Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debbie, an old question here, but I'm still using my raised toilet seat! My toilet is in it's own little room, so there is no vanity or any support other than putting my hand behind me on the tank, which I can do, but why bother! I'm managing, however, when I'm not at home. It's getting easier all the time. What I really need to do is get a new toilet that isn't so low - might as well make it easier. I tried removing it a few weeks ago, put it back, and will try again soon I suppose.

I know how you feel. Our house has 3 bathrooms and one is a "chair height" as I wanted one when we remodeled last year because of the pain in my knee for the past several years. Thank goodness I did! I still have a thick pillow on my recliner to make it easier together out of, and I still have to push hard on the arms to get up. We'll get there! :gaah:
 
Debbie, when people talk about elevating the knee, I don't think it means climbing a ladder! :angel:
 
Toto comfort height with a bemis auto shut lid. 2 of the best! I grew up in the wholesale plumbing and heating business.:egypdance: In fact, our Dean of Students just redid all of her bathrooms with Totos. She told me that she thinks of me every time she tinkles. :rotfl:
 
Alright, now I know you are one crazy lady! :yikes: Although, I must say, I start shaking when I'm up three rungs up a ladder!

What if you would have gott'n stuck was one worry, however what if you would have slipped on that roof? :shocked: You are a mother's worse nightmare! How the heck would you be able to party with us if you're in a body cast?
 
I figure there's a slim chance I could get up the ladder, but there's no way I could get down. Awesome, Debbie! You should take those pictures to the reunion.
 
Jacky, no fears, I was always hanging onto the window ledge at all times. Also the roof is a 40 year roof, so it is really textured so not slippery. There was only one incident when I was climbing back into the house that my foot hit the bucket with my supplies and it tipped over and my bottle of Windex went half way down the roof. I thought great, now what. But I stepped back out and hung on tight to the window ledge and used one of the tools to help extend my reach and managed to snag the bottle. It just feels so good to feel almost normal again that I can do things for myself and finally thin enough to do them. Example crawl out that little window. Add 70 pounds on me and that would not have happened.
 
Okay, okay you won me over, but for god sakes can you please take it easy, you're giv'n me a heart attach over here! :groan:
 
Wow Debbie! Very impressive, if fool hardy! I imagine I could do the same, but I imagine I won't! Then again, I don't think I could climb out the window! I'm going to steal your photo and tip about cleaning the beams and send them to a friend. Did you use a ladder to place the towel over the beam?
 
Janet, nope, just threw it up and over. I easily could have went up the steps to the office and threw it out over the beam, but I wanted to see if I could throw it up there. Took a few attempts, but I did it. I just washed up the towels and clothes from washing the windows and I wound the twine around that towel so I wouldn't forget which one I used and I had cut already.
 
Wow, I am impressed. I asked my husband to put up a grab bar so that i could get out of our huge jacuzzi tub. I haven't used it because I doubt I can get in and out without hurting myself. It has granite steps. I thing if we got rid of the steps, I could at least get in, but not out. He asked me where I wanted the bars, and told him it would be great if he could rig some sort of a trapeze swing that I could grab onto and hoist myself out. We both laughed hysterically. (but I wasn't kidding! ;) You, Debbie, are now Daring and Amazing Debbie!
 
Went for my first 2 mile walk this afternoon. I would say that my stride is about what it was before surgery (3 mph) and my gait is much better. Then did my other home pt and rode my recumbent bike for 15 minutes. So I am elevating and icing and have the heat massage unit going. I even had a friend stop me when I was at the furthest point in my walk (we are out in the country) and she thought I was too far from home and wanted to know if I was ok and then wanted to know if I had a cell phone in case I needed help. Then ran into another lady from a subdivision near our house and she is much younger and was walking at a pretty good pace and I kept up with her while we talked and she thought I was doing really great for 2 1/2 months out.
 
Debbie,

That is fantastic! 2 miles! You should feel so good. Congratulations! :dancy: :cheers: :cocktail: :goodpost:
 
Wow Debbie, you are like 2 weeks ahead of me, and can walk two miles!! I have to chose what I want to do, walking or PT. Or modify how much of each I can do. My knee swells so much I really feel limited. But good for you girl!! You are doing great. I will be glad when I feel more back to normalwise especially with my knee. Hugs!
 
Hey Deb, you are one heck of a trooper! My goodness missy, you are moving in leaps and bounds! Good for you! You will be so ready for your winter in AZ. I hope Dave is going to be able to keep up to you! :)
 
Jacky, Dave is back hunting again, with a crossbow, so hoping other things will come along too....:whistle:
 
I'll ditch the ladder, but will want to swing from the chandelier Jacky.......:rotfl:
 
Play safe my friend! That is one thing you'll want to do again and again, especially with that new hip and new knee! :egypdance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom