Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks skigirl, maybe I should take up smoking a little weed then I wouldn't care if my windows were dirty....:rotfl: Elanor, I didn't do any more chores, but ate an early dinner and talked Dave into going for a little walk, maybe only a half mile. Pretty chilly out there, so came home and drinking some diet hot chocolate now.
 
Maybe we should all smoke some weed, then the pain would go away and we would not care if we did anything all day except smoke pot and listen to Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix! I AM CHANNELING MY COLLEGE DAYS!!! :happydance:
 
Elanor, now that would be funny, have a bonesmart convention and all sit around stoned. Oh well, most are still on narcotics anyway. So who is bringing the munchies?
 
Jacky, are you going to join Elanor and me with some good old fashion pain management from the 60's and 70's?
 
He'll yea, I wouldn't miss it for the world! I'll bring the chocolate, ice cream, chips and dip, pizza and anything else I can get my hands on that we can eat! Oh, yea and lots of tissues to wipe our faces from the tears rolling down our faces from laughing over absolutely nothing!
Sound good! No self respecting pain would stick around us after that! :happydance: :egypdance: :cheers: :heehee: :rotfl: :loll: :snork:
And then... :zzz: :sleep:
 
Here it is 3 AM and I am ready to party! So where re you Jacky and Debbie? Sleeping I hope.
 
Likin the new name - can't think where the 1954 comes from?! I was thinking something like 'Debbie aka W.W' would be good!!!!
 
The 1954 is the year I was born. What is the WW that you thought I should have?
 
Wondering if any of you guys have this at your hospital. At my hospital they send out invitations for a reunion of joint replacements for the last few months. Mine is for a luncheon on Tuesday and we can bring one support person. At first I was going to not go as I have a drs. appointment in Madison (half hour away) for my thumb injections and I usually go shopping after. But decided to come back to town right away and meet with the others replacement people. I am curious as to how everyone is doing. I missed the one for my hip replacement as we were in AZ for the winter, so wanted to go to this one.
 
Debbie, an old question here, but I'm still using my raised toilet seat! My toilet is in it's own little room, so there is no vanity or any support other than putting my hand behind me on the tank, which I can do, but why bother! I'm managing, however, when I'm not at home. It's getting easier all the time. What I really need to do is get a new toilet that isn't so low - might as well make it easier. I tried removing it a few weeks ago, put it back, and will try again soon I suppose.
 
Come on Debbie - window cleaner extraordinaire!!!! Wonder Woman - that's you :happydance: . What a great idea to meet up with joint replacement contempories - we don't have that here.
 
Thanks Nyland! I appreciate it. :kittykiss: I think back in those college days I wished I had more of the love and sex though! How times change! :spin: Now I would just like a knee that doesn't hurt and that I can walk on!
 
Debbie, Nyland and Lisa, I think we all missed the boat on this one. I don't know about you gals but was taken out of commission when I just turned 17 yrs old ( in 1965) when Norm and I married, so all the Love, Sex and Rock & Roll was done at home minus the pot! :( Therefore, since I have new knees and no kids to raise I'm ready to Roll and get this party started, the only thing is I would have to do the pot part in pill form or my lungs would scream at me! Aging is for the birds! :skep:

Come on Nyland you know you want to join!

Yes Lisa, as for me at 3am I was tucked under the covers listening to my sons 2 dogs snoring in between my sleep spurts! :sleep:
 
You know I know there will be good days and bad days, but I feel my energy level has finally gotten back to normal. Look what I finished up today. I figured I haven't done the those windows in a couple years as it was too hard for me to climb the ladder before my hip replacement. My leg wouldn't rotate out and that is how I climb a ladder. I could actually move that ladder around myself too. Finally after moving into our house 11 years ago, I figured out a way to clean my beams. I use to drag that big ladder around and wipe them down, here I just took an old towel and put some holes in the ends and strung some twine string through it and it worked. The last picture is me taking it out on the roof. I climbed out the little window in the office out on the roof. It is a small window and you have to be pretty nimble to get out there. My mistake was doing it when Dave was gone. Dave said, "what if you would have gotten stuck" well, I knew he would be home in an hour or so...LOL So all my windows are clean except those three high ones on the outside, I WILL NOT climb a ladder three stories from our walk out basement to do those.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom