MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@Raffs We're known as the Griswolds around here, you should see the size of my electricity bill! The decs go up at the end of Nov and come down after 12th Night. We only have 2 Christmas Trees these days but have a lot of LED lights, canvases, stuffed toys to name but a few! We have a polar bear, penguin, bear cub and Snowman as well as lights for outside too! The countdown begun on Dec 25 2014 when our Countdown to Christmas blackboard read 0 or 365 days to go!
:snow plough:
 
Love it!! Wish we had more like you around here. I love Christmas. Hope your knee has been ok the rest of today.
 
Our neighbours come and look at our house and our friends always ask if we're having our pre Christmas do, as they love our decs! Think I'll have to dress my hubby up as Santa on year, lol

Knee was very stiff and tender last night, which quite surprised me. Guess it's telling me that it wasn't happy going on a trip out and then staying bent for so long too! Even icing it, didn't really pacify it last night, it's a bit like a spoilt child and was sulking!! Not doing too much today apart from resting etc.
 
I hope you have an official switching on ceremony!!

How has your knee been today after yesterday? Mine is sulking now after my day out!
 
We certainly do! Our friends get quite sulky if we don't!!

My knee has been really stiff and tender today, have rested etc, but it's not been too happy with me today. Sorry to hear your knee is not happy with you going out today, hope you had a good time in spite of that troublemaker!
 
Although l slept very well, the old knee is still quite stiff and tender, guess until the bruising goes completely the knee will not move as it should do. Hubby's on leave for a couple of weeks now but is going away with his mates for a few days later this week so l have no doubt that l will be given instructions not to do anything too much! Must admit that when he booked his trip away, we thought l would be much further on but then again, l guess the fall out me back a couple of weeks.
Cat is getting his new microchip flap fitted today, he's currently not amused at seeing his old one dismantled and has gone out in a huff!
 
I guess you're still recovering from the fall and also from your long car journey. Just do as he tells you when you're home alone and don't do to much!! Hope the stiffness and soreness eases up today. You'll have to encourage puss to come in via his new flap when it's installed so that his chip is read - hope he doesn't sulk and refuse to use it!
 
@Raffs We've already manhandled him to the flap and his chip has, apparently, registered. He's partial to chicken so we may need to resort to bribery initially:snork:
Amazing how long it takes to recover from a fall and longish car journey. Hoping my knee will be a lot better when we drive to Islington on Friday week, journey will be about 3 hours!!
 
Yep, that sounds familiar! Bribery often works!

I think if you stop at least once or twice you'll be fine. Perhaps do part of the journey on the back seat with your leg stretched out?
 
Unfortunately we're going up with my nephew and his fiancée so they'll be four of us in the car, hoping they might let me sit in the front seat. I'll get my hubby to mention about stopping for a walk around on the way up.

2 pieces of cake, now that's just boasting! Making me feel hungry now! Long time since I've made any cakes, normally make at least one sponge cake a week (Mary Berry is my idol)! Will also need to think about ingredients l need for Christmas Cakes and Puddings soon, although l will not be making that many this year!
 
Oh I think you definitely should be allowed the front seat! Put an old pillow or something on the floor for a bit of elevation.

It was a M&S jungle birthday cake - chocolate. I love baking but end up eating it all. I often make Christmas puds etc too. Can't wait for Weds and the next GBBO!
 
Knee has been quite sore over last couple of days. I haven't been elevating it as much as perhaps l should, so that might be the reason. Been sitting on chair in garden too much also. Tight band on side of knee too which had started to settle some guess I'm probably doing too much. Sure it's only muscular, but l always worry when l get a pain/ache I've not had in ages, feeling is also coming back on that side too. Have also started having baths instead of showers and trying to get 0 extension in the hot water by trying to get back of knee to touch bottom of bath, perhaps I've overdone it!
Guess I need to be more patient but it's difficult. Will have opportunity to rest as hubby is going away with his friends for a few days and I haven't got much planned.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it sore in one place or in general? Are you still taking pain meds? Sitting definitely can aggravate it. It's horrid when new pain occurs or old pain comes back. When are you next seeing your OS? You're doing DIY hydrotherapy- excellent!! Just be careful, of course. Being patient is not easy, is it?
 
@Raffs it's sore in the area where l hurt it when l fell a few weeks ago, I'm sure it's the ligament l strained when l fell. I've only been taking paracetamol but decided to take a codeine this morning to see if that would help. Not seeing OS until Dec now but have a Physio consult next week so hopefully it will have settled by then. Think it's a combination of sitting with it bent for ages and not taking enough medication when it started playing up.
You're right, it's not easy be patient, just as you think you're turning the corner, you have a little set back, I'm quite annoyed at myself.
 
Was that the last tight band place for you? The side? I hope it feels better soon.
 
It was. It's exactly the same area that immediately swelled up after my fall, so I'm assuming that I've angered it again. Blooming annoyed.
 
Mine is still tight on the side and the top, so maybe soon it will be gone, if I don't injure it! Take care!
 
@tigwy11 takes so long doesn't it. Hope yours settles soon. I've always been a little accident prone, l fell down the stairs after l had my left knee replaced but thankfully didn't do any damage! I'm not that good at being patient either and also keep comparing this recovery with my last, which is something you should never do!
Was just reading I'm one of local papers, a chap had a total knee replacement done and was out walking within a couple of hours, new procedure being tested apparently. Bodes well for all of us in later years if we need revisions etc.
 
I read that same article @CATSMUM . It was a guy in the UK, wasn't it and he and his wife went for fish and chips when he left the hospital. I agree that this whole thing is a journey -- a long long long one.

Roxie
 
Anybody got a link to the story? I'd like to read it!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom