Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, do you guys skip your home therapy or workouts if you do a bigger job around the house, like if you are raking or something more physical? For those of you that saw pictures of my house, I started to tackle washing my windows inside and out. I have most of the main level done this morning. Saving my bedroom for another day as I have to take curtains down and wash them. I still might do my walk out basement windows yet today unless the lazy bug wins out on me. For pt at home I do a 15 minute, one mile of a walking DVD and then 15 minutes on my recumbent and then my floor, or freestyle exercise. Wondering if I do everything will my knee scream at me. I am elevating and icing as I took at break at noon to watch my recorded soap.
 
Debbie,

I can't say as I have tackled any chores like that (nor plan to). :happydance:

But in my own case, I do not skip my strength training or stretches but might forgo my cardio. I have so much weakness in my hips and hip flexors that strengthening certain muscle groups is my number one goal right now. But this is just my body and I know what is needed based upon discussions with my PT and my various health issues. And I know that certain types of chores will not help me get stronger in those areas. That does not give you an answer, but maybe offers some guidance in making a decision? Also, I would say see how you feel afterwards. If you are really hurting then don't do anymore. Just my thought.
 
I haven't done home PT since my neck and BP went out of wack, never mind other chores. I can't believe you're doing all that physical work and PT too??????? Yikes, you're one strong lady! Me thinks if you do everything, and I was your knee, I'd throw you on the floor, never mind scream at you!:hissy: I would think at most maybe doing your extenions and flexion exercises, since you do still go to PT 2-3 times a week. Just my take! Don't go looking for trouble, it'll come and find you soon enough my dear friend!
 
Debbie,
Have you been reading Sonja's book on TKR recovry or something? Take it easy you really don't want to set yourself back after making such good progress.
 
Don't worry, I am not climbing ladders to wash these window. The big windows on the main floor but would be second story if washing from the outside, they actually spin around to wash. The three high up ones in my living room that I do need a 12 foot ladder to get to and from the outside are on the third story level because of a walk out basement. Well, they are filthy as they haven't been washed in over two years. I do have a washing kit that has a pole that I can use for the ones that I have to reach to wash, so I am staying on the floor, or from outside the ground. Most of my windows flip in to wash too, but sometimes it is easier to just do them from outside. You guys are like my 88 year old mother in law. Yesterday she told me a lady was advertising in the paper that she will wash windows for $10 an hour. Really a good rate, and she said I should hire her, but yet she is doing all her own window washing and she is raking her own leaves. My mom is also 88 and she climbs on ladders to wash her windows and also is raking her own leaves. Guess I come by it naturally.
 
Just have my bedroom (three windows and one sliding glass door) and the office and the three high windows to do. So did well today and didn't bother knee, iced it and then used the heated massager on it and it isn't angry with me, at least not yet.

I was thinking, or wondering should I say. How many of us found this web site in the middle of the night? I know I did, and I am glad I found it before my surgery. Bad thing about finding it at night and when I was in pain, is the name I gave myself it is just stupid. I couldn't think of anything in the middle of the night and Debbie was taken and didn't think to put a number that meant anything to me. Now I look at my name and it looks like I am a pot head or something.:doh:Wonder if it can be changed. Although the idea of medical marijuana has crossed my mind :sos:. Wonder if any of the moderators will read this can answer that question. I am a child of the 70's, so maybe that name fits...not really though, I was pretty straight laced believe it or not.
 
Debbie,
Regarding your window washing antics: I say this in the spirit of BoneSmart friendship. Are you nuts?!!?

Regarding the new interpretation of your name: :loll:
 
Aaaah the tales of window washing - my mum (in her eighties) fell from the draining board on her sink whilst cleaning her kitchen windows. She dislocated her elbow - but before calling the ambulance she got washed & changed into 'clean' clothes!! First I knew about it (90 miles away) was a call from the hospital saying she was there!!!! I guess it's good to be independent ..... ?
(ps - she died at home age 93, just as she always wanted)
 
Debbie_joints, yes the moderators can change your name as I saw a post where someone assked help with that but I can't remember who they tagged.
 
Ok, will give this a try. Jamie or skigirl could you please do me a huge favor and change my name from Debbie_joints to Debbie1954 if that is available. Like I said in an earlier post, I found this site in the middle of the night and was in pain and tired and wanted to get on and couldn't think of a name and that one popped into my head thinking of my joint problems, but now every time I see it I think people must think I am a pot head. Would appreciate it if it can be changed. Thanks so much if you can do this.
 
Debbie, Wish I had all your energy! So far all I have done is vacuuming, laundry. I do my exercise faithfully everyday. It seems I can not get past the five minute mark on the stationery bike, sometimes it's just too hot! on the other side I do do it three times a day. I'm walking farther and my rom is 110 , I have finally got through the night with out using ice:yay:I still bring it in with me just in case. I told my husband maybe next week I will try to come back to bed with him. I move around too much and I don't want to disturb his sleep. Have a good weekend.
 
Irregardless of what you change your name to. This will always be "Debbie'sJoint"!!:loll:
 
Debbie you are way too funny! :loll: You mean to tell me that you're not a pot head? :rotfl: The thought never crossed my mind, but once you said it..... :heehee: That explains that smile on you face! :whistle:
 
Debbie, yes i must admit i do most of my reading on here in the small wee hours when sleep will not come. to be jealous of those almost running around to those just days out of theatre. I really dont know what i would have done if i hadnt found the site. they say goodbye from hospital and get on with it. Ive never had an op before so really didnt know what to expect when i got home. this site saved me. and i love...... ice, elevate, medicate, and rest. wudnt have done any of those except perhaps rest. but cleaning windows...... na give that a miss for a while.
 
Thank you whoever fixed my name. No more "Pothead" for me. It is funny when I put my name as Debbie_Joints that knee joints and hip joints and all joints were hurting so that is what I thought of. But as I start to do more things I got to thinking it wasn't appropriate. Anyway, thank you whoever changed it.

Now for today I am crying Uncle. Dave and I did our mile walking DVD and then I decided to tear apart my bedroom. Washed the valances and sheers and then washed windows inside and out. Got down on the floor and used the extension on the vacuum cleaner to vacuum under the bed. I almost knelt on my knee. Caught myself before I did it. I haven't been able to get down on my belly to clean anything for years. Needless to say there were lots of dust bunnies under there. Then Dave wanted to go to Menards so I drove and picked up a window insulating kit. I use it for the two windows in my bathroom. It helps with the moisture on the windows. Dave needed me to help winterize the motor home too, so helped with that and I told him he had to help with those windows. Did he help....no, so he is making dinner now instead while I am elevating, icing and massaging. My knee isn't hurting too much, but my thumbs are screaming at me. I get injections in my thumbs on Tuesday and I can't wait. They really seem to help. I think the rest of the day will be just that...resting.
 
Gee Debbie, and you are asking me if I hurt???? :gaah: Couldn't you have done MORE chores today? :spin:
 
Debbie, I changed the name---you are welcome. I never thought of Debbie Joints as a pothead!1 LOL But, potheads do not have the energy that you do. Kelly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom