THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice haircut Sarah -- you have lovely hair in all the photos that you've shared! My daughter has been pushing me to dye my hair for quite some time and I've told her that when I feel 50 instead of 80 maybe I'll give it a try...

Now I'm think that I need some of that really fun, bright color hair... do they take old gals at the trade show demos???

Have a nice day,
Cardie
 
TGIF....thank goodness it's Friday!

Y'all made me smile with the lovely sweet posts about my hair thank you, very appreciated..it's a silly photo too!

This week has flown by, and I'm thrilled it's Friday. I do feel a little stuck in the middle with my hip, healing nicely just not quick enough now. Yesterday I ventured out on an errand and had to walk quite a bit, once I got home I was very sore. I think my little Miles walking routine is quite easy, we go at our own pace, we stop and basically putz a lot. Once i get out into the big world alone it's a different pace for sure! My walking with Miles Im consistently logging daily 3-4 miles this is the first week with no help with walking him, which has been fabulous! Somedays I have to push myself to walk that far, he doesnt need to walk that much either, however he does enjoy me too surely this will pay off....

Sandy work is fine, I am definitely lucky to be at home doing my job....without being to grumpy I do sometimes miss going into an office environment, then I think to myself I wouldnt be able to sit on my bed at times and crank out emails in my sweats, plus now with technology I can transfer my work phone to my iPhone meaning I don't have to be stuck at my desk to do my job. Luckily my next trip isn't until April, they might add in a earlier NY trip....part of me hopes not, I'm not in the mood for an airplane yet, unless it was heading somewhere warm, exotic with a beautiful beach and a large margarita....one long beach vacation then I would go today!! 2010 and early part of 2011 I was on and off planes all the time, that lifestyle gets old very quickly, my poor hip would suffer to.....let's hope this will not be the case this year!

I finally got into a good week of my vitamins, calcium, plus omega oils and eating properly FINALLY and I do feel better, lots more energy. The two brands i enjoy are Nordic Naturals for oils they have an excellent womens blend that helps with a sense of balance it has primrose oil etc. The other brand is a newer one for me just started earlier last year optihealth www.opcxtra.com they only carry 3 lines, I take the multi vitamin and calcium and both are isotonic style drinks not expensive either. This is all very new to me last year really started to make an effort.....It's a drag trying to be healthy somedays. Ooooooooo Lisa it's Friday a chippy butty sounds good right now, with a runny egg too and some bacon oh my goodness that sounds scrumptious!!

I did order a juicer according to UPS it will be here today, this weekend will experiment with making drinks with some of my friends concoctions. I ended up getting a Hurom juicer. The goal is to drink 2 a day.

Just call me Jane Fonda or Suzanne Sommers hahahahahahaha right dream on, have to try though :)

Sending lots of good thoughts to everyone....

Superbowl weekend...go Cowboys!! Best part will be Madonna and commercials yay!

xxooxx
 
Hi Sean (pronounced Shawn:th_heehee:) Love your locks!

Sounds like your walking regime is amazing miles and miles for Miles! I'm well impressed. Reading about your healthy diet actually gave me a kick in the derriere, I really must do something to counteract all these chemicals washing around my system .... any tips?

Errrrm Cowboys?? I'm a Brit but they aren't in the Superb ....... sorry just got it ..... d'urrr!:DOH:

Enjoy Ms Ciccone!!

Love
Charlie
 
What a huge difference in your hair, most people couldn't just make that change from long to short, I bet you are loving it !!!

I still have those days of feeling like that. For the most part I can walk a ton and I'm just fine with it, but then some days I'm not. I guess it's just one of those things.

My boyfriend can relate with you about the travels. He is on a plane 2-3 times a month. This month he leaves for NY on Monday, following week to AL and then drive to Ft. Lauderdale at end of month. He ended up having a microdisectomy the other year and they think the disc in his back blew from all the sitting during driving in car and airplanes etc..

Oh to just sit on a beach watching the waves go by would be lovely. I do have to admit though, the beach is only a few miles away from me so I do get to see it when I want to.

Keep up with your walking and you will get there. It just takes time and sometimes more time.
 
Sat morning in OZ 7:46am...

Sarah, John just saw your new haircut and said 'wow, that is one hot new Sarah... taken 20 years off' ....

xxx from both of us
 
Happy Friday!

Cardie we are not old gals LOL we are young our age group is the new 30....ding dong!

Throwing out a fun idea....I haven't done it in a while, if you have a Paul Mitchell hair school is a place to experiment plus save money. Only down side it takes forever because the students have to consult the entire with their teachers. That's where I got my hair colored in the red style?

Charlie I wish my health intentions were perfect I'm just trying hahahaha! If you shouted hey come on over for fish n chips or bangers, mash and bake beans I'd be there in a blink! I think quitting smoking back in 2010 then this whole hip deal really highlights health things, plus the 50 mark is quickly coming.

Julie just seeing your post reminded me again how much fun the beach would be right now! I feel for your boyfriend it really is brutal traveling like that, I'm not sure I ever want to go back to that amount again, we will see.

Sandy xxooxx thank you!

I'm so glad it's Friday night, it's still early just nice to shut work off.

I really appreicate everyone on here thank you for being fun and supportive! I'm in a much more festive happy mood tonight....weird week, not bad just weird....glad its over!

Night!

xxooxx
 
Sarah the cut looks terrific on you! And let me add myself as another fan of Nordic Naturals. When I started taking their Ultimate Omega I noticed a difference in my skin within weeks. I'll be happy when I'm off the blood thinners and can get back to it.

As for feeling stuck, I guess anytime we do anything out of the ordinary during recovery, our bodies are going to feel it for a while after. You're still managing to walk 4 miles a day just two months after having an entire body part rebuilt. That is amazing if you ask me.
 
Hey, Sarah, love the new hair! And glad to hear you are into healthy diet too. Have fun with your new juicer - it wil probably come with recipes, but if you want some juice recipes for specific conditions, just ask! Ease your body into juicing slowly though - start with one a day and build up gradually.
 
Sarah

I think walking 3 - 4 miles a day is mighty impressive. I bet Miles enjoys it too.

I think you need longer to recover before taking on too much travelling and working from home as you are at present must the an ideal solution.

You do seem to be progressing really well - but go easy on the chip butties!

Dave
 
Hi Sarah and Miles... Isn't is good when the weekend comes around, two whole days... We are on the tail end of ours now, Sunday late afternoon..

Enjoy your juicer, definitely as Jane said take it slow, juices are very concentrated nutrition and tend to detox so go with the gentle on the stomach, alkaline one's first... Carrot, celery and apple with a little fresh ginger is a good one to start with. Then maybe add beetroot (fresh).. I have heaps of different recipes as well, between Jane and I we are going to have all our BS friends in peak condition with our nutrition posts :):):):)

Cuddles to Miles xx
 
It's Sunday all ready?!?!?!

Morning everyone :)

I still haven't juiced yet! I think because I know I don't care for veggies I'm mentally getting ready for this new adventure. Before I unpack one more trip to grab some carrots and some ginger thanks Sandy for reminding me of ginger. I LOVE especially in a yummy curry.

This was funny. My new little fitbit sends me weekly updates via emails. Last night though it send me a woooohoooo youve hit your first 50 mile mark!! Thats in 2 weeks plus few days since getting it. Now Im walking Miles full time since sat week I'm sure this will ramp up even more now. You would think after all the walking I would have lost a boat load of lbs NOPE I'm hoping what Jacey had said earlier the 3 month mark will bring some weight loss it has too if I keep this up.

Dave YES the timing of working from home has been a gift...Im always quick to remind myself how lucky I am to have this style of set up. I haven't had a good chip butty in years (pout) soon for sure! My goal this year is a trip home to Hastings for a visit to see my baby brother and his fiancé who just had their first baby girl "Madison" looking forward to doing that trip!

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Sunday!

xxooxx
 
Yes, love the new hairdo! Very pretty.

You are doing so well! Isn't it amazing how our doggie friends help us so much!

Thanks for all your funny, happy, and insightful posts. They have really helped me a lot.

Dorothy
 
At the rate you are increasing that walking you will see the weight drop very quickly Sarah. 2012 - you are the official Ms Health!
 
Jaycey.....I'm counting on you being right (funny)

Thanks everyone for congrats! I think being vocal and writing about these things its making me stick to it as well, little like a journal process. Thank you for the support it really helps, would think in the long run trying this newer healthier way of living will benefit anyone in health, anti flam and yes bones, skin and all kinds of good things!

I made and drank my very first veggy juice. Mmmmmm not bad, didn't love, just not bad. My girlfriend had emailed this one recipe and added it took her a few times to drink before she got the taste for them, meaning it wasnt that great in the beginning! YOU CAN SAY THAT a few times! I didn't go back to the store for the carrots so this is what went into the machine. Kale, celery, apple, red cabbage, lemon. It wasn't sour which surprised me, cannot really describe the taste anyhooooooo this weird mixture was was definitely drinkable.

Jane are you suggesting only one a day for a minute because it will make my tummy act funny? Am I right to think this could also make me poop more? Lovely visual uh! The machine worked nicely and was easy to clean afterwards. It's weird to see all the veggies sitting on my counter top right now in a very large colander.

If all fails im sure I can make a killer bloody Mary from scratch using real tomatoes hehehehehehehehe!!

I need to find a good farmers market locally that would be a fun Saturday to venture out too, probably less expensive compared to the supermarket too.

Byeeee for now!
 
Hi Sarah, yes it takes your body a while to get used to veg juices. Typical you, jumping in at the deep end! Kale and red cabbage juice are quite hard to digest if you're not used to them. I would suggest taking a step back and doing the sort of juice that Sandy recommended - carrot, celery, apple, ginger - just a bit more gentle on the stomach. But you might be fine with the kale. It's sometimes helpful to put a little orange in with those strong-tasting veggies, also. Basically you don't need recipes, as I'm sure you've gathered - just try out your own combinations. Well done you for dipping your toe in the water (or juice)!
 
Jane,

Thank you, I will go to the store tomorrow and grab the other items and try Sandy's version too, and will try adding the orange too. Im definitely going to have one a day to start of with. I was reading if you stick to these it also helps curb the sugar-starch cravings. Yes I can see how you could add all types of items and not follow a recipe. I definitely needed one this morning to get started, this is all completely alien to me. I'm completely tickled with myself right now!

Thanks :) xxooxx
 
My fave juice is 1x pineapple, 2 x carrots, 2 x apples, cube of ginger, half a lime and a handful of spinach - put that through inbetween tha apple so it doesn't jam the machine. It looks vile, bright green but tastes so delicious - give it a try. I've got a great machine and those ingredients will make over a pint of juice.........oooh really fancy it myuself now:cocktail_martini:
 
Sarah, which ipad do you have? Am thinking about it for post-op too. Your posts are delightful:th_heehee:
Carol RTHR ceramic Feb 13
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom