Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops it's not Natalie that has staples out tomorrow. I can't remember who's doing that tomorrow. Trying to keep everyone straight!
Think it was Tessa JustmeT that was having her staples out today Marianne and she was a little worried about it. Hope it went well.
 
Hello!

Debbie, if you think the e stim is great you should ask about who gives full body massages and treat yourself! I get a massage every 1 to 2 weeks. It is heavenly!
 
Sonja, I would love to have a full body massage, but I guess I am kind of on the cheap side and don't want to spend the money on it. I try to get Dave to do it, but he just isn't good at that.
 
I am really blessed with a wonderful hubby who massages some part of my aching body everyday. I do ask him to massage the knee, but I think he is afraid he might hurt me if he does it too hard. It does feel great when he massages it, just wish it was a bit harder:)
 
Deb, has Dave started with his PT for his neck yet? I hope he's healing well, for your sake of course! :wink:
 
Jacky, no, no PT for Dave yet. He doesn't go back to see his surgeon until the day before Thanksgiving. I am upset as I have an appointment in Madison that morning so I can't go with him. I told him he can't forget to get the prescription for that PT. He went hunting again today, but said something broke on his crossbow and if he can't fix it that will end his bow hunting as he can't use a regular bow, the kind you have to pull back. A cross bow you only have to crank it back. He said he also drove tractor the other day and he shouldn't have. He said he was a little sore after that. This has been very hard on him, not being able to just do the things he wants to do. Welcome to our world...right....
 
Ya know I almost said no to PT, however I am so glad I didn't because I do think it's really helping with that tight muscle on the right side of my neck. These PT people have magic hands! The good ones that is. :)
 
I can understand why you would want to shove something up his backside, that's why I was going to hold him down for you, remember? Friends and partners in crime, so to speak! :)
 
Jacky, that would be fun wouldn't it...tehe... I always will wonder what my recovery would have been like if I would have had Chantel from the beginning. Not to say that my recovery is that bad. I feel my walking and gait is spot on and I have really good stamina, but the bend is lagging and I am only at 12 weeks, so it will come. But I wasted 11 of my 20 outpatient PT sessions. I am paying cash now when I go.
 
Ya know, when someone goes into a profession and they don't take it seriously, they do way more harm then good! They hear from someone that the money is good, but they don't care that it's not a fit for them, that makes me :gaah:.
I hope it's in the works for you to get your money back for the PT that you're getting and paying for now. However, you didn't waste those 11 sessions, they wasted those sessions and got paid for it! Not your fault, there's!
 
Well, had PT this morning and I was afraid to go as my knee seemed like it was complaining yesterday and today. I took off from my walking DVD yesterday thinking that might help. But still woke this morning and it was just a bit sore. So did my 2 miles of walking DVD and 15 minutes of biking. I find that biking to that same DVD makes me peddle faster. I am peddling at a 14mph rate. The went to therapy and I told her I was stiff yesterday and today and she put on this nice and hot moist heat pad right above the knee while I rode the bike and while I did the leg push up thing. Then she did her usual massage thing. Something new she tried that felt really good was she put a belt around her waist and then looped it around my ankle and then uses her hands with the help of the belt and she just pulled. It is like I need a stretching machine. So I went in this morning thinking I wouldn't get the ROM I did last week (112) and I got a 111 ROM and then she hooked me up to a TENS Unit to get the electrically stimulated. Last week she hooked me up to something else and I don't remember what she said it was, maybe gman0358 would know what that is, he seemed to know it last week when I talked about it. So this TENS unit is something I could get. So after getting the shocks I got to 113, so up a couple more and it really makes my knee feel better. So we are seeing if my insurance would cover it. Wondering what the difference is. The one they have there cost over $700 and I see where you can get them for around $100 online. I need to find out the specs if insurance won't cover it as I do want one.
 
Yikes Deb, she pulled on your ankle of your "new knee" leg????:yikes: I don't know if that's such a good idea! Wouldn't that discombobulate something in your new knee? Please do me a favor a check with your OS office to see if that's alright, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you before you go to AZ. I only say this because when I went to my GP and talked about going to a chiropractor for my lower back she said, now is not a good time because sometimes they will pull on your legs and your knees are to new for that yet, and that was about a month ago. Just saying, I don't want to put a scare into you, but I'm scared for you.
 
Jacky, I think she is just trying to stretch the muscles. She is a tiny little thing, not like she would have enough force to pull it apart. It did feel good.
 
Sounds good Debbie. Do you think your weather is causing an increase in pain? You are 2 months ahead of me so I hope I am doing what you are by then. Right now just doing activities is wearing me out. Did the electrical this am. Do you like the sensation or the result? I don't like getting electrocuted! My PT said dr. ordered althernating heat and cold but she isn't doing the heat until my incision and swelling are a little better. I can't wait for the heat. Oh that stretching sounds good too!
 
Marianne, the electric sensation is different, causes my foot to twitch, but I like the feeling I have when I am finished too. Chantel said it can block the pain too. Maybe google TENS units and see how they describe it. Chantel also told me I could sit someplace higher then a chair and put an ankle weight on it. I don't think I would get the same effect though.
 
Jacky, My PT pulls on my leg all the time. Feels great! It is fine on the knee, as it just stretches the muscles andtendons and ligaments.
 
I just found my ankle weights and strapped them around my ankle and sat on the corner of our sectional sofa with a pillow to add more height to it and it doesn't feel as good as Chantel pulling on it, it might help a little.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom