Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

So glad Claire to hear your ROM is improving! I got my bend to 110 yesterday. 118 with a little help from the therapist. Will pray both of us keep gaining flexion! Hope your weather is not so hot yet. We are getting blasted with heat and high humidity this week too.
 
Starting phased return to work from Monday - working from home mostly for a couple of weeks before getting back to my normal routine. Still have tightness, stiffness and medial discomfort. Be interesting to see how the flexion (ROM) behaves, hopefully, it will remain.
 
Quick update. Recovery going well although my lateral ligament is still very tight, think it needs oiling!! Knee still catches on medial side and clicks. Hardly limping now so it looks like everything is progressing well.
 
Well done Claire, that's pretty good progress. I think ligaments sometimes take time to mend. I often think I'm like the Tin Man who needs his oil can!
 
Claire, gland things seem to be working out for you. I had a very tight ligament with my first knee. The Physio massaged it a lot for me until it loosened. Maybe you could massage it yourself.
 
Managed to become a member of the ODIC club again - thought l was further on than l was after my mua! Good news is that the Physio thinks a few days of rest and icing will see it back to where it was last week. No Physio at all today. Due to see OS on Tuesday.
 
Sorry you joined the club again. It is a good thing you don't go back to pt until Tuesday. That will give your knee time to recoup! Take it very easy this weekend!
 
Sorry you're in the ODIC again. We all have been there. Rest and I've should put you back to where you were. I had a big birthday today and I see that bonesmart have noticed. We went out for a lovely lunch which we ate in a very nice garden. My patella tendons are still a nuisance, but hydrotherapy and swimming seem to be helping a lot and I am beginning to build up long lost muscles. I hope you are managing to keep your ROM, and keeping otherwise well.
 
Had my follow up appointment with my OS today. Progressing well, my ROM is just about 120. Still suffering from a little bit of pain and ligament problems but he told me that they will take some weeks more to settle. Still got to have Physio but that light is getting bigger! :hugzz:
 
That's a great report, I think most of us have pain and/or swelling off and on for a while.

Great ROM!!!
 
I'd love to have a 120 ROM! You are doing so good!
 
I don't know what my ROM is now,but 120 sounds good to me. Congratulations.
 
Hi Claire, how are things with you now? It seems a long time since you posted, is that good news or bad? Do let me know.
 
Also, how is the first knee doing?
 
Hi @Majic haven't posted for quite a time. Still doing well, although I'm still having Physio. My bend is fab about 125 degrees and I'm virtually pain free. How are you?

@sistersinhim Left knee is fine, although l sometimes have a feeling that the patella tendon is tearing! I don't have a kneecap so it might just be a weakness. Don't think my right knee will ever be as good as the left one, but as long as l can walk and do normal things, then that's fine. Hope you're ok.
 
What does your tendon feel like and when does it feel that way? It sounds like all in all you are doing quite well!
I have no kneecaps in either knee, so I wanted to see how yours was doing. I think I'm having a pretty good recovery, though I know my knees will be weaker than those with knee caps. My goal is to get rid of my constant cane companion that I've had for 20 years! Did you have to use one for your left knee?
 
@sistersinhim I'm very happy with how things are turning out given the problems l've had. The tendon feels like it's tearing, a very sharp pain and then it goes as soon as it happens. Quite often it happens when l bend my knee in bed!! You're absolutely correct about the knee being weaker without a kneecap, think mine is about 30% weaker, however, the pain l experienced before my ltkr has completely disappeared. I've used a hiking pole/walking stick for the right knee off and on since my op in June 2015, however, l ditched them about 6 weeks after my Ltkr. I'm sure you'll be able to throw away those canes very soon - that's a long time to be using them.
 
Thank you for the encourage post! I'm thinking that cane is going to be set aside eventually!
 
Claire, thanks for your reply, I'm really glad you're doing so well now.
I'm still having a lot of problems with my patella tendons and odd ligaments. I'm swimming once a week and having hydrotherapy every 1/2 weeks. I thought that our recent holiday in Croatia for two weeks would settle it down really well, but the opposite seems to have been the case. The day we flew home was particularly bad with lots of queuing and sitting on the plaine plus the long journey back from Heathrow, I was worse than ever the day afterwards. I don't think holidays suit me! I am still taking paracetamol and am trying a week or so on ibuprofen to see if it will settle the inflammation. After not dancing for 9 weeks I was reluctant to try last night but in the end we went to our class as usual. Not only did the pain ease, but I am much more supple this morning, and have less pain than usual. The OS, the physiotherapist and the hydrotherapist all think dancing is good for me, so maybe they are right. What I find most difficult and painful is standing. Church services and drinks parties are what I dread. I can't believe that I ŵill ever be able to stand in comfort again. Can you stand without pain, or is this something that I will never be able to do?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom