THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Carol...thank you and welcome to the website!

I picked up the least expensive iPad no frills, least memory, didn't get the one with the phone line either. I really love having it too! Pretty much use it 95% of the time, I have to use my work laptop for work, but everything else personal, banking, shopping, posting on here I use iPad it's so easy, fast and the quality of the screen is outstanding. The only funky thing the screen gets smeared and dirty sooooo easy! Its easy to clean. Most places these days have wireless connection for intenet plus I really only use at home, that why I think the phone line part is an added cost.

Lisa I'm going to try your drink this week too.

Night Night,

xxooxx
 
I had an iPad for about three weeks. Having never been near a Mac computer I was totally lost and ended up sending it back. Good old Amazon! Full refund, no questions asked!

I took something back to a store couple of weeks ago because when I checked the hadnbook I found I'd been mistaken about the features it had. Took it back two days later and they wanted to charge me 10% of the cost because I had opened the carton! Only way round that was to accept the refund on a store card but I rarely shop there so it means I have to spend it in there again! :hissyfit:
 
Morning Josephine,

It did take me quite a few weeks to get use to the iPad, now though I really do love it. Those restocking fees are horrible there are some stores here that do the same especially on electronics. Sorry!

Have a good week.

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah,

I used to juice and it was a time in my life I felt so healthy. What juicer did you buy? I'm thinking it would be a good thing to do again. Carrot juice was one of my faves, very sweet and made my skin look very healthy. Also helped me a lot with weight, which I need to do again.
 
On the iPad: Never a MAC user, I went with the Motorola Xoom with WiFi [no service commitment required]. Also @ Amazon [LOVE THEM!!!]. I viewed a few YouTube videos that demonstrated and had some How To's.
Best electronic toy I've ever had, and what a dream with this hip surgery. Worked in the hospital [send updates and TY's], and in bed from the first day.
 
Never a MAC user I went with the Motorola Xoom. Best electronic toy I've ever had, and what a dream with this hip surgery. Worked in the hospital [send updates and TY's], and in bed from the first day.
 
Hello Joanne,

I got the Hurom Juicer through William Sonoma. Here is the home page link to the juicer broken link removed: https://slowjuicer.com/ My girlfriend is a juicer fanatic and she had done some research on these machines, this one was a little pricey, however its nice a quiet, it cleans easily. I do have to peel and cut up into small pieces but for now so far so good! Well duh Im only on juice number 2 hahahahaha!!

This morning did stick with the red cabbage, kale, apple, lemon, celery but added the carrot and a few cubes of pineapple. About the same as yesterday. I did grab the additional items to make the Juice both Lisa and Sandy have recommened right now stuck to what I had made yesterday mostly because I had a ton of stuff prepared and ready to go. Im glad you saw the bennefits of juicing, I still have a very puzzled look on my face while drinking and its not a bad ewww taste its just very different. Without be gross its defintely gone through my internal system very quickly which always feels good! Not in a bad way at all. In English dont panic didnt poop my knickers LOL this wouldnt be good especially while walking Miles...Im digressing will stop now!! OK not quite I guess the good news is I have doggy poop bags hahahahah OK enough!!

Macs take a minute to get use to, more visually graphic plus they think for you and make things super easy, I guess thats why they are have in school systems. My personal life is one big Mac-Apple life and work is PC..I do prefer doing excel sheets on the PC computer. I'm not a computer guru at all just appreciate the new styles of technology.

Back to work.........the day is flying by!!

Hope everyone is having a groovy day :)

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah:

Just a thought on your juicer. Maybe you need more salt:hysterical:. I love the Bloody Mary idea. Back in the 70's my parents used to make homemade tomato cocktail. OMG. They made both "spicy" and not, but the spicey wasn't all that much so. Oh the bloody mary that would make. Nothing like it on a Sunday noon nursing the previous nights adventures....

How are those photo's coming? Miles figure out the camera yet? Faraday could probably handle it if she wasn't so interested in seeing her reflection.:hate-shocked:
 
Hi Sarah,
I always enjoy catching up with your posts. You have such amazing energy and a great sense of humour. Hair cut really suits you. I had mine short and decide to try and grow it a bit but It hasn't really worked out. It will probably get cut short again. I definitely need inspiration on the health front. I have thyroid disease and find I do need to be more mobile than I am at the moment. I lost weight last summer prior to my op but its back on with a vengence and more besides.:cry: You are doing great with all your walking. Miles has been amazing.:doggieshmooze: and a pleasure to have on bonesmart. My cat will do the occasional walk with me but more on an as and when he feels like it basis. He does bring me presents though- ones that he's caught himself ! Presents and cuddles so not bad really.
I stayed to watch a film last night. "The time travellers wife" so I think I need to go to bed.
Goodnight
Gizmo
 
Sarah,

Thanks for the link about the juicer. I am considering getting it, just have one more brand to check out. You are too funny and always make me laugh which is so good for the soul and our recoveries. take care.
 
Evening Diane, Gizmo and Chef,

Thank you for compliment on hair Gizmo...I'm still giggling on your car adventure, I would so probably do the same thing then probably have a melt down in the parking then someone would say ummmm excuse me not your car and I would start laughing at myself! I completely relate to the weight I had lost 35 almost 40lbs before my surgery and basically feel like one big blob now! With all this walking I don't understand why I don't resemble a stick person oyyyyyyyyy! I did eat poorly for those 6-8 weeks after the surgery. I'm just going to keep on doing the walks and watch my food now. It gets tougher as you get older! Do you take anything for the thyroid? Oh kitty kat gifts seen those before, my friends cat would bring in mice, lizards, birds all kinds of things and they would be still alive....icky icky!! I never saw that movie was it good?

Diane, I'm truly a novice on the juicer. There are quite a few choices out there
I also read about the omega, there was a Breville that was more expensive. A friend where I live has a vitamix and she loves! I think that was more expensive too and I thought of it as a blender, but she was saying it was very powerful.

Yes laughter is good for the soul, it keeps things in perspective too. I love coming on to Bonesmart to read everyone's threads and there are quite a few that make me giggle! We are lucky to have this site...has kept me sane many of times!

Bloody Mary's hehehehehe I'm not a huge drinker, It had been years then i had a spicy bloody Mary new years day, my neighbor made me one YUMMY we also had bagels, cream cheese and lox it was heavenly combination.

hope you all have a lovely night...

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah

So thrilled you are enjoying your juicing.. It sure is great for one..

Fantastic with your walking record...

Give Miles a big cuddle from his virtual Mum and big hugs for you.
 
Alrightyyyyyyyy then........

When juicing and using raw ginger go lightly! I made this odd concoction...red cabbage, spinach, apple, orange, lemon, lime, carrots, celery and ginger. I was very excited thinking the apple and orange combo would make it a little sweeter than the last few days. Ohhhh boy forget it the ginger was so powerful, it's was almost a spicy hot drink, every gulp was followed by tons of water!! I like ginger too that was too much hahahahaha! I'm eating less carbs seriously! Maybe there is truth that this stuff curbs the sugar-carbs cravings!

I'm rocking and rolling with my walks last two days, have a nice rhythm, good strong pace and added more distance to our last walk around 9pm which normally I'm tired by then. My energy level is really picking up, still using cane on and off, just carry with me incase, I think lack of confidence is a reason I'm still using. I'll work on this soon.

Sandy sorry your having a tough time with you foot! Miles sends his love xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah,

Good for you and your walking...I know what you mean about the confidence issue, it is pretty huge for me (lack of it, that is) but alas it is coming to me slowly.
Guess you will be adding only a "touch" of ginger to your concoctions from now on Ha!Ha! I'm still researching juicers. I will need to be on unpaid leave as of March 1 if I can't return to work so need to watch my budget but as soon as I'm back to work I'll purchase one. I used to love the fresh carrot juice, drank it every day. You are very creative with your recipes. Give Miles a hug for me, a hug for you too.
 
Hi Sarah

My you are very inventive with your juicing... I love it, but pleeeease remember they are very strong detox drinks because you are getting concentrated juice extracts from each veg.

I find whilst I am working, I can't have one each morning as I would like because they are detoxing and often becomes difficult in an office environment... Like... I am in a meeting and suddenly get the tummy rumbles, but it is almost my turn to speak... Just can't get up and run for the loo!

I envy you (in some ways) working from home. But I miss my super dooper ergonomic chair that I have in the office.

Hugs and cuddles for Miles xxxx
 
Big Light Bulb moment that hit me late last night!

All this walking I'm doing...there is no way I could have done this before my surgery I would be crippled up in pain! I might be stiff when I wake up and yes I do wobble around like a penguin different times of the day around my home. BUT after walking there is NO pain end of subject!

I went to Costco's this morning without the cane! Nailed it walked in, grabbed my few items and walked out, no limping, super quick and got home, unpacked car and thinking YES YES YES signs of being back to normal are showing now!

Does anyone think eventually wearing heels will be possible. I have a closet full of 3 and 4 inch heels, sandals, boots and shoes. LOOK I have a good limp free day of walking and now im ready for heels HAHAHAHHA!

Happy Friday Everyone!!

xxooxx
 
Sarah,

I find it rather amazing that in so little time after this major surgery, folks are BETTER than they were pre-surgery. That is awesome.

And yes...sometimes we have to stop and ponder that a bit or it just slips by us.

As for wearing heels...I've decided not to go back to them myself...:wink1:

Z
 
Way to go Sarah! :thumb: Accomplishing a Costco run (even for just a few items) is a major milestone! And without cane ..... excellent! I haven't dared face that activity as yet ..... though a Costco run is needed.

As for the high heels ........... I'd suggest starting off slowly with those - maybe some lower heels first just to see how you do .... since the heels will alter your gait and balance and stretch muscles in a way you are not yet use to. But I would imagine that eventually you'll be able to wear your tallest heels without any problems :biggrin:
 
Hi Deb...

Im laughing at myself on the heels, for sure way to soon! Nice to think about down the road.

I love Costcos even to run in for milk and salad items is easy, it wasnt a few weeks back it wore me out.

Hope you are doing well.
 
All this walking I'm doing...there is no way I could have done this before my surgery I would be crippled up in pain! I might be stiff when I wake up and yes I do wobble around like a penguin different times of the day around my home. BUT after walking there is NO pain end of subject!

I went to Costco's this morning without the cane! Nailed it walked in, grabbed my few items and walked out, no limping, super quick and got home, unpacked car and thinking YES YES YES signs of being back to normal are showing now!

Navigating the cavernous warehouse that is Costco without a cane? You rock Sarah :yay:! I'm looking forward to reaching this point several months from now.

I hear you on the heels. The mind says "don't even think about it" but the feet cry "make us look fabulous." Someday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom