Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, trying to catch up here, not sure I will have time to check everyone's thread out. My sister called this morning, that her husband, the one waiting for the heart and kidney transplant was taken to the hospital again. His defibrillator was going off every couple minutes. The EMTs came and they had to do CPR on him and took him to a close by hospital (still 30 minutes away) and they got him stable and then had to transfer him to Madison which is 2 hours away. My sister just texted that they think it is his brain causing the defibrillator to go off from some seizures or something. So looks like my sister will be staying here. Plus I will have to take her back to the hospital tomorrow and then we have to go to Milwaukee (two hours away) to pick up my son from the airport. Somewhere in there I have payroll for our farm to do plus the mid month bills (quite a stack). My home therapy might have to take a back seat here.

I did get the TENS unit today from PT, so if I get a chance to sit and relax, I can hook that up and that will help. Stayed the same with my ROM today. So if I don't answer your threads I am sorry, I am just trying to cope here. But I do want to tell Jacky to have a great trip, are you able to post on the road?
 
Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL and your sister.:console2: This is certainly a hard time for your family, please know we care and I will keep you all in my heart and on my mind!

Stay well my friend and post when you can!

Thanks for the well wishes for our trip and I will be bring my Ipad with me and we only rent hotel/motel rooms with wireless internet access so I should be able to keep in touch with my BoneSmart family.:friends:
 
Phew Debbie, no time for yourself, poor you. Not good news about your BIL, what an awful time for you and your family. No need for apologies about answering threads - you have more than your hands full. I do hope things calm down for you soon :angel:
 
Hi Debbie, sorry to hear your brother in law is in the hospital again. My prayers go out to you and your sister and family. If you get a chance to use your TENS don't worry about waiting until you can relax. I have one and have used it first with my shoulder and now with my knees. Mine has a clip that can be fastened to your clothes. I was told by my Dr I could wear it around the house while doing regular activities, just not while driving.
 
Good luck Debbie. I hope the next couple days go okay for you. Is this BIL the same one that also had a knee replacement? My Leslie didn't get here yet. I started practicing my "moves" though...should be interesting. I'll be thinking about you!
Okay so where's Jacky going? I didn't get the memo!
 
Debbie,
As sunshine says you can do just about anythingyou want with your TENS on, I used to do my house cleaning wearing mine. The only time you should not use it is when you are sleeping and driving, or when you are in the water (Bath, shower, pool etc)
 
Marianne, no, my BIL that is in the hospital did not have a knee replacement, that was my brother that had bilateral knee replacement. BIL might be able to go home today if they figure out what caused the seizures (several a minute) so it wasn't his heart at least. Poor guy has so much going on and my poor sister for having to deal with it.

I tried my tens unit last night, didn't seem to give me the jolt that the same unit gave me at PT, so I better take the time and look at the cd that comes with it to make sure I am doing it right.

So excited, going to Milwaukee today (two hours away) to pick up my son from CA. I have to drive as Dave can't/shouldn't because of having to watch for lane changes.
 
Debbie, I hope they figure out whats going on with your BIL and he is able to go home soon. And enjoy visiting with your son. Big hugs!
 
Debbie have a good time getting your son! And I'm so sorry about your BIL and hope they find the cause and fix it!
Drive careful!!!
 
Deb, I hope all is well with you my friend! It will be nice to have your son home for a while. How long will he be with you?
I hope your BIL gets to go home and they find the cause of those seizures.
 
Jacky, Patrick is going to be home here until next Tuesday. You enjoy your trip and your family too.
 
Enjoy your son being home! How nice! I hope you BIL stabilizes and is out of the hospital soon. I'm late on the TENS discussion. How does this work for your knee? I have a unit from years back that was for my back. Hopefully I took the batteries out for storage when I moved. It has wires and sticky pads.
 
Janet, you put two sticky pad electrodes on each side below the knee and two of them on the side above the knee. I put it on last night for a half hour and it didn't seem to be as hard of a jolt as the one at PT so I turned it all the way up and today the one side of my knee the muscle is sore...LOL wonder why. Chantel will probably have a fit that I did that. Oh, and I just found out, the company called me and said my insurance would cover it. Chantel had just wrote to rent it for 4 months, but the insurance company won't rent it, it will be mine to keep...yay.. Dave will use it on his neck then too when we find out where to put it and if he should.
 
As I recall, it's not suppose to be a jolt, just a tingle. So you have the pair going lateral to lateral and medial to medial rather than lateral to medial above the knee and lateral to medial below the knee? What is it suppose to do for your knee?
 
Janet, my therapist wanted to try it to see if I would get more flexion and it worked a little. Suppose to make the pain ease up a bit too.
 
Busy couple days here. On Thursday drove to Milwaukee and was in the car with the drive and the waiting and the drive home a total of over 5 hours. Then yesterday we had an early Thanksgiving so I cooked a 17 pound turkey with the fixings with a little help but was on my feet most of the day. The knee was a little swollen last night so made sure to ice it and then I always go to bed icing it too. Seems pretty good today. Found out I get to keep the TENS unit and it says you can keep it on for hours, wear it as you go about your day. So will see how I do with it on. My daughter, SIL and 3 year old grandson went home this morning. My son from CA will be here until Tuesday. He is out hunting deer right now, heard he got one which is good, he is quite the cook and he wanted to make sure he had venison to take home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom