THR Cocoon to moth

@Fit4Family
I wore my husband's boxer shorts at first too. That was not much fun...:shrug: . So I went what Ptarmigan said commando.:heehee:
Anyway they bunched up under my slacks and hung out under my shorts.
I don't know how guys like those boxer shorts. I asked my husband why don't you buy those sexy tight undies like in red. :rotfl:
 
Great to see you getting so active and going back to exercising! Not sure how, but I have actually lost weight since surgery - 6 lbs. in 6 weeks. I am taking it as an unexpected bonus! However I certainly wouldn't recommend THR as a slimming diet ..... :heehee:
 
@CricketHip
After surgery I did eat well, there was not much else to do.:heehee:
On request, my husband brought me Mcflurries, Dairy Queen, I wanted icecream, icecream, icecream. Crazy. It's not so bad when you can exercise.
Last night I went grocery shopping, stocked up on apples, grapes, muskmelon, healthy foods. Got home was going to have a grilled Turkey burger, potatoe and vegetable. My husband says let's go out to Los Tres Omigos for dinner.
What? I just bought all these groceries. What about my diet? Well, we went and I ate half my order and got a box for the rest, for tonight. I'm not craving ice cream anymore. Thank goodness. :heehee:
 
Oh man, we do that allll the time too! Buy oodles of good things then go out to eat and especially Mexican! That sounds sooo good. Just think, hopefully by fall we both will be walking long distances and burning calories, big time. How did you do with the elliptical? Any soreness to speak of? That sounds so hopeful.
 
Last edited:
@CricketHip
I got so tired of researching ellipticals I finally settled on the Sole e25. My other one ran on batteries, very outdated, this one is electric plugs in with an on/ off switch. I dont want to wear the switch out so I plug/unplug from wall. It does have stationary handles too where you check your heart rate. Motor is in front. And I can plug my cell phone in for pandora and it has speakers. I think all the newer ones have this stuff. They are all heavy little suckers. My husband put it together.:censored: I used it twice, just started after 7 weeks post-OP. First 15 min at level one walking. Second time same thing. Yes I feel it in my muscles, but not bad pain like surgery pain. And I don't do it every day, I'm getting started mall walking again slowly just 1 lap. Taking it slow. I considered my grocery shopping last night was my walk for the day, it's a big store and I was all over it. Hope this helps. I'm nervous about exercising but I'm not trying to jog or walk fast or do anything that would hurt myself. My mini tramp, I almost gave away as I use it to move my lymph system. Then I got my book out and read where you dont have to jump, you can keep your feet grounded on the tramp and gently move up and down and still move your lymph system which is very good. So I'm keeping it and will use it still. I will miss jumping and dancing to music on it. :heehee: If you are interested about your lymph system and how it keeps you healthy, you could read about it. Mini tramps are pretty neat and you don't have to jump on it. Off track here a bit, but thought I'd throw that in.
 
Sounds like the mall walking is improving, @Cecropia and without any assistive device other than your husband's arm, how sweet! I remember last time with hip #1, going to a local park with a flat walkway all around, and clinging to my husband's arm as we very slowly walked. It was so nice to get outside in the fresh air and not having to carry my walking stick or the walker. One tiny step towards regaining our independence--wahoo! You're doing great--keep it up!
 
@Barbaraj
You are so sweet. I'm almost at 8 weeks, so my hubs just walked beside me. I told him to go on ahead I was walking so slow.:heehee: Of course he stayed with me. Kept going behind me and saying "Oh you are doing good, not limping." My coach! That was last week. This week I feel really stronger, so weird how you just make progress, like a toddler who learns to walk and off they go. He goes to bed now and I'm out wandering around the back yard with a head lamp, picking these little beetles off my flowers that come out after dark. I do this every year. So annoying. :arrow:I dump them in a soap bucket. A week ago I would not thought this was possible for me to do. :yay: I'm sure you will be trying to break all barriers, as you are impatient as they come....:running:♥️
 
I love reading about these transitional steps from “recovering hip patient” to “getting back to the things I used to do.” I wonder if all of you realize how incredibly motivating it is to have images to tuck into our minds of “partway recovered”...the first adaptations we can make that get us back out into the world safely and sweetly..
 
@Cecropia ! How did I miss your post about your new Elliptical! It sounds wonderful... and then you mentioned your mini trampoline.. you are preaching to the choir..:loll: I am a strong proponent of taking care of our Lymphatic Systems.. many physicians are just now getting on board with it and I think we will be hearing more and more about this powerful system in the near future... and you are so correct, you don't need to jump, just stand and gently rock up and down.. or as I was taught (but not immediately after a THR) to just sit on the tramp and gently rock up and down.
I like dry brushing, too. It helped me a lot those first two weeks when my leg, ankle and foot were so swollen.
I couldn't reach my lower leg to do manual lymph drainage so I used the brush. It took longer to kick in but I believe it helped.
Andagain I am so sorry I missed your post here.. :groan:
 
@CricketHip
Don't be sorry....♥️ A lot going on in here these days.
I just think it is awesome that someone else knows about moving the lymph system. I've had my mini tramp for years and when I try to explain to friends or family the benefits of moving the lymph system, they have no idea what I'm talking about. I get nowhere.:chinstroke:So wow, thanks for posting about it.:happydance:
 
I didn't read it also and I could certainly use it for the amount of edema I have. What is this device?There are also massages that specialize in lymphatic drainage.I am going to use that too as this physio centre is close by. Also dry brushing???
 
@mikeycat
I've never done the dry brushing, just use the mini tramp. I think if you Google it, it will come up. Crickethip knows a lot about the dry brushing.....
 
:flwrysmile:Good Morning @Cecropia

Was just out watering and saw tiny Beatles on my flowering plants. Remembered your post about soap!! Amazing what you can learn on BoneSmart.

So happy to read how well you are progressing. From toddler to walking already. Inspiring!
 
Morning @Cecropia. I'm wondering about this lymph therapy. Is this a preventive thing or because of a condition? Do you mean a mini trampoline workout? What do you mean rocking on it? My Dad has done workout on a mini trampoline for years instead of jogging. My enquiring mind wants to know. I don't deal with swelling on a normal bases however with more years behind I would like to take care of the years ahead.
 
@Izabel Great article!
@julesglass The article that isabel posted above is a good one to read; and there are many others if you Google it.
It is a preventive treatment and also for certain conditions as per say in the articles about moving the lymphatic system.
I started rebounding on a mini trampoline years ago hoping to be healthier in later years after reading the supposed benefits.
Your dad was correct to use the mini tramp instead of jogging as it is easier on the knees, etc.
 
Dad had starting jogging in the 70's and when he went to his Doc for physical the Doc told him walking briskly was better for the knees than jogging. Dad then got the trampoline mid 80's and continued that for years.
 
@Cecropia for some odd reason I am not getting alerted when you page me! So again I am slow to reply. Plus I had a really rotten day yesterday and wan't around my laptop much at all. (as in my wallet was stolen out of my purse, and was racing against time to cancel cards while the thieves were racking up charges) :yikes:
I haven't had time to thoroughly read the article @Izabel posted but what I did scan through and read is really good!
MLD - manual lymph drainage- is helpful for many things, but especially oncology patients. Other people who can really benefit are ones suffering from Chronic Lyme Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis and more recently many post op clients after any surgery..
I make it a practice to dry brush at least 4 days a week.. I also made sure to do some MLD exercises before my surgery and have continued them after.
I need to get over to the DMV and get my Drivers license replaced but will reply more when I can!!
@julesglass
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom