Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose, we usually don't leave until the middle of Jan. I want to be home for Christmas and then I have end of the year bookkeeping to do for our farm and tax things to get out. I know Dave wants to get going earlier and I am all for it if we can get our son to take over the books earlier.
 
I love the snow, to look at that is, however I do worry about being caught somewhere and having to go out and walk in it and ice. :yikes: You see when I fall it's not graceful, it's darn right cartoonish, and before I know it my feet are in the air and my butt is on the ground, so I'm scared of this coming winter to say the least!

You must be so anxious to get to AZ, I hope your son can take over the books so you and Dave can go out and play! :thumb:
 
Hey Jacky,

You don't have to worry about snow and ice for slipping! I slipped when getting out of the shower this morning, and I almost fell trying to climb into my SUV. I didn't fall either time, but I am giving you more options than JUST snow and ice! :rotfl:
 
LOL! Sonja, thank you so much for giving me more option on techniques on how to fall and possibly hurting myself, what a true friend you are! :loll:
 
Ouch RestAssured. Yes, I came sooooo close to slipping inside a building last week. I mean, who's great idea is it to make floors out of slippery material like marble. Seriously, I was thinking of getting a removable shoe traction to wear inside on these slippery floors. :yes:
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
LOL! Sonja, thank you so much for giving me more option on techniques on how to fall and possibly hurting myself, what a true friend you are! :loll:

That's what friends are for! You are most welcome! If you need any more tips on ways to fall, just ask! I am sure I can think of a "few" more! :wink: :rotfl:

Signed "The Shy One"
 
Sonja, we are going to permanently strap some training wheels on your body. Do you have a rug or throw a towel down on the floor outside your shower? Goodness girl, think Oshkosh we have to meet and you have to be walking well.
 
Yes Debbie,

I do have a mat and even a throw rug. I had pulled all those up because I was scrubbing the shower and I was planning to wash them! :)
 
Oh Sonja, you are one of them that tells people not to worry if things are clean aren't you??? Let others do the work. You of all people should know not to get out of the shower without a towel or something on the floor. Girl, what are we going to do with you.....
 
Debbie I love your humungous butterflies! I love Madison! My son went to MCW. HE loved it there and I did too. Why don't you like the winters? Your arthritis? I used to live in Truckee California (where the Donner Party ate each other) and I felt like the snow was sort of romantic until it started sticking on the ground. Then I didn't like it anymore. Permanent runny nose!
I live in Long Beach, California, right on the edge of Orange County. I would love to live in "the country" like you but I am sure the snow would bother me after the first week. I went back to Iowa in March a few years ago in March and I felt like it took my bones a week to thaw out.
 
Reporting in on my PT today. Felt stiff when I woke up this morning so went and did my two miles with Leslie and 15 miles on the bike and my stool scoots. Leg up for awhile, then headed to town for PT. More bike moving seat closer and closer so knee had to bend more and I told her I can't move the seat any closer or my boobs would get tangled up in the moving handles on the bike. Rap those tubular boobs right around those handles, would not be a pretty sight. Then down on the leg press thingy and then she came and did some heavy duty massage. We talked about something I read here in BonseSmart that someone had had the electric electrodes to help their muscles. She said we could try it. She wanted to measure before and after to see if it helped. I felt really warmed up but only reached a 105 flexion. So then she stuck the electrodes on. I never had them before. She started it and asked every time she made it go up if I was ok. Like little bee stings at first, but I told her to turn it up. It got pretty shocking and she went up to almost the highest setting and then let me rest with it working. She kept asking if I was ok. It is very shocking, but felt kind of good in a Shades of Grey kind of way...:whistle: So had it on for fifteen minutes. When it was done she had me back on the floor and I stretched a little bit and she measured again. She looked at me and said, guess we are going to be shocking you more. I went from 105 to 112 in fifteen minutes. So if any of you are in PT yet, ask about the electrical stimulation. Now at home she told me to take a rolling pin and work the muscles right above the knee. Very happy with today results.
 
Debbie...... IFC Current is great!! It helps block the pain and at the same time reduces the swelling. broken link removed: https://www.massagetherapy101.com/massage-techniques/interferential-current.aspx But, sweetie..... don't crank it up til it feels like bee stings! Turn it up slowly until you start to feel it. Slight tingling. Then once you get used to that, turn it up a little bit more. Eventually you will come to love it as much as we came to love the ice. Congratulations on your continued success, but now I have a nasty visual of your boobs caught up in your spokes....... no........ not pretty!!!
 
Sorry Gman, have to remember there are men on here, but it is funny. My therapist kept asking me if I was ok with the amount of current and I was. I laid back and closed my eyes and really relaxed. I need to go over to the farm and go put my leg on the electric fence I guess. I was just happy with the progress today. How long did you use it?
 
I still use it. I have the IFC Current applied about twice a week for about 20 minutes each time while it is surrounded by the moist heat. After it is nice and warm and moist, my PT comes over, and manipulates the knee cap, stretching it from R to L (I had the R knee done). Then stretching to improve ROM. Session is usually finishes up with a deep massage along the IT band. Then I am flipped over more stretching, and that is finishedup with more massage across the back of my hamstrings and calf. By then I am just about asleep..... it feels sooooooo good! I may not want to go back to work..... Liking the PT too much.
 
DEbbie,
You can check with your insurance co to see if they cover a TENS unit for you to purchase, I know mine covered the cost. Then you have it for home use, it really does help. Your PT can get it for you.
Dave could also use it for his neck problems. The first one I got was for my neck problems. Now I have two and used it on my knee when I was Pting. Tens and E-stim are pretty much the same.
 
Deb, great report! I had that IFC current the whole time for my knee PT along with ice at the same time and now he is using it for my neck PT as well with heat at the same time. It feels great! But yes, the boobs getting tangled up in the handles can not only, not be pretty it can be down right painful! :yikes: protect those babies at all cost! :heehee:

Oh by the way my friend, stay away from the electric fence, unless of course you would like extra curly hair! :whistle:

Oh yes and another thing if one of those electrodes frees itself from your knee don't grab it with your hand. I did and I felt like I was in a Frankenstein movie, I sapt all over my body! It sent us laughing so hard we had tears running down our faces! :rotfl: I felt quite energized afterwards! :dancy:
 
And one more thing, are you on anything other than narcotic meds????....LOL
 
Gilda, I am not even on narcotic medication. I am on Tramadol and that is I think if I understand it, a drug that mimics some narcotics, but it is not that strong as the doc said I can drive while on it and I only take two in the morning and two in the afternoon. I had trained pretty hard before my LTKR, it was part of my weight loss regime after my hip replacement last Dec. I was up to doing a 5 mile walking DVD 5 days a week before my surgery and it helped me lose 70 pounds. I was so hoping that I would "fly" after my surgery, but the knee not bending has held me back some. But energy wise I am back to normal and no, no "extra" medications are being taken...LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom