MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@tigz I've had a few appearances from these so called dissolvable stitches. In fact l think l was even called a Stitch Splitter too, lol. Just wish my GP surgery had dealt with it properly in the first place rather than just snipping it and not giving me anything to dry it up, it was only after l had a localised inflammation appear that they dressed it with iodine to dry it up!
 
The OS actually gave me the sterile scissors and tweezers he opened up, and told me if I felt comfortable I could pull them out myself if they were far enough out! I felt comfortable with two, the others were taken care of between him with two visits, and two PTs actually took care of the supposed dissolvable stitches also!



Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
I think l may have one more long one that might make an appearance, if it does l will be contacting the GP or going to the local Minor Injuries unit (if it's the weekend) for them to deal with it.
 
Very humid overnight here, lots of rain which was forecast. Think knee is a little easier this morning (don't want to tempt fate by saying more at the moment).

Had a lovely bath for only the 2nd time since my op last night - l should explain that I've been showering! Had a lovely long soak, although my extension is not zero yet, l think it has improved slightly. The hot water felt good surrounding my knee and l was able to lever myself out of the bath without too much trouble. Only used the cryo cuff once last night so I'm hoping that means I'm finally turning that corner.

Having my hair coloured, cut and blow dried today, need the grey roots taken care of now! Probably be in the chair a couple of hours so will see how l get on, might take my tens machine with me or even my instant ice packs to try out! @Raffs my Ben10 ones arrived the other day, lol, also l think the cocoa butter is working better than E45 cream.

Have a happy Friday (albeit a wet one in the UK).
 
Yes, very humid last night and this morning too. That's great re the bath, pretty sure I would struggle to get in/out at the moment. That's a good milestone. Enjoy the hairdressers. My salon has small footrests in front of each chair which gave me a bit of elevation and helped. I didn't ice there but did in the car on the journey.

You'll look very sophisticated with a Ben 10 ice pack on your knee, lol! Thanks for the update re the cocoa butter. Is it Palmers?
 
@Raffs My hairdressers have built in foot rests on the wall so I'll use that. The hairdressers is literally a 5 minute car ride away so very local. Yep, it's Palmers, hadn't realised what a lovely smell it has, almost makes me want to eat it!
 
You inspired me!!! I just managed to easily climb into and out of the bath (without any water in it)! Sat down, got back up again. No problem ! Yeah!!

Palmers smells of chocolate!
 
@Raffs So pleased you you managed to get in and out of the bath, that's the best way to do it when it's empty. Have a lovely long soak and you'll really enjoy it.

It does and such a lovely smell.
 
Well everything seemed to go without a hitch at the hairdressers, just now need to rest and ice to make sure alls well.
 
Excellent. It's nice to be pampered isn't it? Have a restful few hours now.
 
@Raffs it was lovely. Good to have a chat with them all too. Taking the rest of the day easy now!
 
@CATSMUM I haven't posted for a while but was reading your progress. Was sorry to hear you fell on your knee. I think you have done really well considering the fall. I am about the same time as you post op and still have the tightness round my knee. I find my foot swells up if I have been on my feet during the day it's hard to get the swelling down. Was at my nieces wedding last weekend and suffered for the amount of sitting about I did. Luckily I was staying over so went back to the room and bathed my knee and foot ....I took a half hour on the bed with my foot elevated I must say I felt a bit better for it.....like everyone else I just want this tightness to go. I haven't had any P/T the hospital told me not everyone gets it ....I feel I need to go to some kind of class to help a bit and saw the ones you were talking about. I'm going to phone tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your wedding...
 
@kakamac 56 I was only wondering how you were yesterday as thought l hadn't seen anything for a time. I'm really surprised that you've had no Physio, l would have thought that, even in the UK, knee replacement patients would have a couple of sessions. I really hope the knee course I'm doing is available in Scotland, guess Bath is a little too far to attend!!
We think we're going to get a taxi to the hotel, town hall, venue, hotel! Can't manage public transport at the moment. I'm a little worried about my knee swelling up so am taking some instant ice packs. Sitting is something that concerns me too as l could well be sitting for a good few hours. Unfortunately the venue and hotel are 2 different places, still another couple of weeks yet. You did the right thing going back to your room to rest it. Told my hubby last night that l would probably bow out early and go back to the hotel to rest. Thankfully, the swelling l get on the side of the knee settles if l rest. S
Like you like still have tightness, and like you wish it would go.
Let me know how you get on with tracking down a knee course.
 
Had a fairly good night, went to sleep about 10pm and woke at 5am! Didn't ice once in the night, in fact the need to ice during the night is really disappearing now, progress me thinks. Knee was a little stiff this morning so it is being iced now as l type this.
Off to see friends who live about 45 miles away today, that will be the longest journey I've been n since my surgery so will be interesting to see how it goes. Will take my cryo cuff with me just to be on the safe side.
Will do a little housework today, just cleaning the bathrooms as hubby isn't that good at that job!
Quiet day tomorrow, think hubby will try and fit the new microchip cat flap so that Mr Fergus isn't annoyed by the lady cats next door and l will just probably rest!
 
I hope you have a good visit with your friends, Claire. 45 minute drive, visit, 45 minutes back -- glad you're able to make plans for visits like that 2 1/2 months out from your TKR. You're about 6 weeks ahead of me, so I'm following your progress with great interest. I can't imagine walking a mile like you did earlier this week. You're definitely an inspiration! So sorry those pesky stitches keep popping up. What part of dissolvable don't they understand?
 
@SarahJane l must admit I'm a little anxious about the visit out today but it's almost like a tester for a much longer journey in a couple of weeks, trip to London for a wedding where we'll be staying for the weekend. It's about 120 miles each way so will be interesting to see how the knee copes with that. The knee was complaining a little when l was on the return leg from my mile walk, l could almost hear it saying 'you started this but I will finish it in my own time, so I'm slowing you down!', took much longer walking back than walking to the centre. It seems my knee has no respect for anything it sees as foreign and just decides to get rid of it, sometimes wonder if there's a little alien living in my knee that's directing operations!
 
@CATSMUM thanks good to hear your about the same as me.. I woke this morning to my leg really stiff so icing it now also..I laughed when you mentioned having an alien living in your knee. I keep saying I think someone has taken my knee and left me with this one its like having a stranger on the edge of my leg does nothing you want it to.. I didn't realise how heavy it would feel. ..I would love to try the bath but frightened I will get stuck I'm not the smallest of people so can imagine the emergency services coming to rescue me lol x

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
That was a good sleep! Yay! I think you'll be fine doing 45 miles (well, 90 in total). I sometimes put a pillow on the floor which elevates enough that it helps. Or sit on the back seat with your leg stretched out? As long as you can walk, ice and elevate when you're there then then you should be fine. I'm just about to do a little housework too. We have a microchip cat flap - it is brilliant - we were getting invaded by a black tom who kept spraying in the house - nice!! Your knee sounds like that movies that's just come out - Inside Out, lol! Have a lovely day and report back later on how it was, please.
 
Just got back from our friends who live the other side of Swindon. Hubby drove. Had lovely meal and afternoon with them. Knee is now a little stiff and tender so am now resting it and using my cryo cuff (which l took with me).
Iced it whilst over there so not as stiff as it could have been. Made arrangements to stay with them (just me as hubby will be watching Bath play rugby) in October. Will go to Christmas Shop in Lechlade and buy some additional decs to go with the ones we already have. Our house always looks like Santas Grotto, we decorate inside and outside, takes a couple of weeks to get it all organised!
 
Excellent. Glad the journey was ok and that the knee seems to have survived an afternoon out. Oooh, you're a Christmas Crazy!! Fantastic!!!! I love seeing houses all done up. Each year we add more too but haven't ventured outside yet. I love it, only 19 weeks to go! :snow plough:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom