Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

I'm sorry that you are having a MUA but I pray that it finally gives you an increase in your flexion that is needed.
 
Hello I've been catching up on your post. I'm so sorry to read you're to have an mua. I sincerely hope that this does the trick for you. It's so frustrating when recovery isn't straightforward.

I will try and pop in now and again to your thread, to see how you're getting on. Thanks for popping into mine. It's nice to hear from you again. Description of my recovery...two steps forward and one or three back. Still what will be will be.

Please take care
Love Ann X
 
Very achy knee today after the pulling and tugging the OS did yesterday. Been icing and elevating most of the day - roll on 30 June.
 
Claire,
Did you follow up Josephine's idea of a chiropractor? I saw one and she did help a lot. Sorry about the MUA. I am seeing a Pediatrist on Friday for an assessment of how I walk. Everyone seems convinced that this is the cause of my problems as it affects both legs, and the left was fine before.
 
@Majic not yet. Want to get the MUA out the way first and see if that improves my ROM. Your gait has a real bearing on how your knee performs so will be interesting to hear what the podiatrist thinks.
 
Off to the hospital this morning for my Pre-Op assessment fir my MUA. Only a short appointment this time - 30 minutes. MUA confirmed for 30 June, looks like it will take place in the afternoon as don't need to report until 11.30am.
 
Best wishes for your MUA.
Having an MUA will do some damage to soft tissues. Be aware of that and treat your knee gently. Don't rush into a regime of lots and lots of exercise, because your knee will need time to heal again. Just a little, gentle exercise is all that's needed, to keep your knee moving.

The BoneSmart mantras will still apply, particularly these:
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist (PT) - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
 
Pre-op assessment went well, BP was slightly raised but the nurse was not concerned and actually commented that for someone that suffers from Whte Coat syndrome, my BP was excellent! Very quick assessment, literally a couple of swabs, BP and Pulse check. As long as the swabs are ok, and there's no reason that l can think of that they won't be, then it's all systems go for a couple of weeks time.

@Celle Thankyou for your best wishes and your advice. I intend to take things slowly and not overdo things. Just hope my boss fully understands that! Thank goodness l have a supportive GP!
 
@CATSMUM. Sorry I couldn't reply yesterday I was halfway to our hotel. Glad the pre op went well, and will think of you when you have your MUA next week.:friends::friends:
 
Sorry for lack of reply, Claire, email alerts seem to have stopped again and I was just checking and found yours. To be honest I am not great, and losing all hope. I am very unsteady on my feet, I don't know why although I only finished the Nitrofurantoin last night and that couldn't have helped. I think the Wobbliness is exacerbating the muscle pain, and I am still very tired after the Shingles. We had a good holiday with amazingly beautiful weather, in the main dry, sunny and very warm. The hotel had a lovely swimming pool with nice warm water which I used 3 times and was appalled by how weak my arms are and how little energy I had. I am not a great swimmer, but I could barely make a length of the pool. I am getting my orthotics on Friday, but I have 3 hospital appointments this week at 3 different hospitals, so I shall be very busy with other appointments as well. Tomorrow I am sitting on the Schools Admissions Appeals Board in Gloucester all day, so I can't see myself becoming any less tired.
You must be dreading your MUA, I hope it goes well for you and that the aftermath is not too painful and most of all that it works.
 
@Majic Jackie I'm so sorry to hear that you're not doing well. Is it your knee or just generally? Sounds as if you're going to be busy this coming week. Glad you had a good holiday, we have a week booked in September in Charmouth and then a couple of weeks in Portugal in October.
Not feeling too bad about the MUA, just hope it works!
Hope tomorrow isn't too stressful for you and I ha you do not feel too tired.
 
@CATSMUM Hi Claire, I'm sorry to read you are having an mua at this point but really hoping it does the trick. I have a question, does your knee feel good except for when you are needing the knee to bend past that 75? I'm looking forward to following your thread and seeing positive rom come your way.
 
@LFitz Hi Lynn, my knee has been quite troublesome since l had a fall at 8 weeks post op. I still experience a lot of discomfort when doing normal things, but in the last couple of weeks it has begun to settle a little as long as l don't overdo it! I'm really hoping that the MUA will be the answer to my ROM and pain. I'll be sure to update my thread with my progress.
I notice from your thread that you appear to be doing really well after your MUA, well done.
 
Been admitted, seem the OS and Physio now waiting for the anaesthetist. Hoping that the knee will be much easier later this week after the Mua!
 
Good luck to you. I pray it is completely successful!
 
Had my MUA, the OS managed to get 120 bend and also heard the scar tissue break. Knee is slightly swollen and a little sore. Have had strong painkillers already in recovery. Been visited by Physio and given some exercises to do - very gentle ones just to maintain the bend. Got my fingers and toes crossed that this will do the job.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom