when he went away to college I did the same thing. Boy, I would say they need replacing...LOL Came home and vacuumed my big house and now I am finally sitting down with my leg up. Doesn't even hurt. Guess I am lucky that it is healing pretty good now.
 
DEbbie,
With all that has been happening I don't know if you have gotten to use your TENS very much, but how has it worked for you when you can??
 
Wow, you sure pack it in Deb! I like that some of those misbehaved cookies fell in your mouth, shame on them making you a bad girl that way! :rotfl:
That's funny that the socks and underwear were the gift of chose for your son, because that's what mine got too.
 
your doing more than some people i now without a lump of metal in there knee ,perhaps it gives us a second chance and we are living it .
 
DEbbie,
With all that has been happening I don't know if you have gotten to use your TENS very much, but how has it worked for you when you can??

Rose, I actually have. I don't have it on all day, but I a lot of the days I have had it on for 6 hours or more, but then days like today that I have yet to put it on. I thought I would wait until after my shower tonight and use it when I am relaxing. I don't know if it is the TENS unit or starting the swimming in the pool but since I started both of them around the same time I have been feeling really pretty good. I got several extra patches with the unit and am trying to save them for later. It says you can put a little water on them, but for doing your work around the house they just won't stay in place. If you are just reclining and resting they would be fine. So yesterday I took what we call vet wrap, or you could use an ace bandage I suppose and I wrap my leg so the electrode patches stay in place. Seems like I was getting a more powerful shock with it that way and had to turn it down a bit. I am glad my insurance kicked in for it.
 
Wow Debbie, I got tired hearing about all that you did, and all in one day... I am so glad to hear that you don't even hurt. Now you just might want to take a slower day for tomorrow... just sayin
 
Yeah BJ I was reading Debbie's post and wondering when she was able to get a nap in!? I agree,wore me out just reading it! I am hoping my energy comes back before I have to go back to work. Can't be napping at work.... :whistle: Debbie you sure do stay busy! Good for you!
 
Debbie, I think I may have said this before about your crazy bursts of activity: holy schmoly, girl! You're like the Energizer bunny!
 
Rose, I actually have. I don't have it on all day, but I a lot of the days I have had it on for 6 hours or more, but then days like today that I have yet to put it on. I thought I would wait until after my shower tonight and use it when I am relaxing. I don't know if it is the TENS unit or starting the swimming in the pool but since I started both of them around the same time I have been feeling really pretty good. I got several extra patches with the unit and am trying to save them for later. It says you can put a little water on them, but for doing your work around the house they just won't stay in place. If you are just reclining and resting they would be fine. So yesterday I took what we call vet wrap, or you could use an ace bandage I suppose and I wrap my leg so the electrode patches stay in place. Seems like I was getting a more powerful shock with it that way and had to turn it down a bit. I am glad my

insurance kicked in for it.

If they get to where they aren't sticking, putting some rubbing alcohol on them to make them stick! As Katie explained to me, the oil from the skin creates a film, and so alcohol is the best remedy! Now Debbie, I know I don't have to tell you this but what the heck! :heehee:

Don't confuse rubbing alcohol with your favorite type of alcohol! I've heard that you can get drunk by skin osmosis! :whistle:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
Ladies, ladies, we're getting a bit risque' here, aren't we? Strange for someone so shy, don't you think, Sonja?
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Thanks Sonja on that suggestion on the rubbing alcohol, I have to buy some as I think I used up what I had to make a cold back. I know it will surprise you but I actually don't drink alcohol...I know...:yikes: shock there. I like a grasshopper once in awhile but that is about it. I am confused, did I say ornery or what is the horny statement about??? I may be a bit of both lately...:heehee:

Well, after the busy day yesterday the knee is complaining this morning. I knew it was too good to be true. well, I will take it easy so to speak, but we leave today for the wake tonight and the funeral tomorrow. I will make sure I sit as much as possible. thanks again everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.
 
Oh so sorry your knee is sore! Yup, that was a bit much, you have all our knees aching just reading your post about it!
Yes, save yourself for the car trip and any standing you have to do. I am so sorry about your loss and hope the ceremony will bring a feeling of peace to you and your family. He was surely loved and will be missed alot. HUGS.
 
Thanks Sonja on that suggestion on the rubbing alcohol, I have to buy some as I think I used up what I had to make a cold back. I know it will surprise you but I actually don't drink alcohol...I know...:yikes: shock there. I like a grasshopper once in awhile but that is about it. I am confused, did I say ornery or what is the horny statement about??? I may be a bit of both lately...:heehee:

Well, after the busy day yesterday the knee is complaining this morning. I knew it was too good to be true. well, I will take it easy so to speak, but we leave today for the wake tonight and the funeral tomorrow. I will make sure I sit as much as possible. thanks again everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.
Well Debbie, I don't drink either, but sometimes my posts would make it sound like I do! We were talking in my post about me being a little ornery sometimes! Then one of my other friends, who shall remain nameless, after all she just uses initials :heehee: , said something about she was glad that I'm not horney, when she meant to say ornery! Cute slip of the finger, and suddenly you and several others wer chiming in about different things about being horny! LOL. You said that you had a transvaginal ultrasound, and they didn't even offer dinner and a movie after words! :rotfl: :whistle:

Well don't rub any grasshoppers on the pads either, as that might get a bit messy! :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
Ladies, ladies, we're getting a bit risque' here, aren't we? Strange for someone so shy, don't you think, Sonja?
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954

Yes thank you Judy, for remembering how shy I am! When you see stuff like that, it is my "twin" again! Sometimes it is so hard to reel her in, and she just says "stuff" that leaves me blushing! :blush: :heehee:
 
Hi Debbie, just catching up with your posts, so sorry about your BIl. Prayers to you and your family on this very tough day.

When my Mom was near her last weeks and days, there were many times we all started with the "Shirley" stories that were her classic moments. It helped us turn to the best of times when she was full of life and kept us all in line! I hope you can do the same.

God be with you all today,

Dawn
 
Debbie, Condolences to you and your family in the loss of your B-I-L. May the Lord sustain you all through this difficult time. (((((hugs)))))
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom