Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have BCBS and haven't had an issue, but a different contract I'm sure. Pre surgery I had 12 sessions. I started outpatient PT at three weeks post surgery and went for almost six weeks, probably 15 sessions. I requested more, and my PT wrote a new script dated for four weeks later, since I was going on vacation. So I stopped for four weeks, when I was at two months, and was at the same ROM going back as when I left, at 118/120. I then did another 17 sessions and was at 125/125 at the end. I think the insurance companies just operate such that the request has to show a need before they approve more. You'll have to sort out the insurance part, but my story here was more about that I took a month off and don't think it hurt me in the long run. You can keep up the stretches on your own if need be.
 
Went and talked to my therapist today and she said they will send the letter to the grievance and appeals people and she doesn't want me to stop while we wait for an answer. She will let me get the cash discount and if my insurance ok's it they will reimburse me for it.
Went with Dave to see his surgeon today. X-rayed and things looked good. While talking to the surgeon he noticed that Dave was moving his head way too much side to side and he told him to quit doing that. I think they should have put him in a hard brace instead of a soft brace. He has been good with not lifting things, but he is still a guy and a farmer that wants to do things. He goes over to the farm every day now, but does come home to rest.
 
Debbie,
Glad to hear you got things worked out with PT, that way progress won't be impaired. Also glad to hear Dave is doing well, he just needs a bit of patience to get thru it and it isn't near a long as what we are going thru. He needs to be still so that the fusion has a chance to take place and hold. As we all say here patience, patience, patience.
 
Debbie, so glad the ball is rolling for your cause! :thumb: also glad to hear that Dave's X-rays are looking good. Hopefully he'll take heed to the docs instructions and keep that neck from moving to much.

Life will be back to normal before you know, although you're not thinking that right now! Hang in there kiddo!

Stay well and stay positive my friend! :friends:
 
Debbie,

That is great about the PT and glad to hear Dave's news is good!
 
Jacky, it has helped a lot already. I hope he hit the right spot so it lasts now. You go Monday for your next injection right? Hope it will do the trick for you and you can avoid surgery.`
 
I hope that does it for you too! :thumb:
Strange as it may seem I look forward to Monday and hope it's all I need too!

How's Dave doing? Getting closer to normal I hope! :thumb:
 
Jacky....NORMAL....well, that is questionable. He is down to just tramadol during the day so that is good. He had a board meeting tonight so I told him to be really careful driving and he said he would only turn right leaving the place where there is more traffic (not much this time of night anyway) He was gone more then he was home today so yes he is getting better. Blood pressure was still high, at least the bottom number was. 145/100. You know what I told him would release that pressure.... :heehee:
 
Oh yes Deb, that would do the trick! I know it lowered mine! :whistle: He does not need to move his neck for..... I suppose we are a lot like a pressure cooker! :heehee:
 
Clawed my way up the goniometer today at PT. Hit 108 today. Slowly but surely the knee is loosening up. She really did some knee manipulation today, but not that painful. Also, can you please keep my brother in law in your thoughts and prayers. My sister is staying with me while her husband is at the university hospital. He had a heart cath done and they had to put him in ICU as the pressures for his heart aren't good. Trying to bring them down with meds, but if that doesn't work he might have to have an LVAD put in, which is a pump for his heart that is on the outside of his body. Plus he needs to start home dialysis. Not good. My poor sister.
 
Real good to hear about the bend in your knee, Debbie. But so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Please God he makes a good recovery and yes, your poor sister.
 
Hi Deb, glad to hear you and Dave are doing better.

So sorry to hear your brother in law isn't well. Prayers for comfort and peace for he and your sister.

Be well,

Dawn
 
Deb glad to hear a bout your knee ,you have all my prayers for your sister and brother_nlaw.
 
Deb, congrats on your 108 bend! :yay:

So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, and all my prayers for his well being and your sister's strength! :angel:

Stay well and positive my friend! :friends:
 
Thank goodness my knee is behaving itself as I am having 7 people staying overnight here. So getting the house ready. All bedrooms are ready enough, this is just family. My sister and her three kids and spouses. One of the spouses birthday is today, so I went out and got fixings for a birthday including Dairy Queen cake. I took my sister back to the hospital (45 minutes away) and stayed with her until her husbands brother and sisters and spouses came. I didn't want my sister to be alone. So many things coming at you about the possible heart transplant and what can be done until, and if there is one available. So anyway, my knee was good running around getting all the errands done and then cleaning up at home and then I could feel it starting to complain and I said enough, and sat my butt down and knee up and icing it and will get the massager out in a second. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for my BIL and family.
 
Holy crimine, this is a tough one, I so feel for your whole family!:angel: You are a great sister, bless you Debbie, I'm sure watching your sister and her family go through this is very hard on you as well!:console2:

Stay well my friend, and many prayers go out to you and your family!
 
Oh, my goodness, your poor sister. You are being such a wonderful supportive sister Debbie. All this, and your knee too..
Please know we are all thinking of you and your family through this. :friends:
 
Deb, I hope all is going well with you and your family! Please remember we care very much, and pray for the best for all!

Stay well my friend! :console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom