Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine, just wondering do you know of many cases where a person could react to hydrocodone or oxycodone with extreme high blood pressure? We are trying to figure out why my husband after his C5 &C6 anterior cervical discectomy with fusion is experiencing really high blood pressure. Before going to hospital, it was slightly elevated and he had been taking Benazepril 5mg a day. After surgery his blood pressure was high 190's/high 90's. They increased his medication to 10mg. We thought it was from the pain as his bp did that after having a kidney stone and had to be put under and have it blasted. It eventually went down. He came home from hospital experienced what we thought was a UTI and still high bp so took him to ER and no UTI but did increase his Benazepril to 20mg a day. Took him to clinic next day and doc changed back down to 10mg of Ben. and added 5mg of Amlodipine Besylate. Been on that for 2 days now and still high. Went for a bp check yesterday and when he is seated and relaxed it runs 172/92 then nurse had him stand and it was 138/80. Today at home here I take it and tonight it was 163/112 sitting, and 134/80 standing. He does not feel light headed or faint when he stands up. I thought maybe the numbers would start to go down as his pain is getting lighter. So trying to figure out if it is the medication, or anesthesia or what could cause this. I know you aren't a doctor, but wondered if you seen this in all your years as a nurse. He is going back to the doctor on Monday. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
 
Could be renal. I just had issues with UTI, fever and blood pressure off the wall. Changed my blood pressure med, blood pressure went too low. Started on yet another blood pressure med and now it is perfect. Is he on blood pressure medication?
 
vicledsome, yes before surgery he was on 5mg of Benazepril then after hospital, ER and clinic visits he is now on 10mg of Beazepril and 5mg of Amlodipine Byslate.
 
Sorry, Debbie - pharmaceuticals is rather outside my sphere of expertise - except for basic pain meds, of course.
 
Hi Jacky, I am doing well, gained another degree in PT today so am at 106. Chantel (my new therapist) was hoping for 110 as she said I needed that by 8 weeks, and I said wasn't I suppose to be at that at 6 weeks and she checked and sure enough I was. But I told her I am behind because of the bad therapy I got at the hospital, at leas the hand off therapy. I told her I am happy how things are going and I know the doc won't do the manipulation anymore.

Dave is doing ok. Had a much better bp reading last night and more elevated this morning. Went to his doc this morning and was 150/94. So they talked about how pain makes his bp go up and how it would be good for him to lose some weight. He is at 213 now, down from his heaviest at 229. So doc said that is good, go slow and that will help me keep my pounds off too. We can work together.

How about you, are you still having any reactions to your injection? Did you get your relief yet? I get my shoulder one on Wed. Can't wait and hope it helps this time. Wonder why the first one worked for 6 months or more and the second one only lasted a couple months. I am afraid he is going to say he wants to shave off that bone spur. Did you ever have that done? Thanks for checking on us.
 
Hey that's great at least numbers are moving up, that's a positive!:thumb:
Isn't that just like a doctor to mention his weight when the man is down already, cheezzzz!:gaah: I'm sure he doesn't much feel like eating now anyway! I would hate it when I would go to the docs and they would weight me first then take my BP, what they heck did they think was going to happen, worse yet their scales are always wrong!:heehee: This year I went to a new OBGYN and before I left she says "next year when I see you, I want to see you under 200lbs", I said, I'd like to see that too. In my head I'm saying, what the hell is wrong with you, didn't I just tell you that I am in so much pain with my knees that I can't do anything physical until they're fixed. MORONs are everywhere I tell ya!:hairpulling:
You and Dave know what you want to do, weight wise, and you don't need some water ant to rain on your parade, one thing ata time my friend one thing ata time!

The tummy is still yucky, but no more headache or pressure behind the eyes. I feel some relief, but very little. I could move my neck a little easier, however I believe I'll need a second shot and hopefully I'll see better results.

The only bone spur I had shaved were on my knees when I had arthroscopic surgery on them. I would not look forward to it in my shoulders, however if it gets rid of the pain then a womans gotta do what a womans gotta do. I hope the shot works longer for you this time. These shots are not fun no matter where on your body they give them. I've had them in my hip and my knee and now my neck, is there no part on our bodies sacred anymore!:scratch:
 
Checking in here. Went and saw OS yesterday for two reasons. Had a steroid injection in my shoulder, sure hope it helps like the first time and then he talked about my knee and me switching physical therapists. He was happy with my progress with the new therapist and said that no he would not do a MUA like the first therapist said I would need. He did say he would like to see me get to at least 110, to 120 minimum. I had a bad day yesterday, lots of pain, from either over doing it myself, or a new move in therapy. Chantel (my therapist) modified that move she was afraid that made my knee growl at me. But at least I didn't lose flexion like I thought I would. I have been sleeping better and not having to have the tv on all night in my bedroom. There is hope for all of us TKR people yet. Dave is getting better and now he finds when he does to much he pays the price. His blood pressure is still up too far. So he has cut back a lot on his portions, so I hope that will help him.
 
Debbie,
Thanks for the reports for you and Dave. Glad to hear NO MUA, I'm sure that brought you some relief. Happy to hear Dave is coming along better and hope the BP straightens out soon.
 
Debbie, I'm so happy to hear that your OS didn't think you need MUA, that's great! :thumb: I so hope your shoulder injection works for you, you guys have gone through enough for one year, actually you've had enough for a life time for sure. Sorry you had to go through a bout of pain, a growling knee is not pleasant at all. I hope your knee settles down shortly, however I'm glad it didn't set you back in your flexion. And, you're getting better sleep without the TV, nice! :thumb:
I'm glad to hear Dave is doing better and that he is learning his limitations, which we all have to learn as we age, it sucks! :scratch: How fragile we are! I hope his BP comes into check soon just for both of your piece of mind.

I hope you feel better soon my friend! :friends:
 
Hi Jacky, yes the new furniture came. Love the new kitchen set, so nice and comfy. PT went ok last time, didn't progress, but didn't regress either. I seem to do that all the time, stay at the same numbers for a couple weeks before I get more. Here is the new kitchen set.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Wow, that is nice! I love your view outside too! I'd never leave that table for goodness sakes!
Glad to see you haven't regressed. How often do you have PT?

I sent you a PM.
 
Wow, that room looks nice! Love the doors to the balcony and the view! Glad you're holding steady.
 
Jacky, I have pt twice a week. I have been laying off of any home exercise after my knee was pretty sore and it is starting to come around again. Don't have to go to pt until Tuesday. Here are a few more pics outside my home. I love it here.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Holy schmoley, no wonder you love it there! It looks like an estate. When you've said you live on a farm, this is not what I pictured.
 
Our farm is about 2 1/2 miles away. I lived on the farm for 25 years, and Dave was there for over 50 years. He always dreamed about a place in the country off the farm in the woods. It is kind of big for the two of us, but when building on that property, we didn't want just a little cabin of a house, besides, my farm house was pretty big and then where would I go with all my stuff...LOL
 
Jeb is right, Holy schmoley! We live large on the farm, business is good ya!:thumb: Talk about not seeing the neighbors! Very, very nice!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom