Guest viewing is limited

THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok confession....I did have to take 2 pain pills around 5pm I'm not hurting but sore and completely pooped, great news my place is soooooo clean! Plus don't laugh my legs are sore from peeing on low down toilet LOL plus been
bending over all day to clean! I'm heading over to neighbors for appetizers only for couple of hours which will be nice and easy, will be home for Miles before 9pm then bed for this cleaning warrior! Good feeling when home is clean :)

Have fun everyone for tonight, in some places it's already 2012.....enjoy!!

xxooxx
 
You are having a great day Sarah! I can't wait to get my house cleaned up, living with someone else there's so much more to clean :( But that's my goal for next week, clean!

Have a wonderful evening and a Happy New Year's Eve!!

XOXO
Buffi
 
I had read your earlier comment about putting hold off on the 2nd round of therapy hopefully didn't read that wrong, yesterday I was going to dive in, then this morning I woke up and thought heavily about what you had said and it makes sense to hold of for a moment.

Hi Sarah,

Yes, that is what I was suggesting -- or at least what I did, waited a month after my post-op exam before starting outpatient PT. I was also prescribed PT 3Xs weekly and knew that would be a prescription for disaster for me -- way too much serious physical work at such an early stage in my recuperation. So, I went twice a week for 6 weeks. Towards the end of my outpatient program I began to go back to my own gym on Saturdays and test out the equipment with my new hip.

You will be having plenty of new daily challenges with your return to work, Miles, housework, shopping etc., now that you have been checked out by your OS and all these activities are going to test you in different ways too. You know your body best, so listen to how it responds to your daily activities for a bit before jumping into the PT routine. You have plenty of time to add in PT, no rush!

The clamshell exercise, I shall share a link to that:

broken link removed: https://www.health.com/health/library/mdp/0,,abk4452,00.html

I do hope that you are resting and icing today after all the house cleaning and moving about yesterday!!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Happy New Year Cardie!

You always just make sense to me, thank you. Your right just the little basic things are going to be an adjustment for me, so far so good!

I'm very lucky to work from home this eliminates tons of worry about getting dressed, commuting etc. I do get dressed for home office, nothing fancy and easy :) Im very happy right now this last week has been a solid, productive week....Ive definitely pushed myself over some fear humps especially with the walking outside part with Miles I think that has been a huge factor in me feeling better too. I will set a couple of little goals for next week, get car serviced, maybe trip to Costcos but nothing to wild and wooly! Tomorrow I'm going back to my vitamin routine, calcium months ago I had started a new regime, product it's a isotonic style of taking multiple vitamins it had given me of energy. I had stopped taking all things while I was on Coumadin didn't want to mess around with that. Plus now I'm cutting back on pain pills I need to work on my eating habits too, wow I've pretty much been eating what I want...yikes!!

Again thank you for your support it's appreciated!

Happy New Year Cardie!

xxooxx
 
Me again....thanks for the clam link! Ewwwww those look nice?!?!? I'm going to wait a few days to try those. Last night I wiggled around in bed slept on my Un-operated side. Right now I feel better than my worse time before the surgery seriously. I wonder now I probably could have used a cane PRE surgery I had got that bad with the pain but never thought of using one. Obviously that pain has gone now YAY!! My wish right now is the stiffness to loosen up above my knee it's very tight, I think getting in and out of car, using the regular toilet will naturally help with the knee part because of the stretch!

xxooxx
 
Yes the clams. They had me doing those at outpatient PT as well. They sure do help though and get you stronger.

Keep it up, you are doing great !! Happy New Year !!
 
Thanks Julie good to hear from you!

Today is 5 weeks since surgery, that went quickly! I've had two super lazy days by choice, I just lounged around and watched yesssss more mindless TV I did do some cooking tonight eating a very traditional English roast dinner, roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding haven't cooked like this in months!

Tomorrow is my first day back to work, which is good! I'm moving around really well. My operated side knee is still pretty tight especially when bending apart from that hip feels excellent!

Its still wild to me that 5 weeks ago at this time I was being super chirpy on my favorite morphine posting updates on here.....funny!

Happy New Year...incase I missed anyone!

xxooxx
 
Hey Sarah, good luck for going back to work tomorrow! Wow, I,m not sure I'd be ready for that yet. I,m quite lucky as am sort of semi-retired and also a student so can pick and choose what to start again and when. I do hope you're taking all the advice here to phase your return. I know you work from home so I guess this won't be a problem. All the best!
 
Hi Sarah

I answered your post on my thread, but again good luck for returning to work tomorrow.. Keep up the ice and Meds xx
 
Hi Sandy and Jane,

I did read your thread Sandy. I do have some flexibility with my work day, I need to be available for a solid work day, but can take some down time too, I will probably take breaks by walking Miles. People forget when working a home most of the time you no longer take official breaks or lunch hours, it's just different. I'm in sales the harder I work the better my commission check ahhhhhhhhh!! That's always a good incentive. I think I'm going to be fine, I have also significantly cut back on pain meds, I will have to cut out the early morning one I normally take that then Miles and I nap in the morning, tomorrow plan to go for more work early in the morning so I can close down earlier in the afternoon!

Eventhough I've been lazy the last few days, I've been awake and have felt like my energy level has improved big time!

I'll keep you posted!

Have a good week, hope you other hip and back heals that's not good, sorry!

xxooxx
 
... last night I wrote a long winded post on your thread about coming to my show in NY that's why you have a comment from Sandy about needing a make over, I'm sure this won't make too much sense. Hours later in the middle of the night I had this weird feeling I had posted to much information about myself and deleted the message, silly but true.

Sarah.....it was probably wise you deleted your post if it contained a lot of personal data. While you may know and trust every single one of your BoneSmartie friends, remember that this is a PUBLIC forum and posts can be read by the literally hundreds of "guests" we have on the forum each day. That's why we encourage folks not to use their full names, provide email addresses or post anything else that would be an identifyer. It's just safer that way.
 
Jamie - YES you are right its funny how my gut feeling woke me up to go back and delete! thank you!

Thank you goatram you will be in my thoughts this week!

I made it through my first day back at work. My biggest mistake was not taking my pain meds this morning, i was worried because my ritual has been taking meds and laying in bed watching news and napping (heaven) by not doing this by around 11am i was very sore, my office chair was kicking my bum ouch! I finally took pain meds and day went by quickly remember i dont have to drive or worry about that right now. I also had to add two pillows to office chair. Tomorrow will have to make sure every 30-45 minutes to get up and walk about. Very easy to get stiff sitting in one position!

Apart from that easy day, im tired now and know I will sleep well tonight! Yes i closed some business too this makes me happy!!

sending everyone lots of love!!

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah

Well done, getting through your first day back at work. I am sure you will work out a good routine for taking your meds and regular breaks from sitting. Also good that you can vary your work day hours :)

As you say you earn by commission, so it was great you were successful, jolly good!

Sending a big virtual hug to Miles ((( hugs))) and xx for you Sarah
 
Oh, well done for getting through your first day back at work, Sarah! I was thinking about you today as I sat on my office chair for too long doing my tax return and got lower back pain. But then I can get up frequently and walk about the house or do some tai chi and that usually relieves it. Take care and do take frequent breaks. Well done for making some sales too!
 
Your both so sweet Jane and Sandy thank you!

I'm laying on the bed tonight, turned my heat up high and feel completely wiped out in a good way, but wow goes to show how fragile our bodies must be. Yes Jane I am going to have to move around more often because once I did get up I was very stiff it was surprising. I have a feeling I will be asleep much earlier tonight than other nights. I have to wait for Jack around 9pm to take Miles on his las walk before I can close my eyes and call it a night.

Sorry your both having back and hip issues, hopefully this will get better soon!!

Night,

xxooxx
 
Hooray! You made it!!! It will get easier. Good for you for pampering yourself this evening. Do it!!! You deserve all you can get!
 
Hey DallasSarah!
Congrats on return to work!
I went back today too...Travelled yesterday but also asked for wheelchair assistance:) Ugh. It sure did conserve my energy though...
Now I'm here surrounded by snow, just can't ice Skate or snow ski anymore I suppose.
It's kind of a grieving process for me...Does that make sense?

Thank you for your support and help!
Laura P
 
Hi Laura, that's for now... Maybe in the future.. Keep the faith my friend, lots of love from OZ xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom