MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

I'm glad your pain is going down. I think your bend is great for just having a MUA. It hit 120 yesterday. It'll hit it again when it has healed and the swelling is gone. Rest good today.
 
Claire, glad to her everything went well with MUA. I hadn't seen your posts as I am not getting email alerts for your posts unless you tag me. I don't know why I get everyone else's. Take it easy and ice and elevate as much as possible.
 
Physio has been and bend is down from 120 to 105, she won't let me go until I've got 120 which is what they got in theatre yesterday. OS also wants the 120.
Are you saying they won't let you go home from the hospital until your bend is at 120? I really hope they don't push your knee because of that. It's completely understandable that you lost ROM from the swelling caused during the MUA. Hope they both back off (Physio and OS) and allow time for pain meds to manage the new pain and the knee to settle down. Good luck we are all rooting for you.
 
Hello Claire

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. You've been given good advice here from what I've read. Your knee just needs gentle exercise, painkillers and some tlc. We both know these knees dislike being messed about with!
I'm sending you lots of love, hugs and positive thoughts.

Please take care
Love Ann x
 
@Majic Strange that you're not getting my posts. Thought l'd tag you so you get my update.
Thankyou all for your best wishes and thoughts.
My knee is a little sore today, they did let me go home as l did get the 120, although l'm not sure why they wanted me to get to 120 straight away! I've been told to do exercises this weekend which involve bending my knee by rolling a gym ball towards me with my feet and then trying to get as much bend as possible by pushing my heels down! Also been told to sit in the side of a table and push my leg back with other one to bend it - apparently this is to ensure it doesn't stiffen up again!! Think l might leave some of these and just do gentle exercise! Also have to take codeine and paracetamol over the next 4 days to keep the soreness at bay! Not sure if l agree with their exercise regime! Hubby is also asking if l've done my exercises, so l guess I'll just have to tell him that I've done as much as l can - certainly not going to over stress it at this stage!
Will post an update again later.
 
@CATSMUM I didn't get an email alert for your last post either, I found it when I saw one from you to Lfitz. I don't understand what the problem is. I'm glad you're doing well, and it's only early days yet. I have been fitted with my orthotics and will have to see how I go.
 
The email alerts come and go, in spite of what our technical experts try to do. I think it's controlled by aliens! :heehee:
Did you realise that you can get an alert every time you log in to BoneSmart? Look at the top, right of the page and you'll see a grey box, with your username , Inbox, and Alerts in it. If anyone has tagged you, a red square appears beside the Alert. Click on/Select that red square and a notification drops down, with a link to the thread in which you were tagged.
 
Have done some very light exercises this morning, and do far so good. Bend appears to be maintaining itself at about 110-115.
 
That's wonderful! It sounds like your MUA was a complete success.
 
Fantastic, it does sound like it's done the trick. So happy for you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knee just beginning to irritate now, forgot to take my painkillers!! Must be feeling better, lol.
 
That's a good sign, let's hope you dont need the painkillers for too much longer. I'm really glad you are seeing improvement at last.
Tabby xxx
 
Happy you are recovering from your MUA Catsmum! It's nice to have positive input for those who will face one in the future!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Update: My knee was very tired last night and was hurting quite a lot - I had actually done quite a lot yesterday when l think about it now, so not really surprised. Icing and elevating really helped that.
This morning my knee appears to be maintaining ROM of about 110-120 (l have a goniometer). Tightness that l had before the MUA has really improved, still a little tight at the top of the knee but nothing like it was before. Whether that is down to the Codeine and Paracetamol I'm not sure, but l guess time will tell. Medial ligament (l think that's what it is) is tender, if it weren't for that pain then l'd be 100% happy with results. I'm sure that will settle down though with a little TLC (icing etc).
Will continue to do a few light exercises today and ensure I take my pain meds regularly.
Hope all my bonesmartie friends have a good Sunday. x
 
Hi Claire,
Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I hope your pain meds continue to keep you comfortable and you have a relaxing day.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Congratulations on your maintained ROM. I know you are relieved. I bet is going to get even better in the next months
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom