THR Cocoon to moth

You're doing great for only one month post op. :wink:
Keep up the good work at a slow steady pace. You'll get there.
@Cecropia
 
Hoeing and weeding and bending down - well done, you! :yes!:
I still have the bending restrictions until at least 6 weeks out.
You are so right when you talk about the ups and downs of this recovery, but just now you are enjoying some of the "ups" - things are getting better!
 
@Cecropia I'm loving reading about your gradual return to gardening (and seeing the picture of the view you wake up to each day). I'm a gardener as well but am having to rely on help this summer--maybe by fall I'll be able to do some bulb planting, etc.
 
@linette333 Well ya know I just sat around yesterday, did not do much walking or anything, so bored and sitting in my backyard staring at my flowerbeds, which were not too bad really. This morning, after breakfast, my headstrong way, I just like said to myself, go for it.....
I felt like I had to test myself a little and all went well. Actually in 3 more days I'll be at 5 weeks. But who's counting....MEEEEEE! I'm cheering for the left emoji. He better win out! :yay:
:good-bad:
 
@gertie Hi, June 24, you are only like 4 days out? Hope your recovery is smooth sailing. I had help before my surgery planting and after. Everything in my bad hip hurt to bend, walk, so I could not plant my annual garden or my pots, I had help. I have perennials also. By fall I would think if all goes well you should be able to do some planting bulbs. This was the first day I went out and tried hoeing, nothing hurt, so I kept going and mostly used the golfers stretch to bend down to grab some of the weeds and toss them in a bucket. I just had to try it.....going crazy here otherwise.....:bored:
 
@gertie
May I suggest knee pads. When you are ready to try. I have used them always even before needing surgery. I have some for in the house too. Nice thick ones that strap on. I was able to get on my knees finally in my house and dust some low furniture last week. Without them I could not do it. I wanted to get on my knees and weed today, but I thought I better cool it a bit, I don't want a set back, but I thought about it.....:whistle:
 
I've had 2 new knees as well as the hips so I don't relish kneeling. But I do have a low wheeled cart I'd like to get down on again.
 
So happy things are looking up for you and that strawberry pie sounds great. We are known for our strawberries and we wait every summer for them. I make pie as well. I will check out the recipe. Hope every day gets brighter for you as you deserve it.
 
@Cecropia hello again! I finally caught up with your thread,, you are doing very well!! And already doing some gardening.. that'a so good for the soul. I planted most of my plants in big pots this spring and am hoping I can easily reach them for dead heading, etc. I, too, am worried about weeds in the gardens but don't dare say much since the husband is doing so much for me right now.. but how I want to! :heehee: I'm on day 4 and hope to take a good long shower shortly.
 
@CricketHip
I don't have any soreness from working in my flowers, just notice my legs feel weaker today. They had a workout holding me up. I don't have huge flower beds anymore, but still tiring. I put miracle grow on my annuals in pots and my zinnia garden last night. It should be a week or more now before they need anything other than watering. My husband also doing lots, like weed killer around the driveway and places, and fungas and bug spray on my roses things I normally do. I did the dishes this morning, don't have a dish washer, never wanted one, I'm old school I guess. I can't believe how your life comes to a screeching halt after the surgery, and never being through this before was totally unprepared at how helpless you are. Even the little things like washing a few dishes???? Wow! Well, keep the faith, it does improve a little at a time, but you are on the second journey with hip #2, so I should be getting tips from you about this...:yes:
 
So we have no sidewalks cause we are city, but rural. Bike path near by but I'm not ready for that much walking so I do my laps in the back yard. Husband been fixing a leaking outdoor faucet all afternoon.:censored:
So I stopped by my pond and said must be a raccoon is moving the rocks around. Husband comes to see. I say if I could bend over I would pull that large rock back into place. He says I'll do it.

He steps with left foot on a rock and then the right foot towards the loose large rock and I say NO,NO, wrong one, don't step on that one it's the loose one, this coming out of my mouth lightening speed.

Not fast enough. He steps on rock, rock slides into pond with my husband catapulting into the middle of the pond completely submerged except his head. I hate myself trying to ask if he's okay and laughing hysterically.:rotfl: Are you okay?:rotfl:Are you okay?:rotfl: He starts to climb out, algae hanging on him, like a sea monster. I dare ask if he can locate the rock first and lift it up? He does. He has his good tennis shoes on, his nice shorts, his wallet in pocket, me :rotfl:. I'm such a bad wife...:rotfl:. He's okay just a bad scrape.

Once at a wedding a guy a few rows in front of us had a off kilter toupet, a lady behind him started laughing and had to slide down in her seat and then my sister and I started :rotfl: and then my son in law :rotfl: it was not good and the minister is trying to marry this couple. Sigh.

Once at church, I'm a Baptist, don't speak in tongues or raise my hand at church, but this guy was way into it and then we sang and my brother in law was so off tune, yup it started us all :rotfl: and we had to hide our faces behind the hym book. We were visiting this church. Could not stop laughing, so embarrassing.

I just have this funny bone inside me and it comes out at the wrong times....:rotfl: End of story. I did my laps in the yard with no cane and no limp. Getting there....:yes!:
 
@SE Florida The raccoons push the rocks around looking for bugs during the night and the one rock was about to fall in the water so I wanted it moved back but my husband thought it was the one next to it so he stepped on the wrong one and they both went in the water. I did have a moment where I thought what if he had hit his head how would I pull him out if he was unconscious with my hip? But all was okay, sort of.:heehee:
 
Oh gee you don't need that. Everyone ok? I think sometimes perhaps selfishly I question if anything happened to my husband how would I cope. Gee does it ever end? I probably would have laughed too--we have a lot of people falling here on the ice (winter of course) . It is funny of course when it is happening to someone else. Don't think I would like to go down myself now. Good for you walking unaided you're making it you are so getting there Cecropia BRAVO!
 
Almost all hippies still speak of groin pain even weeks out. I wish I knew exactly where they feel this groin pain. I always have this discomfort at times that is very slowly improving, but I say mine is mid top upper thigh in crease, about where that cup implant is. I'm the only one who seems to have the pain there unless everyone else considers that the groin in some way. I wish there was a picture exactly where we consider a groin pain.....to be. It pinches there when I bend over to far or get up from a seated position or walk too much, etc. ??? Is this groin pain?
 
@mikeycat
I did show him where it hurt. He said it was a tight muscle from surgery and needed to be stretched out and told me how to do it, but it kind of hurts to do the exercise, but I try...he did not mention groin, and I did not think to ask....darn....
 
Today I packed a picnic lunch and I and my husband drove to Holland MI State park. It's 1-1/2 hr drive there. It is right on the beach of Lake Michigan. We sat by the causeway and watched the yachts and sailboats going in and out to Lake Michigan from lake Macatawa in Holland. Sometimes the large barges come in from Lake Michigan and unload then go back out, not lucky to see that today tho. I did more walking than usual with my cane in hand. My husband went out to the end of the peir, I wanted to, but instead I rested on a bench looking out across the vast beautiful Lake Michigan. For us Michiganders, it is second best from the ocean. Sometimes I love it more.....
We left at noon and arrived home at 6. Also stopped at our favorite icecream place, Captain sundae where President Bush and also Mitt Romney had stopped for icecream there. They have pictures of them. It's a unique place and usually packed. Sitting outside only, but cute benches and decorations and a small miniature golf course too. It's part of our Holland fun adventure. We tend to drive to Lake MI at least 2 times a month and sometimes camp at the campgrounds. Won't be going quite so much this summer tho.:sad:
Feel good. Not sore, but I did more sitting than walking so I think I'll be okay. Watered my flowers when we got home.:flwrysmile:
So today was good, did not have to sit home complaining.
I am just so restless....:whistle:
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom