MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

Hi Jackie
I was interested in what you said about the dancing helping, but standing being painful. I find just standing the most difficult thing to do as well. I don't know if it's the joint, the muscles, the fatigue, or all three put together. I know what you mean about dreading it and wondering if it will ever be comfortable again. I haven't got any answers, but at least know you are not alone.
Tabby
 
I find standing for a long time really bad for me too, the knee, leg & foot are all stiff & feel achy. I'm post op 11 months & really thought things would be much better by now, so I'm feeling quite disappointed. I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Italy & did lots of steep walking so my ankles were aching, I just hope things improve to a life without stiffness.
 
Eventually you will be able to stand longer periods of time. It will be a gradual progression.
 
Even before new knees, we couldn't stand in one place for long, so this isn't so different. I just thankful we can walk without all that pain!
 
@suemegane Like you Sue, I ache allover my legs and feet while standing. This didn't happen with my left leg until I had the second, and then not until May or June this year. After I had shingles all my tendons and ligaments seemed to become weak and achy. I am also much tiffer than I was. The stiffness had gone from my left knee and almost from my right, but it is back with a vengeance. I have started to take Ibuprofen to see if it will help, and so far it seems to have a bit, I am also taking a break from my stretching exercises to see if that helps. I will have to wait and see.@Tabbycat are you still stiff?
 
Hi Claire, how are you today, I hope that tendon pain has eased up a bit.
@Majic, yes, still stiff, very achy when standing and problems with the extension. I'm doing the extension exercises every day, and think it's improving ever so slightly, but it's really taking its time. Let us know if taking a break from the exercise helps. It makes sense to stop doing something if you've got more pain. Sometimes I don't know what to do for the best!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom