THR Cocoon to moth

It sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday with hubs. Glad you enjoyed!
Hopefully you'll fit in some more activity this week with the holiday.
Things will begin feeling easier and easier and consequently you'll be less bored.
I hope you have a great Monday!
@Cecropia
 
:yay: Great post, @Cecropia ! Lake Michigan sounds blissful .... And ice cream too ...! I bet that by your next visit, you will be walking to the end of that pier too! Things are looking good!
 
@HipsterKat
I hope you can someday. The Michigan side is the prettiest, lots of sand dunes and sand. I'm not fond of Lake Huron, we always go to Lake MI. When you live here all your life you kind of take it for granted. I was in my early 50s when I finally went on Mackinaw Island. And that's a big tourist destination for people, I never thought much about it.:chinstroke:
We finally did tour all of upper Mi and everywhere in the lower part, but we live here so we are more I intrested in seeing other states. Crazy....:shrug:
 
My grandmother went to Mackinaw Island a few years ago, I’ve added it to my list of places to see. She said it was beautiful. I remember Lake Michigan as a child/teen. The dunes were so impressive and foreign to me as a Texas girl.

I too am a little stir crazy and annoyed at how much my husband is having to do because I cannot. It’s causing strife with the teen boys which isn’t helping any. You know all the stuff I usually pick up after them, dad’s on a war path about it all. They aren’t sure what hit them lol

Also, I have a good day yesterday and do just a little too much so today I am sore. Part and parcel I know but truly frustrating.

I’m glad hubby is okay after falling in the pond :rofsign:
 
@Chaotic We took the air boat over to the Island. Would you believe I always thought it was on the Lake Michigan side, (the island), it's Lake Huron.:heehee: And I grew up in Michigan. :shrug:So we took a buggy ride around the Island and did some shopping. Guess what, I had more fun shopping in Mackinaw City than on the island. So if you do ever make it there keep that in mind also. They have some nifty shops on main street. :)
 
@ceezee Michigan is known for sweet cherries and tart. At the right time they are all over selling them usually on the west side. A lot of people might not know how many blueberry farms are along the west side too. We'll be driving over to South Haven in July sometime, we buy them already picked at a farm there. I used to pick them, but it takes forever and I eat too many while picking. Plus now with the hip surgery I could not do it this summer anyway.
 
Sounds so lovely Cecropia and your description makes one want to be there.I love the pics in my head. One of the mighty 5, huh the Great Lakes, like the ocean. I have The St. Lawrence River/Seaway surrounding the island of Montréal. We used to drive and camp in all the provincial and state parks. Will be doing that next year, perhaps.I am walking with a cane only today too--am ecstatic.
 
@mikeycat
Just a cane...awesome! Every few days something new reminds us we are getting better. And I remember in one of your posts when we were talking of retiring to a condo because after surgery seems so hard to keep up with house and yard. You said Victoria, but husband St. Petersburg. Would that be Florida? Victoria sounds beautiful mild temps all winter. Have read about it before....
 
You guys are bringing back some lovely memories.. I grew up in Ohio and we loved Lake Erie. We didn't get to go very often but I have the best memories.. @mikeycat I've actually dived the St Lawrence River.. a lot of old ship wrecks that are remarkably preserved in that cold water. In fact I was there when I decided that I really did not like diving in frigid cold water!! @Cecropia- your home and the surrounding grounds sound so dreamy. the best motivation ever to getting back on your feet. Your hubby falling in the pond? A hilarious bonus.. :swim:
 
@Cecropia Yes that would be Fla.We liked it there. It is liberal and beautiful and we like to go to every park and move about everywhere. I want Victoria capitol city of B.C. and to travel up the coast go to the Queen Charlotte Islands and all the mountains and ocean I want to see.I have been showing my hubby condos in Victoria. I said we should go there in October--hip willing.
 
Today was a long tiring day, but fun. I needed 16 more quarts of strawberries, so my granddaughter (19, who lives with us) said she would pick them for me. Then my husband said he would help. Then I said I want to go too. So while they picked at my favorite patch out in the country on the farm, I wandered up and down the rows with my cane looking at the different berry types and stopping to eat a few. Then I found myself picking a few, just a few, could not help myself. I still have trouble bending over. And getting on knees? NOPE! I did a lot of walking while they picked. And had to put them up when home, mostly freezing, jam was done with Mondays strawberries and some bagging for smoothies for the coming year. In all we did 32 quarts, this week.
I put pictures of the pie I also did today in the cooking thread.
I'm tired, but done with strawberries. :yawn: Now hopefully a nice holiday weekend of resting. :)
 
It sounds like a wonderful day for you @Cecropia but I bet you are tired after all of that. My alerts aren't coming through but I did get the pic of the pie crust.....can't wait to go see the pie! Perfect for the 4th of July, enjoy your day tomorrow!
 
@SE Florida Thanks. I'm doing okay. I have been finally out a bit shopping. Short trips. All the new walking has made my muscles a bit more sore, but in a good way I think. I've eaten a lot of strawberry pie, I keep checking in the mirror to see if I've turned into a strawberry yet.:heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom