Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debbie.....what a gorgeous place!!! No wonder you love it there. Are you close to a town or do you have quite a drive for shopping and entertainment?
 
Jamie, it is less then 10 minutes to town. Not a big town, but there are a couple nice size grocery stores and hardware stores. If I want clothes I have to drive to Madison which is about 30 minutes away. So not too bad. I love the peacefulness out here in the country. There is a housing development about a quarter mile away. We have just under 70 acres around our house, and then of course more over at the farm. The farm was a great place to raise the kids. Always something for them to do, to keep busy, or entertained. But now with the kids gone, I like my privacy and we don't have the people that work for us coming in our house day and night to ask questions. Funny how smart they got after we moved off the farm..LOL
 
Very nice Debbie! What a spread, I would never leave it, and I bet your family loves to be there with you! The dining chairs on wheels is a great idea, looks very comfortable!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Thank God for my vibrator..........:blush:.........no, not that vibrator, I am talking about my hand held double headed heated massage thingy...:heehee: I was at two pig roasts today that I stood for a couple hours or more at each one and lucky got to come home between them so I quick threw on a iced gel pack and velcro'd that on my knee and then took that heated vibrator and stuck it under my knee and then calf and then thigh muscles. I had been pretty stiff, and that is just loosening it right up again. But then again, because of Dave being out of commission I could use a...............but that is a whole other story.........
 
Deb, there is to little respect for vibrators! :) Two pig roasts in one day? Yikes! I have never been to one and I know that it is on my most want to do list! Again, vibrators don't get enough respect, our knees love them! :heehee: Or is it our needs? :heehee:
 
"Thank god for my vibrator"... For a minute there I thought I was in the wrong forum! :happydance:
But the pig roasts sound like great fun.
 
SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE
THAT IS WHAT ______ ____ ___ ____ __ I am so excited, April 2nd can't come soon enough for me. I can't believe they found out at the 16 week ultrasound.
 
Woohoo Debbie, your home is, well, awesome! Have you a spare room? :heehee:

Good to hear that you don't need a MUA after all and you are doing very well. Well done you :thumb: And also good to hear that Dave is doing well too. All seems to be going very well - fandabidozy :flwrysmile:
 
Debbie,
Seems like very thing in is the pink for you today, congrats. I guess we won't be hearing to much from you around March and April, but at least we will know where you are.
 
That is funny Teresa, we had talked about that. Well, for a relative that was alone and had a hip replacement. I told my husband that we should have had him come to our place and he nixed that idea right away.
 
Wondering what I should do. I only have three more PT sessions left that my insurance will pay for. My surgeon said he would write a note to ask for more. So I called the insurance company Blue Cross Blue Shield and asked how to go about seeing if I could get more. The lady told me that I was limited to 20, but I could have the therapist send a letter to the grievance committee and tell them why they feel I need more. They then will decide if they will allow it. I asked how long that would take and she said up to 30 days. My therapist will let me pay cash at a much reduced rate of only $70 per session if they don't have to deal with insurance. So a couple questions, should I continue my twice weekly therapy at $70 a pop, do I wait and see if insurance will cover and possibly lose ground, do I cut back to once a week? Ok, three questions. What do you think? Or, fourth question, do I just let nature takes its course and hopefully slowly gain ROM. Extension I am at 3 and down to 0 with a slight push from therapist and extension was only at 103 today, but 106 a few days ago.
 
I am going to be facing the same thing soon, running out of PT sessions. I think the answers depend somewhat on the type of person you are. Do you feel self-motivated enough to continue the PT on your own? Are you a member of a health club where you might feel more motivated to do the exercises and/or have a personal trainer you could work with who can continue some of what PT is doing for you? Does your therapist think you need to continue? That, to me, might be the determining factor, especially if you do not think you will continue the PT on your own.
 
Deb, you've got some very good questions there. How about getting the ball rolling on the grievance committee through your PT now, since you have 3 sessions left, which in turn will eat up some of those 30 days for that to be settled with the insurance company. Then if and when you don't get a favorable response from the insurance company before your 3 sessions are up you can do PT and pay the $70 per session and wait for the insurance response, this way you wouldn't lose ground with your progress. Also you can alternate doing PT one week do 2 sessions then the next week 1 session, so on and so forth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom