Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup Deb, really! And, I really do care! :console2:

That is so nice of the Lions club and the Fire Department to do that for the family, he must have been a great guy and I'm sure he will be missed dearly! In the picture that you posted of your sister and him, his eyes looked so kind that you can almost see it deep into his soul!
Rod and your sister looked so happy together. Dang, life's not fair sometimes!
 
I think Jacky does really care, Debbie. I have a feeling she is just that kind of person.
 
You all are so sweet, It is hard for me to believe how many posts you guys have posted to me. Rod is the first one of the my siblings or in-laws to die, so it is very hard. Especially hard seeing him communicate just that little bit on Saturday, so you knew he knew what was going on. But God called him home for better things. This picture here was taken just a short time ago when the kids were all home. Now tell me, does that man look like he needed a heart and kidney transplant? Only 10% of his heart was working.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Awe Deb, thanks for posting that picture, what a lovely family! No, he does not look like he needed a heart and kidney transplant, what a sad, sad shame! Your sister will need a lot of support to get through this, please give her and their kids a hug for me.
And (((((hugs))))) to you my dear friend!
 
Debbie,

I feel like a lot of the BoneSmarties have grown close! When you hurt, we hurt! I am glad that there is no snow in the forecast! :happydance:

Oh, by the way no snow is forecasted for us either! Thought you might be interested in knowing that bit of knowledge! :wink: :rofsign:
 
What a nice picture! He looked like the picture of health! When Umcle Jim was at the reunion, I talked to him through my hubby setting up wireless Internet so I could be a part of the reunion! In Skype, I saw that Uncle Jim was very ill. He had no color and just didn't feel good. Your BIL looked great! :yahoo:
 
Sonja, thanks for the weather forecast for TX, I will be checking with you more in about a month...LOL I wish we could have skype. Well we do, but it really doesn't work very well as we have Verizon Wireless and you are at the mercy of how the reception happens to be. We are suppose to be 4g or whatever that is and it isn't good enough for clear reception. I would especially love to have it when my new granddaughter arrives in a few months. I told them I am going to want a picture a day from them.
 
My hubby buys the Verizon boxes for out of reach areas in the oilfield. He puts them in and adds an external antenna on top of the roof! He said they work great that way!
 
I had to remove Skype from my iPad because I started getting text im's from weird men, like in a singles bar! Obviously they couldn't see me , or my knee scars, or they'd never have tried to pick me up!
(sorry, Deb. thought perhaps a lighter post was needed just for a sec.. Not trying in any way to make light of or detract from your grief.)
 
Jeb that is pretty funny! Debbie BIL just does not look sick at all in those photos. Especially knowing that his heart was only functioning at 10%. I hope he also felt okay although that makes it even harder losing him so quickly, not being prepared. Those boys must be so grief stricken. We are all thinking about you and your family. Be so careful driving and walking on the ice. We need you here!
 
Marianne, the one in the green is a girl, she just has her hair pulled back. Jeb, oh it is fine to lighten things up here, go for it, I need it. My sister was telling me that when they went and picked out the coffin that her kids had her laughing so hard that she almost pee'd her pants. Who knows what was said, but I am glad her kids are there for her. I wish I lived a little closer. Two hours is just far enough to make it hard to just run over for the day especially when it gets dark so early and it is over the river and through the woods to get to her house. No easy interstate.
 
Great picture! Your sister looks like you. Did I say that before? It's a blessing that her children are there and can support her through this. Support each other. It's no less their loss! I know you would want to be there for her as well, and you will be, but this is their place, together.
 
:umm: :rotfl:
I had to remove Skype from my iPad because I started getting text im's from weird men, like in a singles bar! Obviously they couldn't see me , or my knee scars, or they'd never have tried to pick me up!
(sorry, Deb. thought perhaps a lighter post was needed just for a sec.. Not trying in any way to make light of or detract from your grief.)

You mean the special guys I had picked out just for you were rejected?! :rotfl: :whistle:
 
Oh I forgot, new number at PT today, I got to 114 and Chantel said I could have gotten higher. Reason I didn't, was there was a little girl there with her mom and when Chantel was having me do a heal slide while measuring I tend to utter an expletive. I started t, but caught myself and then of course quit trying to push lower. I tried again and I took my towel and tried to bite it but Chantel was laughing and I couldn't concentrate. So I did end up with my best so far number and hope there isn't a little kid there next time so I can express myself (kind of quietly) when I go for a bigger number.
 
Well done, Debbie! about your sister laughing: it's a great stress reliever. I remember how my brothers and I laughed in the days after each parent's passing...helped a lot though it felt odd. It sounds like you and your sister are close in heart, which trumps close in distance.

And Sonja, please revise your list of what I'm looking for in a guy. Start with "not a creep"! :wink: I mean, I know at my age I can't be too fussy, but really gotta set the bar a bit higher.
 
Good job Debbie! My goal is to get my bend higher. I got easily to 105, so hoping within the next week or two I can get passed that number. Hugs!
 
Aah that's a really lovely family photo, Debbie. One I'm sure you will cherish forever. Hope you all get through Friday alright - as best you can on these sad occasions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom