Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

Hip, hip, hurray for BoneSmart!
 
Isn't that knee, knee hurray? :heehee:

Take the time and rest. Once the knee is ready you'll be back on a smooth road to recovery.
 
Well it's about 10 days since l had my MUA, knee is still quite painful and tight. The medial ligament pain is settling down a little but still quite limiting especially when walking up and downstairs. Good news is that the bend still seems to be good. My knee was very painful after the MUA and l was barely able to walk on it, so obviously it's improved from there, guess I'll have to be patient and not expect recovery to be immediate.
 
Sorry things are still painful for you after your MUA. Hopefully you have appropriate pain meds and are taking them as scheduled. If the pain doesn't improve soon I know you know to contact your surgeon's office~ Thanks for updating us- maybe someone with more MUA experience will be along soon to give better insight that I have for you! Hoping you turn the corner soon and start feeling better!
 
@CATSMUM If it's any comfort to you, I too am having pain after my MUA. I don't have the ligament strain like you though. Tomorrow will be 2weeks since my MUA. Yesterday I made a visit to the ODIC. Knee was feeling better so I decided to do some cleaning (hubby helped too). Did some laundry, which meant going up and down the stairs several times. Changed the sheets on the bed and made a big supper. Felt good to move around...so sick of being inactive! But it caught up with me later and couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep. Had to take an extra pain pill. Had a one person pity party (with tears). Just guess I did too much too soon after MUA. But feeling better today after taking it easy. Hope you start feeling better and so glad ligament problem hasn't affected you ROM. Just wanted to try and reassure you I too still have pain and tightness...hopefully at this stage it is normal for both of us! Take care and rest, ice and elevate!
 
@jmp65 Thankyou for your post, must admit that has put my mind at rest. I had to take extra painkillers yesterday too after overdoing things - that blooming ODIC Club strikes again! Guess l wasn't too sure what to expect but l was probably looking through rose tinted glasses thinking that all would be well after a few days and l would be able to resume a normal life and activities. Not doing any exercises (although the Physio wanted me to do some fairly hefty exercise at home!) as l think it could stir it up more, so I'm living by the Bonesmart mantra of Rest, ice and elevate!!
 
Hi @CATSMUM
I think you are being very sensible not doing the physio exercises. They don't always know best! Your knee doesn't need any more stress. I also think ligaments can take a while to recover from injury. Hoping you feel better soon!
Tabby xxx
 
Knee has been quite sore lately. Probably something to do with driving and doing too much - guess the ODIC club strikes again. Ligament is still playing up on the inside of the knee which is stopping me from doing exercises!! Rested and elevated etc today, so hopefully it will settle.
 
Glad your progressing, but don't try to rush things. I'm sure you will get there slowly.
 
Saw my Physio today and she is very happy with my progress, the ROM is about 110. Told her about the pain I'm experiencing on the inner and outer side if my knee and she said its ligaments which were probably injured during the MUA - told to keep taking painkillers and rest, Also been told to treat this as a new recovery phase and not to think of it as a continuation of my tkr! Therefore, I'm only 2 weeks post op and as such am doing very well.
 
Fantastic! What good news! Now, to let those ligaments heal is the next thing.
 
Just got back from a very hot Physio session! Physio now thinks l might have some scar tissue which is causing the medial ligament to catch when l bend my knee! Then said l might just have to learn to live with my discomfort rather than having any other treatment. Not too happy with that but am hoping that things will settle in due course.
Got it to 120 today - hurt a little but is ok now. Have been discharged from Physio but am still seeing a personal trainer to ensure my ROM doesn't deteriorate.
Seeing the GP on Thursday so hoping he'll support a phased return to work for a couple of weeks.
 
Hi Claire
Sorry to hear you might have an ongoing problem with that ligament, but you are right not to give up hope that things will improve, I wonder if your OS would say the same. You must be happy to have 120 degrees ROM at last. Hope you can find a cool place to have a rest, it's hot here too. The dog is sat in front of the air con machine!
Tabby xxx
 
@Tabbycat Seeing the OS on the 16 Aug so will be interesting yo see what he suggests. I'm very happy to have 120 degree bend although it was a forced bend! Managed to get 115 by myself.
I've got a fan and am lying in front of it on the settee! My poor pussy cat is suffering in this heat but l guess we'd better make the most of it, this might just be our summer! Hope your dog is keeping nice and cool in front of the air con machine!
Catsmum. x
 
Hi Claire,
Glad your ROM has improved. Mine is about 115/120 most days, but when the weather was cooler it got to 125. We have a scorcher too, our dog is flat out in a darkened room. We have our dancing class this evening, so we are hoping it will be much cooler by then. We just don't get enough weather like this to get used to it.
 
@Majic Gosh I hope it's cooler for you this evening, otherwise it could be like a sauna for you. Thankfully the Physio dept wasn't too hot as it's almost underground!! You're right there, we don't have enough weather like this so we can't acclimatise properly.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom