Guest viewing is limited

THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh the new toy sounds grand!!

Still not washing/drying clothes yet (or carrying anthing to and fro) but I stood at the dryer and folded clothes. In fact, they're still there... gotta take care of that! The last basket was taken up unfolded and by the time I got to it of course everything was wrinkled...good thing it was just underwear and t-shirts that could be folded and the wrinkles won't be so bad when we wear them around the house...

I went to the bakery on Sunday and worked on some kumihimo friendship bracelets on Monday. Pretty mindless work once the pattern is set up... Pictures of the croissaants are on my thread... I jumped in the scale this morning after the last few days of indulgence and I'm still at my pre-surgery weight. :egypdance: Can't wait to get moving more and get the rest of the excess off!


[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
 
Hi everyone!

It was my 6 week hip anniversary yesterday. Where does the time go?

Started this week off with a bang! Had to recoup a bit last night. I DROVE MYSELF TO WORK yesterday. Worked a full day, then went to our Holiday Party after work. Whew! Wiped out by the time I got home. Went back to work today and followed it up with another 2 hour pT appointment. Still using 1 crutch...hope to switch to the cane hopefully next week. The PT will not put any resistance on the exercise bike. Still working on mastering that BIG 4" step up. Still have that nasty burning pain on the outside of the thigh. Got a whole slew of exercises to do at home/work.

Narrowed down my secretary search to the top 4 candidates. I am bringing them back for another round of interviews on Thursday and will extend an offer (hopefully) the same day. PTL! I held 24 interviews in the last few days. Wow! There are some real weirdos out there. Loved the lady who came in and said she was applying for the job because she hates her current job and boss. When I asked her how her attendance was at her job, she told me "good." Since she works in my district, I was able to look it up in the computer....she missed more than 70 days last year. Another girl told me she was a Chaplain and would only pray with the students "behind closed doors." Ummm NO.

Have another PT appointment tomorrow after work. This one will involve compiling a progress note for me to take to my OS appointment on Thursday morning. Tee hee...I see the OS to get "cleared to return to work." Whoopsies! Way ahead of him.

Three more work days this week and then I am on a 2 week vacation.

How about the rest of you all?
Tammy
 
Hi Tammy, glad your pain is easing (somewhat?). I ditched my walker after about a week and moved onto the cane. In my area, they don't like crutches. Wow, your pt sessions are long, mine are 30 min (except for pool 45min). I've been lucky, I can walk without cane and can do stairs with no problem. Nice to hear those military DRs took care of you. You're braver than me, I retired after 30 yrs and only want private practice DRs working on me. I'll post a funny story about a friend of mine that was in Special Forces and had some surgery courtesy of the VA. I use to live in Tarpon Springs years ago.
Good luck
 
Hey Limping, the only military doctor I see is my primary. They are contracting out the primaries and actually have civilian doctors working at the base clinic. She is the one who processed my referral to a civilian specialist. My doctor belongs to the Florida Orthopaedic Institute. A wonderful place...that's for sure.

My father used to live in Tarpon Springs. I used to take the kids down to the Sponge Docks when they were younger and then lunch at a place called Pappas. Yummy Greek food.

Those PT sessions are something else. I go for 2 hours, 3 times a week. Whew! I can feel a difference in my hip and leg. I am getting stronger each day. Although the 2 sets of 12 squats are a bit tough. I remember a month prior to surgery, I was doing at least 100 squats a day and going below parallel.....ah....someday!

I am working toward being able to play softball again this summer. So, I'm going to keep going to PT, doing my exercises and get ready for softball season. I will refrain from telling you the name of the team I am on as sissy46, dede62, nerdgrrl and bellaroma already think I am a delinquent :angel:
 
Wow! Sounds like you are doing really well! What position do you play in softball? Fast pitch or slow? I used to play outfield (mostly) until I did my shoulder in, can't really throw that far any more.

Isn't it great to drive yourself? Such a feeling of freedom! I bet you will progress quickly with the PT since you were in good shape before surgery.

I start work tomorrow, but then take most of next week off, since I have some vacation that I have to use or lose.
 
Tammy, your schedule is 1) wearing Me out; and 2) making me feel like one of the world's biggest slackers! I've never heard of a 2 hr PT session before. Did you specifically request that or did they set it up that way? My in-home PT is lucky to take 30 minutes. Any outpatient PT I've had previously have only been an hour... Hopfully you'll give yourself a break before your break!!

Sounds like you're narrowing down the secretary prospects! Good luck with that!!

Looks like three of us have follow-ups on Thurs (Nerdgrrl, you, and me). Still waiting to hear how Beth's appointment went today. Big week for the Warriors.
[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
 
Inquiring minds want to know: what's the name of the softball team?

I'm 12 weeks post-op yesterday. Celebrated with a long bike ride at a state park and saw three young bobcats. Going kayaking today, the 12 mile trip we postponed due to weather last week---today looks perfect.

I'm worried about Beth.
 
Hey warrior girls, I celebrated by working my last day for 2012... I have a break (hum hum! sorry sissy46) a fun vacation until 14 Jan... going to sleep and sleep.... don't forget the Xmas/New Years Eve Party here on BS...
 
Poppet You deserve a vacation---not a break:heehee:
Thanks for all you do to help and encourage BoneSmarties. You are an :angel:
 
Hi tammy & dede62, my in home pt sesions were barely 30 min. My outpatient ones 30-45 min. Mostly stretching and balancing. I don't think I could do 2 hr of pt. At one session, they were stretching my leg, I was very nervous and sore afterwards. Was easier next time. Well, glad to hear things are slowly getting better.
 
Wow, Poppet glad to hear you're taking so much time off for You! Rest, enjoy, and cherish every moment and forget about things for a while - it'll be there when you resurface waiting with open arms!!
:spin:
 
dede62

One of my most fav things to do is to be on BoneSmart... now I can spend unlimited time online..

First day off so far, Nordic Walk for 20 mins, washing, cleaning, online, resting... we have very hot weather, so I only go outside very early in the morning - 5:30am for my walk, then it becomes too hot, lots of Aussie flies.. must admit, I do sneak a look at my work emails... hard to let go!
 
Tammy I hope things are going well with you, you have been awfully
quiet here at BS and that makes us worry!
 
Tammy, can't believe 2 hours PT, it's like PT bootcamp. dede62, your PT I think ripped you off, mine was always an hour in the home, and I do not think they are supposed to be less, andother whack off side there head I still am one 1 crutch, but that was only since Tuesday. I really am surprised at how much different we feel on 1 vs 2 crutches.
Poppet, A Much deserved vacation, enjoy and PAMPER yourself!
 
Beth, there wasn't anything more for them to do once I did the exercises for them. The weather was poor enough throughout, that a walk wasn't in the cards for any of us. I was one of their "star" patients (and also probably their youngest), so I was a little ahead of what their normal curve is for in-home PT. They did more progressive exercises as I went along, but when they first showed me I couldn't do but a couple, then the next time they were there I pretty much had them nailed. I'll have to see how they bill the insurance...

Dutch, don't you know that Tammy goes from before sun up to after sun down! We get to enjoy her in her exhausted, vampire state now!

[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
 
All of you and your PT just sound so foreign to me! I only had PT at the hospital, and then they gave me exercises to do at home, but that was it. I'm glad, because living in the rural area, arranging transportation would have been a real pain!!

Tammy, do you have a new secretary now? I don't envy the interview process at all!! As to your new toy, I am jealous!! I've been thinking how bad I want one, but it's just not going to be in the budget for a while. Tuesday was my birthday, and Medicare had a donut to celebrate, but all they gave me was the hole! (I fell into the "donut hole" for Rx meds) Thankfully it was the last refills of the year, but to have them come to a couple hundred more than anticipated was a shock to the wallet! So, I can say I got "drugs" for my bday and Christmas this year! LOL
 
Alright spill the beans busy bee. How did the appointment go??

When are the round 2 interviews? Hopefully it won't be much longer for that to be over. Oh yeah, just in time for holiday break! A new start for everyone!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom