MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

That's good that your MUA is over. Take it easy now with ice and elevation. You now know you can get to 120 so give your knee some TLC and you will get there on your own too.
 
@CATSMUM I just had MUA on Mon. I am doing real well and pain is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Are you using a CPM machine also? I am to use mine at least 8 hrs. per day...doctor prefers 12 hrs. I was stuck at about 80 degrees. My flexion was at 98 degrees the day after which I was able to get it there on my own! Start PT next Tuesday, so we'll see how far my bend is then. I know I can get it bent past 98 now and have my CPM set at 104 degrees as we speak! Good luck to you and I so hope this works for you! Keep us updated as to how you are doing! Be kind to yourself!
 
@jmp65 glad to hear you're doing really well. Very interested to see how we MUA guys get on so am following the various threads. My rom had stuck at about 85 degrees so l cam empathise with you completely.
No, we don't tend to use CPM machines in the UK, the Physio has left me with a rolled up quilt and pillow that my knee is bent over. Also got a small gym ball to assist in the exercises whilst I'm in hospita! Am going to take it very easy and not do anything silly.,
 
I hope your MUA will be a complete success and not take too long to recover from. My surgeon wants me to be at 90 by 12 weeks, I'm almost there. I hope I'll do better than that in time, but trying not to put pressure on myself.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
@Tabbycat Your OS sounds very sensible. The bend will improve just needs time. As you say don't put pressure on yourself. Take each day as it comes, it's still early days. :hugzz:
 
Will post an update in the morning as to how the knee is.
Sleep well fellow bonesmarties.
 
the OS managed to get 120 bend and also heard the scar tissue break.
Claire that's funny you say that because my anesthesiologist said that's the part he hates the most when he is doing the mua's is hearing that. Gives him the heebee jeebee's to which I said well man make sure I'm good and knocked out because I'd rather you hear it than me - we both had a good laugh at that.
So happy to hear everything went smoothly. looking forward to reading your update tomorrow.
 
Hoping your pain is minimal and you are able to rest @CATSMUM. Also praying this procedure will get you up and running again soon!

[Bonesmart.org] CATSMUM's new road to recovery
 
Didn't sleep too well last night, knee is sore and painful to walk on this morning. Bend still seems pretty good though and not too much swelling. Pain meds are making me sick and dizzy, so think I'll have to go back to paracetamol for now. Guess it's early days so l just need to be patient.
 
I'm sorry you feel rough this morning but it's it's understandable this early. It will pass though so stick with it (my surgeons favourite phrase when the going gets tough). At least the swelling is not too bad and the bend is good. I hope it heals quickly. This is for you:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] CATSMUM's new road to recovery
    image.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 213
Just been given an anti nausea injection, hopefully that will settle things. Physio has been and bend is down from 120 to 105, she won't let me go until I've got 120 which is what they got in theatre yesterday. OS also wants the 120. Been given codeine to see if that helps with the discomfort. Watch this space for further updates.........
 
Cocodamol 8/500 is the most codeine I can tolerate without nausea, but it can be quite constipating, so watch out for that. Ive read that the ROM always goes down some after an MUA because of the extra swelling. I'm sure you will get the 120 bend back with time and gentle treatment.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Physio has been and bend is down from 120 to 105, she won't let me go until I've got 120 which is what they got in theatre yesterday. OS also wants the 120.
It's understandable that your ROM has gone down. Your knee is traumatised again and it needs time to get over the new injury. It's one thing to be able to bend your knee when you are unconscious and can't feel the pain. It's entirely different when you are conscious.

You are going to get there, but don't feel that you have to rush or work hard to achieve that 120. You have all the time in the world now.
 
Thanks @Celle I'm not too worried about the bend going down as you say, it's traumatised again and needs time to recover. Already feeling easier so I'm not going to risk anything.
Just happy that l have over 90 degree bend and looking forward to being able to recommence my life again.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom