Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you missed your meds, but you must realize your plate is quite fll right now for sure, so please don't beat yourself up! :console2:

It looks like you hooked up with the right girl for Pt. She sounds very knowledgable, which is great! Onward recovery!

Is Dave expected to stay in the hospital long? I hope you two get a goodnights sleep my friend! :friends:
 
Dave made it through surgery. Was in there 3 hours. Doc said took long to go through another neck surgery scar. Said he wanted to go above other scar, but then cut through it. Repaired and spaced out the two vertebrae and he is still in pain but the magic of morphine is starting to work on him. He can't lift anything heavier then a gallon of milk for 6 weeks and can't turn his head. How the heck am I going to keep him from doing that. I told the surgeon in private to really lay it on the line with him that if he doesn't do that that he will end up with a bad neck again. I don't think Dave wants to go through this again. So anyway, thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
 
Debbie,
Glad to hear Dave came thru just fine. You have to make him behave himself or he will pay for it and we don't want to see that happen. Thanks for letting us know so soon how thing went. Will he be going home tomorrow??
 
Rose, they say he can go home tomorrow. They haven't gotten him up yet, but should be soon.
 
Deb, I'm so glad all went well with the surgery. Would one of those neck braces, like the foam ones they sell in the stores help him not move his head? As far as not picking up anything heavier than a gallon of milk might be a challenge, I know it would be for me.

Hopefully he ill be patient enough to follow strict directions. Thanks for getting back to us! Now get some rest, I'm sure you're worried, but you must stay well and positive my friend! Take something extra for sleep, you need it or else you mind will race at full speed!
 
Debbie,
Sometimes the DR will put him in a soft neck collar for a period of time some don't, just like our knee thingys one dr. does it one way and sime another. And if he lifts anything heavier than he should, well lets just say he won't do it a second time. When I had my last one done before they got me to the bed in my room I had to go to the bathroom so bad I just took a stroll and went, within about an hour I was strolling the halls so they could see I was doing well and could go home the next day. The only problem I had was that I itched all over (felt like little bugs crawling on me0 so badly I thought I would lose my mind, they tried benadryl without much luck. Sometime after that my PM DR. discovered that I was allergic to lidocaine and that must have been the problem, so now all we can use is marcaine.
 
Good luck with all this extra medical stuff to deal with. Sounds like you and Dave need a little help to get through these next few weeks. That way neither of you will overdo it and end up with regrets later. Much easier to say than do of course!

In any case, all good wishes for better health to find you both!

Dawn
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
Debbie, happy to hear your hubby's surgery is over and done, and he's now on the way to recovery. Men do tend to be really demanding (and sometimes wimpy) patients. Please be sure that you don't overdo too much. Sending all the healing vibes I have your way for both of you.
 
Debbie joints
Haven't heard from you today. How is Dave doing? Is he home yet? Hope all is going well. Please let us know, we really do care about both of you.
 
What a day......:sigh: thought Dave could come home this morning, so I went in by 8 or so and he had a bad night lots of pain. This man does not complain of pain ever, so I know he was hurting. His blood pressure was really high averaging 200/100 and they gave him 3 times IV meds to try and bring it down. His bp always goes high when he is in pain. So finally let him go home at 4 and then tonight he thought he was getting a UTI, so called nurse who called doc and he wanted him to go to ER. So back to the hospital. No UTI, but bladder is having spasms so gave him meds for that and increased his other bp meds more. Please pray he doesn't blow a gasket tonight. He is so tired, me too.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
With any luck you will both sleep the night which will do wonders for both of you. Praying for both of you and sending all the positive healing vibes I can your way. God bless you both. Judy
 
Awe Deb, (((((((hugs))))))))! I hope you and Dave had a decent night sleep. I also hope that his BP is regulated to a more normal range, high BP is scary for sure.

Stay well my friend and stay positive, soon things will be better for both of you! Hang tight!:friends:
 
Oh goodness, I do hope that things begin to look up for you and Dave very soon. I am praying for you both! (((((hugs)))))
 
Deb, how are you and Dave this morning? I hope all is well. I just wanted to let you know that you are very much in our thoughts and on our minds. Wishing you both the best ((((((hugs))))))!:console2:
 
Thanks Jackie, been a tough few days here, but getting along. Dave's bp seemed like it was coming down this morning but just took it now and back up to 195/100. I have to take him to the clinic for a bp check and they said if it was bad he would have to see the on call doc. As for me, I took time for myself (son was here to keep an eye on Dave) and I went to PT and finally with the new therapist and lots of hands on massage I got to 105 with just me doing it. That will show you Jim, the old pt guy who was not a hands on person. there is hope for me yet. Thanks for checking on me. I have been terrible with keeping up with everyone, I am so sorry if I am missing something and not commenting on posts. I will be back, just need to get Dave through this.
 
You go girl, with that number, good for you!:thumb: Don't worry about missing anything, your main goal right now is Dave and you, your plate is full my dear! I hope Dave turns a corner soon for both your sakes!

Stay well and stay positive my friend! ((((hugs)))) :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom