Guest viewing is limited

THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas yall. Its nice to not hurt when i get up and sit down. I was in alot of pain before. Ok to clairfy i o not have any insurance. Trying to get this without it is hard i have a seasonal job even though im a supervisor i dont make much. My wife and two of my daughter's are in collage. Things are tight. I went and talked to Vocational Rehabilitation they help people with disabilities get medical help so they can find work. But in my case they helped me get my hip fixed so i could keep a job. I try and tell everyone about Vocational Rehabilitation its a great service and most people have never heard of it. They have paid for everything. So a great Christmas present.
 
It certainly is good to be free of the bone on bone pain VB.. Good for you :)
 
Tammy, hope you are having a ball with the kids and grandkids today! It's downright balmy in the upper 60's! Do Bandit and the boys get extra ice cream today?? Merry Christmas! :reindeers:
 
This girl is T-I-R-E-D! Did the whole family thing on Christmas. Followed it up with a trip to the outlet mall to take advantage of the after-holiday sales. Spent several hours walking around the mall with Steve. Then followed that up with a 90 minute PT session. Can now go down stairs foot over foot like normal people. Going up is another story entirely. Still trying to master side step ups with the 4" box.

Today, one of my daughters and I traveled to sissy46 neighborhood. We hit 2 outlet malls in Orlando. Got there when they opened and spent the day. Lots and lots of walking. Didn't buy much....did enjoy people watching though. Wow are there some real freaks out there. Then, the girl child wanted to stop off at our local mall on the way home. 3 malls in one day. Whew! Steve is a trooper...he hung with me every step of the way. He didn't even mind when I threatened to use him to trip some inconsiderate shoppers.

Therapy again tomorrow at 9:00 am.... Bandit is going with me again. He is really enjoying my rehab :puppysmooze:.

Weather here today was a brisk 62 degrees in the sun. Brrrrr.....

Tammy
 
I fear that Steve is a bad influence on you, and is leading you into the danger zone. What was he thinking, taking you into those awful outlet malls? You're not kidding there are some freaks out there. I wish Steve had been with me in Publix yesterday when some old guy slammed his cart right into my new hip. "Son of a (expletive deleted)" I hollered, "that is my new hip!" Came home an iced for good measure, but no apparent harm done. It did hurt, though. So having a Steve around is a good idea.

I went bike riding today. Saw a beautiful red tailed hawk, and two eagles doing the wild thing way up top an electrical pylon. It was chilly, but a beautiful afternoon.
 
Oh Sissy....I love the outlet malls. Since I missed out on the Black Friday sales, I just had to hit up the shops for the after-Christmas sales. Not to mention that since I am on vacation, I have been a bit worried about not keeping my activity levels (ie: walking) up to the same levels as I did at work. Next week I am being evaluated again to see if I can scale back the PT to twice a week instead of 3x, with the understanding that I will do my exercises at home between appointments. My doctor gave me the approval to start going back to the gym after the New Year. I can not wait to hit the ad/abductor machine and really work those muscles. Not to mention start doing lunges and squats again....those do amazing things to your butt muscles :)
 
Damn! Warrior!

Should I be getting concerned about your relationship with Steve?

I suspect the two of you, just love to 'shop till you drop' ??? :)
 
Poppet, what can I say. Steve is a perfect gentleman. He constantly holds my hand and matches my stride with every step. He never tires and he never complains about which shops to go to. I just wish he would offer to hold my purchases for me :)
 
what a gentleman... Mmmm! Officer and Gentleman....
 
Tammy, when Steve starts carrying your packages, then we need to wonder about your relationship. :heehee: Whew you're still running laps around us! Between you and Vilebyrd burning up those malls and brushing it off like it's child's play!! AMAZING job warrior. Hope you and Bandit hav a great session tomorrow!
 
Steve is a trooper...he hung with me every step of the way. He didn't even mind when I threatened to use him to trip some inconsiderate shoppers.

I think Steve is your Sabre warrior! I asked hubby to put some black electrical tape on my cane to keep it from rattling when I use it trying to be stealth, and he refused because he said he wants other people to hear me coming so they can get out of my way. He then said "Shake your sabre, baby!" :rotfl:
 
Damn, I envy you the walking, but not the shopping. If I nver stepped into a mall or outlet store, I do not think I would miss it, but I could definetly live sissy46, life hiking, paddling and kayaking everyday. Let me know if you need me to whack anyone at that market, as I still have my elbow crutch
dede62, yes, you need to be able to have your cane stealthified(new Word) so you can sneak up on warrior antagonist, also on the serious side, I would always tighten up my elbow crutches before walking in meetings, as it disturbs the whole room.
 
Oh, y'all---milk it!:heehee: make those things as noisy as possible so everyone will look and feel sorry for you.

bellaroma I got through all my Christmas shopping without ever going in a store. I hate shopping! give me the river and the woods and the trails, any day.
 
Mine does have a screwed cap on the bottom of the top section, but it's tightened all the way and it' s almost like it is more to cover the sharp bottom edge of the 'pole' rather then used for tightening. Of course I might have purchased a defective one.
 
dede62 , there is a split plastic ring, about 1/4" wide, inside the screw cap that is supposed to collapse and grip the bottom part of the cane when you tighten the cap. Maybe yours is missing. If you're handy, you could probably make something to replace it, or even just wrap some tape, elastic or string around there and tighten the cap.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom