THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah

Glad to see your long post. Sounds like you are getting back to your old (hehe) self. Keep it up.

How is the new hair cut? :-(
 
Thanks Chef.....

Hair is fab, soooooo easy it dries after maybe 10 minutes without using a hair dryer NICE! That's easy.

How are you, how's work and are you feeling better?
 
Sarah-I gotta say you look great! and your doc wants you to lose more weight?!?!Also would love to see a pic of the new hair do.......


Amazed at all the walking you and Miles do, its awesome! I also love walking and of course wasnt able to do much of that the last couple months pre op but Im really looking forward to it come this spring. I think its great exercise for the body and mind.
 
Morning Haldox!

Your videos are outstanding! You could walk right along with me right now.

Thank you for the compliment even in this photo my weight is stacked inside, I promse I'm not being a drama queen either I just hide it well. Typical girly weight goes straight to my hips, bum and tummy. When I get with friends I'll get a snap shot of my hair, I tried to take the other day in the bathroom mirror can I say weird!

Have a groovy day!

xxooxx
 
Had to laugh at the dog poop discussion and thought of you and Jane as I did a big clean-up in the yard from my two furry beasts yesterday... :doggieshmooze:

Good that the golfer's reach works for that lovely task as well :thumb:

Have a nice day & it sounds like you are doing great, Sarah!!
Cardie
 
Hi Sarah, well someone had to bring up the poop question - it does occupy our minds somewhat doesn't it, those of us who have dogs?

Susie was out with John yesterday and hurt her leg chasing squirrels - came back limping. They'd taken the bus to Montgomery and were miles from home when this happened. Meanwhile I'd gone to the gym without my phone so couldn't be contacted to rescue them, so when they got back on the one bus of the day, he wasn't a happy bunny and Susie was limping something terrible. So it was off to the vet, and she's come back with a yummy liquid anti-inflammatory. Well I suppose it's yummy because she's lapping it up. So I had to go walking with my friend Alison in the Shropshire hills today without Susie, as she was resting. We think it was about five miles, but not having fitbits or any other gadget I've no idea really. But the best thing was that it was my first little climb since the THR - slow, but I did it.
 
Hi Haldox,

My comment didn't read right?? I meant you are two weeks from your surgery and I'm 2 months and you could walk along with me that's how amazingly well you look. Pretty fabulous!

I'm still laughing about the big POOP chat Cardie normally it's our how we (humans) have poop issues, not how we can pick up our 4 legged poop piles hahahahaha!

Ohhhh Jane hope Susie heals, ouch poor baby girl! Good for you walking that far...one day I won't need the gadget LOL I'm enjoying it makes me competitive with myself! your hike sounds Devine.

Wow the week is almost up! Thank goodness....my walking was cut short a little today we have had tons of rain hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow!

Night!

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah

Just catching up with your posts..

Love the 'poop' topics. - maybe that is another reason SO would have for me not getting a puppy yet.

Fantastic progress with your walking, between Miles and your fitbit you have got your rehab all worked out.

Sorry about the rain there tonight (in your part of the world)

Lots of love and hugs xx
Sandy
 
Hi Sarah,

Been following your posts for a while. I had both hips replaced 9 months apart and am so happy to have that awful bone on bone pain gone. After 3 surgeries and 4 hospitalizations in 11 months I cut my hair super short, just to make life easier so i can totally relate to your shorter drying time!

After I found out I needed the first replacement it scared me and I lost about 70 lbs. to make my recovery easier and it certainly did help. I have more to go and now that I am feeling better and can be more active I will get serious about it again. Want my new hips to last as long as possible. After both surgeries I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted and still lose because the calories were going toward healing, now I find I must cut down on my friends, the carbs. But that is OK, I feel better eating healthier anyways.

Sounds like you enjoy your doggie so much. Unfortunately, I had to give mine up because of all the health issues, but I so enjoy hearing everyones pet stories, maybe a kitty in my future, who knows. Take care.

diane
 
Hi Sandy and Diane,

Good to hear from you both!

Diane I've been following your thread for quite a while and I have no clue why I've never written to you before, sorry! I clearly remember feeling horrible when you wrote about spending almost week in the hospital because of pain. Glad you are doing better now. I have total respect for fellow hippies who have TWO hips...that's so impressive! My fingers and toes are crossed my one will be it for a very long time! My OS says right now my left hip looks great and because my replaced right one was 20 yr old post traumatic injury hopefully he is right!!

Congratulations on the weight loss that's brilliant. I hope my weight will fall off I do feel it will now I'm walking and feeling so much better both emotionally and physically! This whole hip journey is a long one, it's not like a root canal where you get a pain for a short time go in and have it fixed and keep going. YES a kitty kat word be great company and a lot less work and just as sweet.

The rain finally has stopped here!

Night Night!

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah,

Me too, read your posts for a long time and didn't post either, sometimes I do that and don't know why :what:. Oh well, nice to hear from you and glad your recovery is going well to date. :yes 4:Enjoy the day and walking your doggie :doggieshmooze:

diane
 
Hey Sarah! You seem to be doing very well these days too. I'm mighty impressed with the progress we've all been making. Love the profile picture, you look great. Can't wait to see the new hair do!

Take care of yourself!!
 
Sarah, so happy you are walking around ... great progress. If you need to lose weight girlfriend I better sign up for the "Biggest Loser". hehehehe

Huggs and love
 
This seems like a fun thread!

Dog poop. Everyone was out one day and our oldest dog, who has some problems in that department, had just managed to get out the dog flap and then pooped on the paving stones right outside the door. I dropped a large wad of toilet paper on top of it and then picked it up with the grabber!! Probably not one of the things the hospital thought I'd use it for!

Seems like you're doing fantastically well Sarah!
 
Yuk, Joanna, you won't want to be using that grabber for anything else, will you?!!

Sarah, I was forgetting when I recommended walking poles that you have to keep Miles on the leash all the time. For the last few days poor Susie has had to be on the leash because of her poorly leg, so I've taken a friend along on walks to hold her leash while I walk with my poles - that's the only way you can do it, I think. Susie is getting better, thank goodness, and will soon be off the leash again, so the squirrels round here had better look out!
 
Oh my goodness we really did take the POOP topic to a new level!

Jo that was funny with the grabber, my luck I would have grabbed it too hard and it would have been one big mess ewwwwwwwwww!

I wondered that Jane as I read it when you said about walking with 2 sticks. Glad Susie seems to be healing, poor baby girl! I really would love to be able to walk out in the open and not worry about Miles being on a leash he would love to run free! I would worry he would run off though hes still a little wild, young and rambunctious hehehehehe! He's walking so well on his leash now, he's very considerate and senses I'm not completely normal NO JOKES please!

Happy Saturday everyone!

I love the weekends! No rush for anything, as of last weekend I do all 4 walks per day for Miles, and as of this past Friday Jack is no longer walking him. Meaning everyday now I can do the 4 walks which will do me good during the week, last week was very sluggish and sore at my desk yuck!

No real news to share. On walking I have been lifting the cane up and walking without it and feel good, not ready to leave behind. I had mentioned on another thread I still get stiff and sore after sitting or laying for a period of time, I'm sure this will go away eventually.

Ohhhh I no longer use the shower bench. I had continued using it because my bath has always made me nervous it has that very slippery surface even before the surgery i would worry about slipping.

Have a good weekend everyone....

xxooxx
 
:thumb: Way to go, Sarah! lol I love the dog poop discussion - with me it's cat vomit and hairballs - ewwwww! Grabbers just do not work very well for these messes. Depending on when and where they occur I usually have to wait until my housemate gets home before they can be cleaned up - sigh though now that my restrictions have been lifted I guess I'm back to doing it myself. :th_heehee:

Has Miles had any obedience training yet? If not you might want to provide some for him ( there are websites that will give you pointers for do-it-yourself work or there are probably classes in your area) - making sure he comes when called is really essential for beloved pups :)
 
Hi everyone.....

Deb that is my biggest fear! When I first got him back after the surgery we had gone out into the large courtyard where we live and he had pulled and slipped out of his leash, my friends had it very loose because they don't really walk their dogs and they have a large yard for them to go out. This was the time frame when I was very wobbly and unsure of my footing, I looked at him and instantly said sit miles and he did to my surprise......luckily I could bend over and pick him up and get leash back on him! In a large field setting with a major distraction I'm not sure what he would do. By the summer I do want to do a obedience class with him. We had gone to see a trainer when he first came home because he was a very insecure little boy, scared of everything people just a pure mess and the first few months was dedicated to YES lots of walking in areas where other people and their dogs were, just to socialize him. If we bumped into each other and you were ok with this I would give you a treat to give him. It's paid of he's not perfect, however improved immensely. Some obedience classes would do us both good. I'm looking at him now he is fast asleep at the foot of the bed, not a care in the world! He has a good life!!

We came close to walking 4 miles today.....excellent walks!

Night Night.....

xxooxx
 
4 Miles...that is awesome! I hope they were "tiring" but good. I started doing a little bit too much too fast on the waling on the road and had some femor soreness. I backed way down and will work up slower. The gotcha for me was that it felt fine while I was doing it but that nite I regretted it.

Good luck with the puppy training...I happened to run into this "quote" again yesterday: broken link removed: https://picchore.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/10-canine-commandments.jpg

..and I have to admit it chokes me up everytime. If you have not seen it I hope you enjoy.

Z
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom