Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@Raffs They certainly don't, my Physio massages my knee and then asks me to sit on the side of the couch and bend my knee only to see what the bend is like! No lunges, no sit/stands nothing. Think you may well be overdoing things, follow my example and do very little Physio! :heehee:
 
That sounds like a good idea! Can you walk up and down stairs normally? How far can you walk? Do you find it easy getting in and out of bed, off the sofa etc? Does your knee still feel warm?
 
@Raffs I can walk upstairs normally without too many problems, downstairs is another matter - one step at a time but it will come. Farthest l can walk is about a mile at the moment, speed is about 3 miles or so per hour! Never had problems getting in or out of bed, but getting off the settee (which is low) can sometimes be a problem. Knee is still a little warm, God bless icing!
 
Sounds very similar to me. I try to walk up the stairs normally whenever I'm not carrying anything. I can't go down yet either, still toddler style! I walk 20-30 mins, no idea how far I go but I'm very very slow. About half my normal speed, I reckon. I used to use my good leg to hoist my operated leg around but can now get in and out of bed easily, pretty much normally. My sofa is low too so that can be an effort. My GP was concerned yesterday that my knee was warm, I did tell her it was normal! Thanks - interesting to hear where you're at.
 
@Raffs hi. I also have no exercise at home for strength yet. I am a little over 4 weeks out. I go to pt 3x week and do home exercises too.
I am walking up and down stairs alternating but holding on stiil. Don't have confidence or the strength to do it without the railing.
Knee still swollen after exercise and after long days at work
Hope you are doing well too
 
@Raffs Getting there slowly. Knee appears to be settling nicely now. Off out with a friend for a walk and cuppa later so that will be a tester. How are you? Is it today you start wfh?
 
Excellent. Hope the walk goes well. I've just updated my thread - it's another whine I'm afraid! Be warned before you read!! Yes, wfh today - on my first break now.
 
Had a lovely walk with my friend , followed by a cuppa and then a beautiful lunch in a pub. Sun is now shining and knee, so far, is behaving itself. Hubby is away for a few days enjoying himself in Belgium, no doubt quaffing litres of strong Belgian beer, so I will be looking after myself until Sunday, not planning on doing anything that will cause my knee to flare up. Just going to take it easy.
 
Sounds like a great day. Here's hoping your knee behaves itself after its outing!!
 
@Raffs Feeling a little tired at the moment and stiff. Have been icing since my mate left. Had an online grocery shop so had to unpack that and then make dinner, not used to this, I had a servant that did it all before he disappeared to Belgium, lol.
 
Been out for a 1/2 mile walk this morning, watered the pots in the garden, about to unload th dishwasher. Knee is feeling quite good at the moment, however, better not say too much about that now in case it hears me!
Hubby arrived in Belgium safely so will have to look after myself carefully for the next few days. Thankfully, I've got some ready meals for tomorrow and Sunday and today is an easy meal to cook.
Will attempt to do some washing tomorrow, was considering putting it out to dry but that might be a step (literally) too far!
 
Sounds like a great start!!

It is a great start, little annoyed at myself because this is where l should have been 3 weeks ago, if l hadn't have had my fall. Still it's improvement and that's the main thing.
 
@CATSMUM - don't be annoyed at yourself. Accidents happen, and it's unfortunate, certainly, but it is what it is. The GOOD news is that it's behind you and you're back on track for recovery.

You are having a great start to your day.. but.. shhhhh.. I get what you mean about not having your knee hear you!! hahahaha!:heehee:

Hope you have an easy time of it while your husband is out. :yes:
 
You should have hired a temp servant! One of those hunky ones who wear aprons and not much else, lol!!!

You've had a busy day. Hope knee still feels ok?

You shouldn't be annoyed at yourself, accidents happen don't they? You're making good progress now. Just take it nice and slow whilst you're on your own, no more trips please!
 
@Raffs they were too expensive, lol. Knee is feeling ok, been icing and elevating today. Decided to stop,taking naproxen and go onto ibuprofen now. I know l shouldn't feel annoyed and accidents happen; I know that I'm now back on track but feel frustrated that I put myself back, still onwards and upwards.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom