MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

I am very relieved that it's being maintained, it seemed to be stuck for so long at 80-85 degrees that l thought l'd never get movement back in it again. They don't think l'll get much more ROM than 120 degrees as that's all they could get in theatre but that's more than sufficient for my requirements. Just hope the improvement continues. My OS said l might find myself cursing him towards the end of next week!! :heehee:
 
When I went for my first after surgery exam, my OS walked in and asked if I hated him. I told him no, but it hasn't been fun!
 
@sistersinhim My OS is a sweetie and l could never hate him, perhaps not like him much when he bends my knee too much and hurts me that l curse him!! Only hope he's still in practice if l need my tkrs revised in future years.
 
I'm quite happy with mine, too. He had warned me that I might hate him after the surgery. I guess he'd ask if I did. Of course, he was saying it with a smile. It took a lot of prayer and searching to find him and I'm blessed that God answered me with this man!

Let's not even think about having revisions! These knees will last us all our lives! And no more arthritis to hinder our lives!
 
My OS is lovely too, he's got one dimple and his eyes light up when he's talking about Stryker Triathlons, he loves talking shop. I'm not quite ready to send him his thank you card yet though!
 
Tabbycat too funny!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knee is a little stiff this morning but not too bad. Bend is about 110 degrees so slight loss but l think that's to be expected. Still doing exercises but not pushing it!
 
110 after what you went through is quite good. I bet in a couple of weeks it'll be back to 120!
 
@newlybionic Marian, that would be nice but the Physio doesn't think it will go further as the OS could only get it to 120 degrees (this year and last year), 120 will be great and allow me to lead a normal life again.

Still got tightness and a little bit of discomfort but hoping that will settle in due course. Physio session this afternoon, Juliet is a little bit of an old school Physio but l certainly won't allow her to push too hard!
 
Update:
Had my second Physio session today, bad news and good news - good news is that the bend has maintained at 115, bad news is that the medial ligament has been strained when the OS did the manipulation. Got to have some more Physio sessions over next 3-4 weeks. Overall the Physio is happy with my progress but wants to see how things go with the ligament. She said the tightness at the top of the knee has been exacerbated by the manipulation, although l did tell her that l had it before!! Not too unhappy about things but hoping the ligament will heal quickly (it was always painful before l had the MUA so l guess it's been strained!)
 
Good luck catsmum, i have not been here for awhile, sorry you are still having issues after a year. hopefully this will be it for you. Good luck lady :fingersx:
 
I'm sorry to hear about your ligament strain after all you've been through, let's hope it doesn't hold your recovery from the MUA back too much.
Tabby xxx
 
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about that ligament. I pray it heals completely. But, remember it will heal at it's own time and you can't push it. That would cause more problems. And PT pushing you is not helping you either.
 
@sistersinhim I told the Physio l wasn't going to do anything else as it was hurting too much. Thankfully I'm not seeing her for another couple of weeks and don't intend to do that much!
 
Wonderful! You should see much improvement in the next two weeks.
 
Awe Claire- I hate to hear this. I know it's very discouraging but 'this too shall heal'!
I told the Physio l wasn't going to do anything else as it was hurting too much.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Thankfully I'm not seeing her for another couple of weeks and don't intend to do that much!
Hopefully this rest will strengthen the medial ligament and get you back on the road to a speedy recovery!

 
Knee has been quite painful today. Looks like my OS was right when he said I probably wouldn't like him this week. Spent the day doing nothing apart from resting etc. Ligament is still sore, hope it starts settling soon.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom