THR Cocoon to moth

@Cecropia It's good you're doing a bit more walking. It will really help. If it makes you sore, you could always try some ice afterwards but it sounds like you're doing well for 6 weeks and that's a good thing! :SUNsmile:
 
@mikeycat I want to try making flowers out of crepe paper by Lia Griffeth. I went to the bookstore alone and bought her book, used my cane on Sunday. Monday afternoon I went alone to Joanne's and Michael's gathering tools. I was butt sore after. Both hips. It was scary going alone at first, but I use my cane still for shopping. I have been off Tylenol for a week now and no other pain meds, I can tell the difference, but the pain is not that bad so we'll see how it goes. I do a lot of different crafts, but I needed a new challenge.
 
Good for you getting out on your own.That sounds just wonderful.Do you ice both hips or just the one?
It is nice to be enthusiastic about things and cultivate new passions. I am limited now due to carpal tunnel in both hands. They freeze and get numb. I was a good sewer and made a lot of my stuff and stencilled but anything for too long in my hands make them both numb and painful. Did flower arrangements as well. But I don't seem to have the inclination anymore.But I still cook and read . Was a prolific reader(had a bookstore) but even that now for some reason has become less of a passion. When did that happen?
I think I would like to take up bird watching.
 
@mikeycat I have not been icing in awhile. I had to quit crocheting because of right shoulder pain from it. But I have found other things that don't bother my tendons. I have a small embroidery machine and I make things and still sew. I love bird watching. That is a great idea for you to try. You sound like you are coming along really well too. We're getting there friend....we got this....:friends:
 
Oh @Cecropia! Shopping at Joanne’s and Michael’s! No Tylenol! Going out alone...to sort out a new project! I know your progress has felt like a series of baby steps, so I wanted to share my perspective with you as I sit, still waiting...a reminder of how far all those baby steps have taken you. I can’t remember the last time I went on a recreational shopping trip, @Cecropia! And here you are, enjoying that taste of freedom. I am so happy for you.
 
You haven't posted in your blog guess you are advancing by leaps and bounds as you are shopping, driving, gardening,crafting and doing many of the things you did before. It sounds like you are truly moving forwards but I do know with the good days also the bad ones creep up periodically but when this happens it is generally temporary and the good ones come back sometimes bringing even greater joy.
 
@mikeycat @Elf1
I'm doing pretty good. I've been working 4 days straight trying to get my first crepe paper floral arrangement to give to my daughter for her birthday today. She loves sunflowers. I didn't think it would be so hard. I just finished. Now I will have a little breather room. It took a bit for my crepe paper to get here, had to order on line and so I had 4 days to work on it.:tada:
I posted a picture on Artists among us.
I'm here and I still have my aches and pains that eb and flow, especially my surgery knee. Things are getting much better, but I can't reach my toes, but I can shave my legs now while sitting on my shower bench.
Thanks for checking on me. :flwrysmile:
 
I'm no Artist, but my first flower arrangement with crepe paper is in the Social room under Artists among us. Not many people go there but that seemed where it should go. It's my newest recovery therapy.:heehee:
 
7 weeks today. So I been eyeing my elliptical for a few days and decided to give it a go. I did 15 minutes on level 1 walking. I have a Sole with speakers and so you can plug your cell phone in and play Pandora. Before surgery I could not stand the pain to use it anymore. Now it did not hurt. :happydance:
What a relief. I may feel sore later, but at least it will be muscles that need easy strengthening again. During the days to come I hope to get the strength back so I can ride my bike. I think my elliptical is a good start to get my legs pumping again. When my fast songs were on I wanted to run :running:on it, but I didn't, I held to a walk. :walking::thumb:
On the flip side I do have one spot that still bothers me where the socket is press fit, I think anyway. It could be muscle. Some days it seems gone, other times it burns there. So it could be slowly healing, but that is my only concern right now and if it continues in the coming weeks I will seek out advice from my OS. Other than that my surgery leg is still weak, it's not back to normal yet,but getting there slowly.
So that's my update, as I have not really said much about my recovery lately in depth as things have been progressing along pretty well. I'm not complaining as much anyway according to my husband. And I just started venturing out without my cane a little bit. Still have healing going on...:flwrysmile:
 
Happy Seven Week Anniversary!
It's good to read you've been busy, not posting as often and that your recovery is progressing well. After all, that's what it's all about. Losing the pain and getting back to life. I checked out your pretty flowers in Artists Among Us and will put a link here for those unsure of how to locate. Fun thread to look through.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/artists-among-us.43279/

Great news on the elliptical. I'll bet it feels good to slowly ease back in. You're doing great!
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@Cecropia
 
@Layla
Thanks.♥️ I'm waiting to see what pain comes from my first time on the elliptical since surgery. You never seem to get away Scott free...if it happens I'll take a Tylenol or aspirin and recalculate. Like why am I sore, just did a little workout?:shrug: So far so good tho.....

I was looking at some of the artwork in the social room Artists. Some pretty paintings. Nice...
 
Great that you're able to get out independently now, @Cecropia! Those solo journeys are so nice, even if it's just to run mundane errands. I didn't drive for the first six weeks with my right hip, so my husband was my chauffeur. He was good about it, but sometimes you want to do things on your own, on your own schedule. My husband is patient, but browsing in a store like Joann's or Michael's would be trying for him. Crepe flower making sounds like fun! I love crafty stuff--no talent so I always need to be shown how to do something step by step, but it's so satisfying. I remember eons ago taking a class on how to make wallpaper covered hatboxes. I made a really pretty one, and then went mad making them for friends who said thanks but always looked a bit baffled. PS I love the elliptical, my favorite piece of cardio equipment--I'd love to have one at home but use the one at my gym regularly.
 
Last edited:
Great post @Cecropia ! :happydance:
You are really getting back into life in the real world now! Well done!
I am looking forward to getting back to the gym - classes, bike etc.etc. It may well be that you suffer no ill effects from today 's activities. There will be no stopping you now! :yay:
 
@Barbaraj I need directions too. :heehee: I had a lifetime membership at a gym, then they sold out to another company and our memberships were not honored. I did get 25 years tho as I joined Slenderform, at 29 years old, then it was USA Fitness, who did honor our membership, then NOT the new one. That's when I bought my elliptical. My OS said it was as good as walking after surgery, after a few weeks of course. He uses one, he's 5 years out from 2 hip replacements. He does not have time to walk so much and really recommends the elliptical. In a few weeks you'll be back at your exercise. :dancy:
You are a go getter.....:yes:
 
@linette333 :wave:
I still have kinks to work out too. I'm doing okay, and I keep up on your posts too. I know you will get there in time and it will be so nice to feel alive again, normal. You are close too... Mostly in the last 2 weeks I started to notice I could do more. Still need to pace myself. Get too excited and then overkill.:happydance:I need to watch that....:heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom