THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No plastic ring. I'll probably leave it as is. I'll use it to my advantage to not let anyone mess with me or I'll whack 'em with my sabre!


[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
 
Poppet, what can I say. Steve is a perfect gentleman. He constantly holds my hand and matches my stride with every step. He never tires and he never complains about which shops to go to. I just wish he would offer to hold my purchases for me :)

If he were the absolutely perfect gentleman he'd PAY for your purchases?
 
I would rather have the hand holding myself.. Hahaha!
 
Wow, Tammy, you put me to shame with all that walking!!! I'd LOVE to be shopping like you have been.....living in the rural area I do, it's not happening! We have a "mall" 30 miles away that has maybe 20 stores; otherwise the closest "real" mall is 110 miles away!

I've got to ask, what are ad/abductor machines? The Wellness Center where I exercise has a couple treadmills, free weights, a couple weight machines (brain freeze, can't remember what the ones with pulleys are called), several bikes and an eliptical. I was given the go-ahead for exercising there, so will be going back tomorrow for the first time. I love the eliptical....when I first started I could barely do 30 seconds, but had worked my way up to about 20 minutes on it before I had to quit exercising because of the pain. I'm anxious to see how I do now!
 
Hi Suz,

The machine looks like this:

[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!


After completing the exercise shown above where you have to squeeze your legs together, you put a pin in the machine, place both legs inside the pads and then have to spread your knees.

Girls, I have to admit that Steve seems to be a bit of a free-loader. He has never once offered to pick up the check. We went to a big Flea Market yesterday morning and spent about 2 hours walking around. He stayed with me every step of the way, but for some reason, he refuses to let me lead.
 
You complain about him, but I can tell you secretly love him dearly? :heehee:
 
I mean Steve, not the adductor machine ;-)
 
Good call Sissy....went to read fartingdog thread and see Josephine had already grabbed ahold of him. Poor man doesn't know what he is in for.
 
Tammy, wanted to take a moment to thank you for all your support, it is amazing the camaraderie that froms. I hope you and Steve are doing well, but also that as the New Year hits, Steve will begin to take a backseat, unless he does start paying fro purchases as Sooty says. Happy New Year friend
 
Thank you Beth. I was just thinking the same thing. I am so thankful for the friendship and support I have found on this forum. I commmented on sissy46 thread that it is amazing how we started with just reading each other's threads and offering bits of encouragement while we each worked independently through our own recoveries. Then, the teasing and fabulous moral support started (and continues). I know that my recovery would have been so much more traumatizing for me had I felt alone and unsupported. You Warriors are what has made this journey so much easier and for that I will be eternally thankful. Despite how far we go in our recovery stories, I intend to stay in touch with you all for you have all become friends.

 
Hi Tammy, just wanted to say Happy New Year. I'm officially at 7 weeks tomorrow. Last week, I celebrated by walking with Yogi (my Newfi). You're right, he usually walks me. He's so big (150lbs) and strong he can yank a person off their feet. I let him "save" me once, but since I can swim, the experience turned into a free tow to shore with my arm in his mouth. While better than drowning, I realized how painful it must feel to be bitten really hard by a dog. He was going easy on me, but I couldn't dislodge my arm from his mouth. I told my wife that she could be the rescue dummy next time. Sometimes, I swear he puts ideas in my head (i.e. sharing my food, etc). We had a lot of snow and ice the past few days, so I had to take a break til some of it clears. Please take it easy with the exercises (cross training), it sounds like a tough regimen. Life is nice without the cane, I have 2 hands to carry things.
 
Thanks for the clarification, Tammy! I've seen the machine, just didn't know what it was called!

limpingaround, my sister has a part lab/part newfi. Midnight used to take Dad for a walk, when he still used the cane. He was so good, never pulled him, just kept the perfect pace. Now that Dad uses a walker he can't take him out, but they are still best buddies. I was worried about Dad tripping over the big monster, but he'll move for Dad when he won't for anyone else! LOL
 
Damn! Were your ears burning yesterday? I was telling a friend about your exploits and escapades, and I think when I am too old to remember anything else about this forum experience, I'll remember your dress code (no boobs, no bellies, no butts) and the lovely Dress Code Violation outfits---and your wild times on the scooters.
Are you still recovering from New Year's Eve?:martini:
 
sissy46, my ears regularly burn. It goes with the job. LOL.

I took Bandit to therapy again yesterday. I had to climb those wooden steps that are sitting in the corner. You know the ones I am talking about. They are wooden, have hand rails on both sides, 4 steps and a landing at the top. I had to go up and down them 15 times. Well guess who else decided that he needed to do them too? I kept telling Bandit that they didn't go anywhere, but everytime I went up, so did he. Everytime I went down...here he came.

Not sure why, but hitting a wall emotionally this week. Got really frustrated with not being able to walk without limping, having to use this cane for every step, really wanting to stretch my wings in therapy and feel like they are holding me back, etc. I thought that at this point in my recovery, I would be so much further ahead than I am. Aahhh! Held a pity party for one last night.

Therapist told me that they are going to be putting in a request for more visits! Crud!
 
Hi Tammy-
You have probably just hit a bit of a plateau. It can get really frustrating, especially since you had more restrictions than you were expecting to begin with. For me even though logically I know why I might be behind where I expected to be, it can be emotionally difficult.

Also, I just noticed you said you were doing multiple stairs. Seems like not that long ago, you couldn't do the one 4 inch step, so this is big progress, right? I think AussieMike said that keeping a journal has really helped him, so he can see that he really is progressing, even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it.

Bandit sounds like quite the therapy companion! So cute for him to keep you company :)
 
Thanks Nerdgrrl. Perhaps you are right. I am still working on mastering the 4 inch step in a side step. I am unable to go up or down the stairs without gripping both handrails. Tried yesterday to go up with one hand on the rail...no joy! Trying to keep in mind that it takes twice as long to develop muscles as it does to deteriorate.

Bandit is a great therapy companion, but he doesn't stick by me too much as there are lots of others he wants to check out. However, he is a lot of fun and loves going with me. On the days where I go without him...the first thing the girls want to know is "where is Bandit?"
 
Thank you for honestly sharing how it's going Tammy and HANG IN THERE! I had my weight restriction lifted from 10% to 50% yesterday and I'm SO champing at the bit to to more than I can. Nearly fell down the stairs today 'cause I was so excited I didn't need to hang on to the railing anymore and tried going down just on crutches (much quicker!), I can't even stand on the operated leg anymore, lost my balance. I had a visitor at the time who nearly freaked out, and me 'ha ha no problem, just a but clumsy'. BUT I'M SO HAPPY I can put weight on that leg! Just to stand on that foot, it's wonderful, I feel like I got my leg back after 6 weeks. And I so know through all the experiences of these forum members that the wake-up call will come, probably again and again. But I'm seriously going to take one day at a time (don't quote me on this please :tada: I'm on a high now). I'll post a complete update plus x-rays on my thread.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom